GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,122
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, haledarkz870
» Online Users: 1,673
2 members and 1,671 guests
Sarak24034

Old 08-21-2000, 01:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb Whatever Happened to?? Music Has Beens!!

Hello All
I was thinking of this the other day, whatever happened to some people who used to be all that in the MUSIC WORLD!!

For instance, where is JADE?? I know they broke up and all but where are they NOW!!

KWAME, SPECIAL ED, MC BRAINS (i am from Cleveland with him and he was wack)

Who else is missing!?!?!?!?

Old 08-21-2000, 01:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to MaMaBuddha Send a message via AIM to MaMaBuddha Send a message via Yahoo to MaMaBuddha
guess who..i saw at BBQ's restuarant in the Village of NYC.... Paul Anthony from Full Force!!! he is sporting the baldy....no longer the jerri curl and still muscle bound as ever.

the brother is making money but not as a member of Full Force. he writes all the music for the Backstreet Boys and N'Sync!!! i saw that on VH1 "where are they now" i love that show!

he even came over to the table where i was sitting at with some other ladeez and said hello.

i was gushing!!!
Old 08-21-2000, 05:05 PM
GreekChat Member

I saw Special Ed a couple of months ago in Kings County Hospital emergency room (something was wrong with his foot)...anyway, being the nosey individual that I am...I sat there the entire time listening in on his conversation with his fiance. They were going over the wedding list. He looks good (gained weight and the whole nine yards)!
Old 08-21-2000, 07:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to kiml122
For instance, where is JADE?? I know they broke up and all but where are they NOW!!

I was just thinking to myself yesterday, what happend to Jade, like you I know they broke up but what are they doing now.

But what I want to know is where is Kashief and Eugene Wilde?

------------------
Peace
KL
Old 08-22-2000, 10:01 AM
GreekChat Member

I've got one for ya.........ABC....yes, I said it, Another Bad Creation. One of the radio stations played "Iesha" the other day....sista gurl was JAMMIN!

kel
Old 08-22-2000, 10:28 AM
c&c1913

Question

Whatever happened to...

Riff, Atlantic Starr, Midnight Star, The Jets, Hi-Five, Shai, Nuttin' Nyce, Lisa Lisa, Jody Watley, Good Girls, Karen White (remember Superwoman?), Domino, the guy that did the dazzey dukes song.
There are so many one-hit wonders (I've been watching VH-1 too long.)
There are others, but I'll have to look in my closet.
Old 08-22-2000, 10:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Do ya'll remember that group Technotronic?
They had that song "Pump up the Jam"? I have that on tape! LOL! Man, that thing is OLD!

12dn94dst, I was just thinking about ABC! Didn't they split up and some of them formed another group? I heard one of them went solo and had a song out, but I can't remember what the song was.

I loved me some Hi-Five and The Boys...got both on tape (ha ha, tape! Does anyone still listen to their tapes? I got Snoop's "Doggy Style" on tape and it's in the tape deck in the car right now )

Everyone brought up some good stuff. I have to go clean off my tapes and see what else I can add to this list.
Old 08-22-2000, 11:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by c&c1913:
Whatever happened to...

Riff, Atlantic Starr, Midnight Star, The Jets, Hi-Five, Shai, Nuttin' Nyce, Lisa Lisa, Jody Watley, Good Girls, Karen White (remember Superwoman?), Domino, the guy that did the dazzey dukes song.
There are so many one-hit wonders (I've been watching VH-1 too long.)
There are others, but I'll have to look in my closet.
Girl you took me back!! I miss SHAI like Crazy and KARYN WHITE used to be my anthem call especially her second CD.

RIFF will always be my group because of FAIR EASTSIDE. . . fair Eastside. . . by thy side we'll stand and always praise thy name!!!

Nuttin Nyce had like 3 good songs. . . HEY WHAT HAPPENED TO MOKENSTEF!!!! I likededed them, especially HE'S MINE!!! That was my jjjiiiiiiiizzzzzzzzzaaaaaaammm!!!

Hey I still bump my KUT KLOSE tape (Keith Sweat group sponsored by Kappa Alpha Psi )

OOOOOO LAwd, time to reminisce!!!

Old 08-22-2000, 11:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ZChi4Life:

I loved me some Hi-Five and The Boys...got both on tape (ha ha, tape! Does anyone still listen to their tapes?
OH LAWD! She said TAPE!! LOL I've got you beat there too....I've got the RECORD (you know, the big, black CD-looking things with the grooves in them )! LOL....not that I have anything to play it on, but I have it. I may have to look under my bed to see if I can find the rest of my tape collection. I had some really old stuff, but they got lost/thrown out when my parents moved fron NJ I know I've got Ralph Tresvant's solo album **singing** "you need a man with sensitivity, a man like me" and I think I have 3rd Bass "Pop Goes the Weasel" single. I want to say I've got MC Brains too....

Kel
Old 08-22-2000, 11:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by CrimsonTide4:

RIFF will always be my group because of FAIR EASTSIDE. . . fair Eastside. . . by thy side we'll stand and always praise thy name!!!

Nuttin Nyce had like 3 good songs. . . HEY WHAT HAPPENED TO MOKENSTEF!!!! I likededed them, especially HE'S MINE!!! That was my jjjiiiiiiiizzzzzzzzzaaaaaaammm!!!

Hey I still bump my KUT KLOSE tape (Keith Sweat group sponsored by Kappa Alpha Psi )

LMAO @ you singing the Eastside High School song!!

LMAO even harder @ Kut Klose being sponsored by the Nupes
Old 08-22-2000, 02:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
12dn94dst
I know I've got Ralph Tresvant's solo album **singing** "you need a man with sensitivity, a man like me"
I LOOOVVVVE me some Ralph! He was my FAV-O-RITE from New Edition! So ya'll know I had that on TAPE! LOL!

Oh and I still have a record lying around myself! Where they are, I couldn't tell ya. But I know I have a couple. I don't have anything to play them on either!
Old 08-22-2000, 02:40 PM
GreekChat Member

I know I SURE loved me some Ralph Tresvant

"It's hard to say, it's hard to say goodbye, to the way that things used to be but I'll always be right there when you need me"

Where did I put that cassette?

WHERE IS JON B.?
WHERE IS TREY LORENZ?
WHERE IS THOSE ONE CHICKS WHO HAD KEITH MURRAY IN THEIR VIDEO?
WHERE IS ALLURE?
PAULA ABDUL?
PEBBLES?
AL B.?
Old 08-22-2000, 02:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

MaMaBuddha, why do you have me singing this song! :-) That brought back so many memories!

I read about Jon B. yesterday; he's performing in CA at an event sponsored by his record label.

Allure is featured in September's edition of Honey Magazine. They have an album due out soon.

There is an article about Pebbles in September's Ebony; she is now a minister in Atlanta.
Old 08-22-2000, 04:22 PM
GreekChat Member

I have the RECORDS of Michael JACKSON, cuz this is THriller, Thriller. . .

I loved "GANGSTA LEAN", girl you had the words down pat.

Pebbles after her fiasco with TLC left the music business, I saw that on the TLC special.

RALPH was fine even with his jacked up teeth.

Yes i want to see Al B. Sure someday singing, Do you wanna, wanna, RESCUE ME!!!!

Old 08-22-2000, 05:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to tickledpink
Remember JJ Fad & "SuperSonic"?

Also, what ever happened to the guy that used to rap about milk (remember --- Milk is chillin...)? I think his name was MC Milk.