GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Fraternity Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fraternity Recruitment Recruitment event ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,501
1 members and 2,500 guests
ajehnztsa1361

Old 06-19-2008, 01:39 PM
GreekChat Member

rush sponsorship

i read somewhere that a house got themselves sponsored by a beer company. my house is off campus so we have no IFC regulations, but how would one go about setting this up? is this really possible? would a company like Natty really be willing to sponsor a rush??
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-19-2008, 01:41 PM

Even if you have no IFC regulations, your HQ might not allow it. I would check the rules with them first.
Old 06-19-2008, 01:45 PM
GreekChat Member

how about w just a regular company, like a pizzeria.. how would one go about setting that up? i can offer them putting their name all over our fliers and around our house, but what else? how much should i ask for? any help is much appreciated
Old 06-19-2008, 01:52 PM
GreekChat Member

I've never heard about rush being sponsored (do you mean a rush party/event or an entire rush week?), but my organization has gotten sponsors for our service events. Basically, you'd ask them to donate in exchange for getting their name out (could be on a banner, a flier, a program, etc). As far as price, it would depend on what you're giving them. If you have a program, for example, you could charge, say, $200 for a full page ad. Just make your prices reasonable. I haven't seen too many companies donate to non-philanthropic causes, so I'm not sure how this would work in your case.

Last edited by knight_shadow; 06-19-2008 at 01:59 PM.
Old 06-19-2008, 01:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEPi4Life View Post
how about w just a regular company, like a pizzeria.. how would one go about setting that up? i can offer them putting their name all over our fliers and around our house, but what else? how much should i ask for? any help is much appreciated
Some chapters at UW (Washington) have sponsorships with energy drink companies. There was an article in the school newspaper here that may help give you some direction.
Old 06-19-2008, 03:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Rush at some schools is partly sponsored by pizza companies. In exchange for putting their name and logo at the bottom of your banner they (generally) pay for the banner and provide pizza as the snack one night of rush.
Old 06-19-2008, 04:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackerBarrel View Post
Rush at some schools is partly sponsored by pizza companies. In exchange for putting their name and logo at the bottom of your banner they (generally) pay for the banner and provide pizza as the snack one night of rush.
Really? Where is this common in the South?

Sometimes liqour stores will provide us with signs and a bunch of random shit, but not booze.
Overall, though, it's the bigness of the car that counts the most. Because when something bad happens in a really big car – accidentally speeding through the middle of a gang of unruly young people who have been taunting you in a drive-in restaurant, for instance – it happens very far away – way out at the end of your fenders. It's like a civil war in Africa; you know, it doesn't really concern you too much. - P.J. O'Rourke
Old 06-19-2008, 05:37 PM
GreekChat Member

AEPi4Life, you and I both know we can't have a sponsorship with a liquor company.

With regard to food sponsorship, just go/call the place and ask to speak to the manager. Tell him that you'd like to work out some sort of sponsorship deal. Maybe it's free food for an event in exchange for putting his logo on your rush shirts, or maybe brothers poster ads for the place in exchange for a discount for wearing their letters. I can't tell you what to ask for, it all depends on the situation.
Old 06-19-2008, 06:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Don't do it, it would look really cheap to have logos all over your rush. Having a sponsored party would be acceptable though IMO.
Old 06-20-2008, 03:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elephant Walk View Post
Really? Where is this common in the South?

Sometimes liqour stores will provide us with signs and a bunch of random shit, but not booze.
I visited Florida during the week before rush one year and every house had a Domino's (I think, it may have been Hungry Howie's) logo at the bottom of their rush banner. I asked why and that was the explanation I got.
Old 06-20-2008, 04:28 PM
GreekChat Member

I wish that our rush was sponsered. That would have made things so much easier. Thankfully/luckily we had a couple of brothers that worked at a restaurant and got us some discounts on platters. I think we got one for free and two for half price in exchange for passing out menus in the packets on move in day or something like that. It was years ago.
Old 06-20-2008, 04:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackerBarrel View Post
I visited Florida during the week before rush one year and every house had a Domino's (I think, it may have been Hungry Howie's) logo at the bottom of their rush banner. I asked why and that was the explanation I got.
For Pizza?

I mean, pizza's cheap you know. Alot of houses here serve sushi and steak for rushees. (Rush is structured differently)
Overall, though, it's the bigness of the car that counts the most. Because when something bad happens in a really big car – accidentally speeding through the middle of a gang of unruly young people who have been taunting you in a drive-in restaurant, for instance – it happens very far away – way out at the end of your fenders. It's like a civil war in Africa; you know, it doesn't really concern you too much. - P.J. O'Rourke
Old 06-20-2008, 07:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elephant Walk View Post
For Pizza?

I mean, pizza's cheap you know. Alot of houses here serve sushi and steak for rushees. (Rush is structured differently)
They did have a lot better food for dinner, they just had some sort of food ordered in as snacks during their mixers (Outback, pizza, etc.)

We don't do the sponsorship thing here either, but it was every single house at UF, so I don't know if their IFC negotiated it or what.
Old 06-21-2008, 12:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to nate2512
One of our alum owns a pizza place, we have pizza all the damn time.

Old 07-26-2008, 12:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Indiana State Pikes are sponsored by Monster energy drink. We get about twenty cases a month (600 cans). It goes over very well for Rush and social events. Everyone is pretty jumpy and hopped up on Monster and it keeps everyone alive and well.