GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,452
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, saphqueen
» Online Users: 2,014
0 members and 2,014 guests
No Members online

Old 09-20-2012, 09:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Think of rerushing for spring?

I rushed this fall as a freshman at my university. The rush process ended yesterday and I was not given a bid. I rushed 3 different fraternities, but ended up only really trying for just Beta Theta Pi (as they better fit myself more).

The Beta rush chair told me that I will not be given a bid this fall. He told me that the main reason that I was not given a bid is that the bid committee just thought that I did not talk to enough of the brothers & that I came in a little late.

I cam in pretty late, and wound up only going to 3 rush events. The beta rush chair said that my best chance during rush to get a bid was to talk to those in the bid commitee, as they are the one who nominate people for bids. But as I don't know who is in the committee, I wound up really chatting to 3 of the brothers during events before rush was over.

I am thinking about rerushing in the spring. Should I just do that, or should I wait for next fall?

What's normally a difference between fall and spring rush?

Also, if I do decide to rush again in the spring...should I try to go to the Beta house in the fall and socialize with them? I know they are having pledge process from next week until Thanksgiving break, with initiation during the break.

Lastly, if I do rerush in the spring again...would it help for me to continue to go to the chapter house and hang out with them in the fall? I just don't want to be the odd man out, if I go visit the fraternity and have them look at me weird. Do people without a fall bid normally still go and hang with the fraternity at their house (and events)?

Last edited by TracyJackson; 09-20-2012 at 09:26 AM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )