GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,446
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, ageldarkz5086
» Online Users: 2,118
0 members and 2,118 guests
No Members online

Old 08-19-2015, 07:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceciliaky View Post
my rec girl had significant cuts today, including from both her legacy houses.

what time do they get invites for tomorrow ... or heaven forbid, a call about being released? don't want to bother mom while she's mom-ing.
Sorry to hear that...it always breaks my heart to hear this. Hopefully she sticks with it and finds her home at the end of this.

Not sure what time bids are going out tomorrow. I hope things work out for her.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-19-2015, 09:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKMOM14 View Post
Sorry to hear that...it always breaks my heart to hear this. Hopefully she sticks with it and finds her home at the end of this.

Not sure what time bids are going out tomorrow. I hope things work out for her.
thanks! I do, too. But it just takes one. That's what I keep telling her. she's also aware of the A Chi O colonization, if she wants to go that route.
Old 08-20-2015, 09:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Just talked to my DD and she said the houses get their pref lists at noon so I would assume that the recruitment girls will get their lists sometime this morning.

I didn't realize this but they can only pref a max of 2 houses this year. That is new!

She has said there are a ton of great girls this year so I am sure all the houses are really struggling with lists.

Good luck to all the girls going through pref. Keep us posted!
Old 08-20-2015, 12:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Just talked to my DD and she said the houses get their pref lists at noon so I would assume that the recruitment girls will get their lists sometime this morning.

I didn't realize this but they can only pref a max of 2 houses this year. That is new!

She has said there are a ton of great girls this year so I am sure all the houses are really struggling with lists.

Good luck to all the girls going through pref. Keep us posted!
then I'm going to take that as no news is good news for my rec girl ... I just talked to mom & she hadn't heard anything this AM. I would think, at this point, that if she was dropped that she would've heard by now. (at least I hope that's the case)

even better will be if she has 2 parties.

fingers crossed.
Old 08-20-2015, 12:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
then I'm going to take that as no news is good news for my rec girl ... I just talked to mom & she hadn't heard anything this AM. I would think, at this point, that if she was dropped that she would've heard by now. (at least I hope that's the case)

even better will be if she has 2 parties.

fingers crossed.
Yes, I would agree. I know when my daughter went through 3 years ago if they hadn't heard anything by 7 or 8 AM they were good. That goes for bid day as well.

Fingers crossed!!!
Old 08-20-2015, 02:03 PM
GreekChat Member

2 for 2! thank goodness! no idea if she likes them both, not at all, or whatever ... but to have 2 parties today just like everyone else is awesome.

one more day. I may be more nervous than the mom at this point. probably not, but still ... LOLOLOL
Old 08-20-2015, 02:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
2 for 2! thank goodness! no idea if she likes them both, not at all, or whatever ... but to have 2 parties today just like everyone else is awesome.

one more day. I may be more nervous than the mom at this point. probably not, but still ... LOLOLOL

YAY!!!!! So happy that she has 2 houses to go to today! Hopefully she goes to both with an open mind and is one happy NM tomorrow! Please keep us posted!

Hopefully you will hear from your other 2 rec's as well.
Old 08-20-2015, 04:09 PM
GreekChat Member

daughter going back to her two top choices for pref tonight! are we allowed to say which here?. she is so excited. one is a legacy house!
Old 08-20-2015, 04:24 PM
GreekChat Member

So excited for these girls.
Old 08-20-2015, 04:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
YAY!!!!! So happy that she has 2 houses to go to today! Hopefully she goes to both with an open mind and is one happy NM tomorrow! Please keep us posted!

Hopefully you will hear from your other 2 rec's as well.
I'm not as emotionally attached to the other two, but will update if I hear anything.

One of them I may never know -- she's the niece of a friend. I did the rec as a zero-hour favor. She looked impressive on paper & had a great picture ... so, if she was as prepared in person as she is on paper, then I'd say she did well.

The other is a legacy with sights only on her legacy house, but knew she needed recs for everyone else, too.

I hope it goes well for my girl tonight. Thanks for the support!
Old 08-20-2015, 07:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingo2 View Post
daughter going back to her two top choices for pref tonight! are we allowed to say which here?. she is so excited. one is a legacy house!
That's great!!!!! Happy to hear she is going back to her top 2. I hope she has another great round today.

I would probably wait and you can tell us tomorrow where she pref'd and ended up at.

I know it's hard but houses haven't voted yet.

I'm dying to see pics of my daughter and her pledge class with their senior pics which they can't post until tomorrow. LOL.

Good luck and make sure to let us know tomorrow.
Old 08-20-2015, 08:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
That's great!!!!! Happy to hear she is going back to her top 2. I hope she has another great round today.

I would probably wait and you can tell us tomorrow where she pref'd and ended up at.

I know it's hard but houses haven't voted yet.

I'm dying to see pics of my daughter and her pledge class with their senior pics which they can't post until tomorrow. LOL.

Good luck and make sure to let us know tomorrow.
thank you! and, as soon as i posted the question about sharing her pref houses i knew that nerves had made me lose the rational part of my mind

good luck to all of the other uk moms/rec writers tonight! we are heading to lexington tomorrow for bid day. not sure if this is tradition at uk, just doing the alabama thing !
Old 08-20-2015, 10:34 PM
GreekChat Member

got the scoop on rec girl #2 Has TWO great options.

an interesting side note: rec girls #1 & 2 were legacies to the same house. both girls were cut from that house. (no connection between the girls -- from totally different parts of the state)

can't wait until tomorrow to hear how it goes!
Old 08-21-2015, 11:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Good luck to all the PNM's today and their mama's!!!!

I can't believe this will be my DD last year at UK and as an active with Pi Beta Phi! The senior angel wing pictures choked me up this morning for sure.

Can't wait to hear where all the girls end up later this afternoon!
Old 08-21-2015, 02:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Ok ... I have an AOPi, a Theta, and ... unknown. LOL
#WeAreUK

edited to add ... rec girl #3 is a new Kappa!

Last edited by ceciliaky; 08-21-2015 at 04:17 PM.