GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Sigma Theta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,346
1 members and 1,345 guests
John

Old 05-07-2011, 04:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile Ask Not what DST can do for you, but what can YOU do for DST ?????

As I was reading through the threads, it came to my attention that no one really said what THEY could do for Delta. Some went on and on about why they chose DST , yet no one really said why DST chose them, or what they can offer to DST.

I feel as if a member of the Illustrious organization approached me and asked me what can I offer, we'd be talking ALL day ! lol
So I will go ahead and say "What I can do for DELTA"!

(Why DST )~I can(Hopefully) and will seek to be a great asset to Delta. When asked why DST, many will say "volunteer work". That is one MAJOR part of Delta, yet it's not the only thing Delta stands for. So I will simply say , for me, I chose Delta for a numerous amount of reasons. But if I could sum it up (which would be hard to do in just one word), I would say "Growth and Maturity". I cannot say that I have Deltas in my family, nor can I say I want to be like a Delta. Deltas do not emulate or want to be like anyone. So therefore I have to start from scratch when it comes to wanting to join this Illustrious organization. I am currently a sophomore in college and I attend Delta functions/events as much as possible(even in freezing weather lol). There was an intake this past month and I found myself debating the topic of whether to particpate in the MIP. I came to the conclusion that I am not ready. I am not a fit candidate for DST at this moment. I want to be a scholar when I attempt to cross the sands into DeltaLand. The 22 founders of Delta were scholars ! I am at a pretty stable position in my college career, yet I feel as if there is more to offer. I am working diligently to exceed the expectations of DST. I don't want to be a mediocre candidate, I want to a dynamic candidate. Delta does not need mediorce women, so therefore, my journey to become apart of DST has not ended, but has merely begun.

(What Can I do for DST) I am and continue to be an intelligent, diligent, persistent woman. I think that I can be a dynamic asset to Delta(when the times comes). I will work hard to keep the fire burning on the paths that the founders have blazed and continue to be a leader who follows directions. I am not and will not be a follower , however I am a leader who can make my own decisions and listen and take(follow) directions from other great leaders before me. I love to give back to my community, especially the black community. I am an advocate for the develop of our political and health issues around us, & DST makes it known that they are concerned with these issues as well. My light is lit bright with confidence and determination to become a member of DST. I have shown my maturity by waiting for MY time to be invited in. I have not and will not rush it. I am pleased with the decision that I have made to sit this MIP out and wait for the next, where I will be ready and willing to do all the things the founders have set out for me to do. Work hard knowing the need for educational & economic development, service mankind by getting people involved with the political and international issues around us, carry out the 5 point thrust, providing education, assistance, support throughout our communities, & being an advocate for physical & mental health development. So what can I offer DST? Growth and Maturity, continence of the 5 point programmatic thrust, and using these goals to make new paths for the development of our future .
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-07-2011, 04:37 PM
Banned

QFP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc1211 View Post
As I was reading through the threads, it came to my attention that no one really said what THEY could do for Delta. Some went on and on about why they chose DST , yet no one really said why DST chose them, or what they can offer to DST.

I feel as if a member of the Illustrious organization approached me and asked me what can I offer, we'd be talking ALL day ! lol

(Why DST )~I can(Hopefully) and will seek to be a great asset to Delta. When asked why DST, many will say "volunteer work". That is one MAJOR part of Delta, yet it's not the only thing Delta stands for. So I will simply say , for me, I chose Delta for a numerous amount of reasons. But if I could sum it up (which would be hard to do in just one word), I would say "Growth and Maturity". I cannot say that I have Deltas in my family, nor can I say I want to be like a Delta. Deltas do not emulate or want to be like anyone. So therefore I have to start from scratch when it comes to wanting to join this Illustrious organization. I am currently a sophomore in college and I attend Delta functions/events as much as possible(even in freezing weather lol). There was an intake this past month and I found myself debating the topic of whether to particpate in the MIP. I came to the conclusion that I am not ready. I am not a fit candidate for DST at this moment. I want to be a scholar when I attempt to cross the sands into DeltaLand. The 22 founders of Delta were scholars ! I am at a pretty stable position in my college career, yet I feel as if there is more to offer. I am working diligently to exceed the expectations of DST. I don't want to be a mediocre candidate, I want to a dynamic candidate. Delta does not need mediorce women, so therefore, my journey to become apart of DST has not ended, but has merely begun.

(What Can I do for DST) I am and continue to be an intelligent, diligent, persistent woman. I think that I can be a dynamic asset to Delta(when the times comes). I will work hard to keep the fire burning on the paths that the founders have blazed and continue to be a leader who follows directions. I am not and will not be a follower , however I am a leader who can make my own decisions and listen and take(follow) directions from other great leaders before me. I love to give back to my community, especially the black community. I am an advocate for the develop of our political and health issues around us, & DST makes it known that they are concerned with these issues as well. My light is lit bright with confidence and determination to become a member of DST. I have shown my maturity by waiting for MY time to be invited in. I have not and will not rush it. I am pleased with the decision that I have made to sit this MIP out and wait for the next, where I will be ready and willing to do all the things the founders have set out for me to do. Work hard knowing the need for educational & economic development, service mankind by getting people involved with the political and international issues around us, carry out the 5 point thrust, providing education, assistance, support throughout our communities, & being an advocate for physical & mental health development. So what can I offer DST? Growth and Maturity, continence of the 5 point programmatic thrust, and using these goals to make new paths for the development of our future .
Old 05-07-2011, 07:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

When I was asked what I could provide to Alpha Phi Alpha, I had to give a tangible response based on my skills and experience, not my personality.

They also did not ask me to provide this information to GreekChat.

Your mileage may vary.
Old 05-07-2011, 08:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senusret I View Post
When I was asked what I could provide to Alpha Phi Alpha, I had to give a tangible response based on my skills and experience, not my personality.

Your mileage may vary.
It would be amusing if GLOs started requesting posts to GC as part of whatever membership process they have. I'd lol.
Old 05-07-2011, 08:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to preciousjeni
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drolefille View Post
It would be amusing if GLOs started requesting posts to GC as part of whatever membership process they have. I'd lol.
Oh wait. They don't???

Talented, tested, tenacious, and true...
A woman of diversity through and through.
Old 05-07-2011, 08:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by preciousjeni View Post
Oh wait. They don't???
I couldn't talk about it if we did.
Old 05-07-2011, 08:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drolefille View Post
I couldn't talk about it if we did.
*like* solely on the .gif
Old 05-07-2011, 11:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

Old 05-08-2011, 01:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senusret I View Post

Your mileage may vary.
No disrespect intended . But I am not only stating my personality ,I am stating my skills As well. I am a hard worker, I'm an advocate for health issues, I volunteer . Those are my skills . As far as experience, I state that I have not had an encounter with a member of this particular organization so i cannot tell about a specific experience there . Although, do state that I volunteer , i create awareness of health issues within my community and on my campus . I say way more than my personality characteristics
Old 05-08-2011, 02:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Who you calling "boy"? The name's Hand Banana . . .
I'm obv way out of my lane, but ... "dynamic" seems to mean something other than what people on the internet want it to mean. DYNAMISM: THE NEW SYNERGY
Old 05-08-2011, 02:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSig RC View Post
I'm obv way out of my lane, but ... "dynamic" seems to mean something other than what people on the internet want it to mean. DYNAMISM: THE NEW SYNERGY
"DYNAMIC", meaning- progress...continuous change
Old 05-08-2011, 02:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Wow. The OP took a long time to say a whole lot of nothin'. But she did state she is apart of the continence of DST. Impressive for a nonmember! And much better than incontinence! But maybe that depends...teehee
Old 05-08-2011, 06:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xidelt View Post
Wow. The OP took a long time to say a whole lot of nothin'. But she did state she is apart of the continence of DST. Impressive for a nonmember! And much better than incontinence! But maybe that depends...teehee
Nothing impressive about a nonmember being apart of the organization. In fact, it's pretty much how it works.
Old 05-10-2011, 05:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
As I was reading through the threads, it came to my attention that no one really said what THEY could do for Delta. Blah, Blah, Blah, Belch! Gurgle! Sputter! Cough! Hack! Wheeze! and Pppheeewww! Got through a whole lotta bullshit to impress! So what can I offer DST? Growth and Maturity, continence of the 5 point programmatic thrust, and using these goals to make new paths for the development of our future .
This is just so SAD!! It's like watching a bad movie...it's so bad you have to see it to the end.
It just seems that this thing is trying to impress because WWWHHHHHAAAA, she can't get in! Boo hoo hoo! Me thinks someone needs to get some growth and maturity before thinking of doing what she hopes will impress.
Old 05-11-2011, 03:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

The bottom line is this is NOT the place for this.
Reaffirmed: Glen Ellyn Area Alumnae
All in the MIGHTY MIDWEST REGION!