GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,445
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Avalanchejqr
» Online Users: 2,622
0 members and 2,622 guests
No Members online

Old 08-12-2012, 11:05 AM
GreekChat Member

would it be wrong to make a recruitment survival kit for the moms that included, aspirin/excedrin, a stress ball, valium (just kidding), wine, comfortable shoes for pacing the halls at home, kleenex, chocolate (or your favorite comfort/stress food)
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-12-2012, 11:29 AM
Super Moderator

Boy, moms need a stress relief kit!
Old 08-13-2012, 04:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Actives too!!
Old 08-13-2012, 09:20 AM
GreekChat Member

yes to the moms and the actives needing stress relief!
Old 06-26-2013, 04:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AUAZD2001 Send a message via Yahoo to AUAZD2001
Since we are coming up on yet another recruitment season I thought I would bring this thread back up to the top. Also I wanted to add one more thing to the list of necessities for surviving a week of Rush in the summer. It's the O2 Cool ArtiCloth Cooling Towel. It uses evaporation keep you feeling cool. You can get one at Walgreens for under $10, and it really works.

Old 06-26-2013, 01:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUAZD2001 View Post
Since we are coming up on yet another recruitment season I thought I would bring this thread back up to the top. Also I wanted to add one more thing to the list of necessities for surviving a week of Rush in the summer. It's the O2 Cool ArtiCloth Cooling Towel. It uses evaporation keep you feeling cool. You can get one at Walgreens for under $10, and it really works.

Just picked this up for my daughter and it is amazing! It does work and feels cool to the touch. I'm still looking for a small hand held fan to keep the air moving even if it is hot. The other item I looked at yesterday was Urban Decay's All Night Long product mentioned in another thread. It is around $20. I think we will be purchasing that too.
Old 06-29-2013, 10:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNAuburnMom View Post
My daughter is headed to prefs today. I packed a cute Vera Bradley messenger bag (love the Vera Bradley outlet in Nashville) with everything. She said she loved the messenger bag because it closes so nothing falls out. She can also use it instead of a backpack on days she only has a couple of classes. My daughter has been sharing her supplies with other girls. She has been passing out band-aids to those with blisters. She did not get blisters because I packed the band-aid blister block thing you all suggested. The one thing I wish I would have packed was Tums, Pepto-Bismal or other stomach settling medicine. Fortunately, when my daughter needed it, her Pi Chi found her some.
/mini-hijack

OMG there is a Vera Bradley outlet at Opry Mills! This seriously just made my day as my mom and I are going to Opry Mills sometime next week to check out the new H&M store. I shall be dragging her to the Vera Bradley store!

/end mini-hijack

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 06-29-2013, 11:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AXOrushadvisor View Post
Just picked this up for my daughter and it is amazing! It does work and feels cool to the touch. I'm still looking for a small hand held fan to keep the air moving even if it is hot. The other item I looked at yesterday was Urban Decay's All Night Long product mentioned in another thread. It is around $20. I think we will be purchasing that too.
If you're looking for Urban Decay's All-Nighter Spray, they just changed their packaging and are trying to unload the old style bottles on clearance. You can get a travel size for just $6.00! http://www.urbandecay.com/travel-siz...le&prefv1=true
Old 06-29-2013, 12:42 PM
GreekChat Member

What about xanax (or a bottle of wine) for the stressed-out moms?
Old 06-29-2013, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adpiucf View Post
What about xanax (or a bottle of wine) for the stressed-out moms?
Depending on how competitive the daughter's recruitment is, and how anxious mom is about her daughter having a successful recruitment, mom might need one bottle of wine per night! LOL
Old 07-19-2013, 08:25 PM
GreekChat Member

I also posted this in another thread, but thought it might be helpful in this one, too:
This is what my daughter carried in a small tote during recruitment last year at Alabama

http://www.flickr.com/photos/99112471@N02/9323537608/

Last edited by CarolinaCarnati; 07-19-2013 at 08:27 PM. Reason: corrected URL
Old 07-20-2013, 10:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCarnati View Post
I also posted this in another thread, but thought it might be helpful in this one, too:
This is what my daughter carried in a small tote during recruitment last year at Alabama

http://www.flickr.com/photos/99112471@N02/9323537608/

Thank you. You had some stuff that I didn't think about like the imodium. Now THAT problem would be a bummer to have but you never know what might happen in the heat!

Did your daughter use the evian spray? We just picked up a small bottle of body spray from VS. Just in case she thinks she is starting to smell funky.
Old 07-22-2013, 12:48 AM
GreekChat Member

She did use the spray! It was a very popular item that she shared with the girls in her group! She is at Alabama, so it was SUPER hot during recruitment. The water comes out in a nice mist, and then they would use the little hand held fan to cool themselves off!
Old 07-22-2013, 01:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Those spray Evian things are great. You can spray liberally and it will evaporate right away WITHOUT leaving you stinky and overly scented, a big no-no during rush. It's also fine enough that you can spray on your face without destroying your makeup. I'm not loyal to brand so if there's a cheaper aerosol water product, I'd go for it.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:19 AM
GreekChat Member

I've never seen aerosol water. Where do you buy it?