GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Social

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,192
1 members and 1,191 guests
JayhawkAOII

Old 11-03-2012, 01:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Senior Send Off

Hey Everyone!

Every semester my sorority does senior send off and this is the first year that I am doing it. Normally at Senior Send Off the Senior say a little speech and pass down anything to anyone that they no longer want or need, after the passing down the girls of age than go on a bar crawl (because our house is a dry house). In the end I want this semester to be simply amazing and creative so that everyone can enjoy it. I am looking for some fun, creative, and cheep ideas to help make this the most amazing Senior Send Off and Possibly be reelected for Special events in the Spring 2013 semester! If you have any fun and creative Ideas I would love to hear them!!
Old 11-03-2012, 01:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphireLove View Post
Hey Everyone!

Every semester my sorority does senior send off and this is the first year that I am doing it. Normally at Senior Send Off the Senior say a little speech and pass down anything to anyone that they no longer want or need, after the passing down the girls of age than go on a bar crawl (because our house is a dry house). In the end I want this semester to be simply amazing and creative so that everyone can enjoy it. I am looking for some fun, creative, and cheep ideas to help make this the most amazing Senior Send Off and Possibly be reelected for Special events in the Spring 2013 semester! If you have any fun and creative Ideas I would love to hear them!!
Last year my chapter made a video and had someone (little, biological sister, close friend, or a couple of girls) say a little something about each graduating sister. It could be funny, sharing a memory, heartfelt, whatever they wanted, just about a 30 second clip. Some girls even did a quick skit or wore funny costumes.
Ex: "Susie, I'm so glad you're my big sister, have an amazing time in New York next year, try not to get Starbucks every day haha..."
We did this with about 40 girls graduating, so this could work for a big or small chapter. Making a googledoc and having certain times people come to record their part is helpful to make sure every senior has a clip about them.
Old 11-03-2012, 01:31 PM
GreekChat Member

We have each sister's pledge family (or someone else who volunteers) decorate a shoebox for each senior, and then bring them to senior sendoff. Members of the chapter then bring letters they wrote to as many departing seniors they want and put them in the shoebox during the first hour or so as everyone mingles. Then we do a formal send-off for each senior where they put a photo of the senior on the screen and have people call out words or funny thoughts to them as whoever made their shoebox presents them with it and all the letters of love people have left for them.

for hope, for strength, for life
Old 11-03-2012, 02:19 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm not sure the size of your chapter so this may or may not be feasible. We were also on a quarter system so it may need to change based on your school timeline.
What we did:
At the beginning of the term one or two seniors had their littles read a letter during chapter about their big. Some were funny but most were pretty heartfelt.

SAW week (senior appreciation)
Seniors choose the theme for chapter: all black, wacky costumes etc
Tuesday was Senior freshman day (there was also a junior sophomore event)
Wednesday was Senior Sophomore day (junior frosh event)
Thursday was junior senior night. My campus is also dry so this was held at a liveout and had a drinking theme. One year was the game of life so at the beginning we started with beers for college and a fake diploma. Eventually we worked our way through the game of life. The best part was at the "marriage" portion the seniors got ringpops while the juniors got huge sparkly bows on elastic to be a bow tie. Those still show up every so often.

Saturday starts with wills which is when we pass everything down from letters to awards to titles (heads of family, Barbie and Skipper, etc). We have a senior surprise after this which my year was a trip to the spa.

Sunday was the last day with senior ceremony where the seniors are given a gift (typically jewelry) and read letters to the chapter. They are also given baskets by their families/littles as a goodbye which is when we are given paddles.

It's a lot, but it is always pretty fun!

"Sisterhood is not about being popular, its about developing character, forming bonds, and self-discovery. If after four years you can hold you head high, then absolutely your sorority is "tops"." - H2oot
Old 08-03-2013, 04:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to chiojes
We had a senior "roast" where your friends or littles would basically roast you...nothing too cruel, mostly inside jokes. We would also make powerpoints with funny pictures
Old 08-03-2013, 08:41 PM
GreekChat Member

We had our seniors hand down gifts (as mentioned above) but there were certain items that were handed down, awards-style, that ranged from cute to funny to down right gross. It was a chapter tradition that was built over years and years. The grossest gift was an item that probably dated from the early 70's, or maybe even earlier. It was a badge of dubious honor, but loads of laughs for the rest of us!