GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,627
3 members and 1,624 guests
g41965, PGD-GRAD, Sister Havana

Old 01-28-2008, 10:55 PM
GreekChat Member

WHOOOA.... spill the beans now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-29-2008, 12:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to xoheatherxo
come back and update for us!!!!
Old 01-29-2008, 12:49 AM
GreekChat Member

OMG I think your readers just died a little inside!
Old 01-29-2008, 12:53 AM
GreekChat Member

okay okay okay..i decided to organize my room and do a little stats homework before i told you that:

I am attending Prefs with Emerald on Wednesday at 7:30 pm.

the Emerald who delivered it was really cute and all dressed up from chapter and she had to actually come to my neighbors door because i was in their room watching the state of the union, i'm pretttttty pumped!

(c'mon..my story doesn't have cool twists and turns (that have come about yet, anyways) so i had to do something !)
Old 01-29-2008, 12:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Yay! Good luck and have a good time!
Old 01-29-2008, 09:52 AM
GreekChat Member

how exciting!! good luck with Emerald!
Old 01-29-2008, 12:15 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm excited for you! I can't wait to hear how things go. Keep having a great time!

Be a Volunteer!
Old 01-29-2008, 04:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Good luck! I've been following your posts and you have me hooked!

Remember to follow your heart and there will be no wrong decision.
Old 01-29-2008, 04:32 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm super excited if I do get a bid from either one, as I know there are MANY GCers from Emerald and even a few Princess'...................and i think some of you will be quite excited to hear where I am, as I don't think many people would even let this school cross their mind!

i'll update on Wednesday and let you guys know how prefs went.
Old 01-29-2008, 11:06 PM
GreekChat Member

I need advice.
Like, serious advice.
I have Prefs tomorrow with Emerald.
However, Princess just called me and invited me to a casual event tomorrow as well.
The times don't overlap or anything (thank god) but I am very nervous.

I'm stuck between both of them. I know that I shouldn't be thinking that I'm going to get a bid from both, but it constantly seems as though that is going to be what happens, and if it does....I don't know what to do. I love Princess. I do. They're fun, and very close to one another. They have a good attitude, and sometimes I don't think I could fit in there but at the same time, I don't know many of the girls well, but the ones that I have gotten a connection with, I love. love. love.

However..I have to say that Emerald has done a great, great, great job at reaching out to the PNMs. They pick us up, make sure our transition into the house is welcoming (basically, they go in with us so we aren't standing alone) and are always nice. However, they don't seem to do much socially around campus and there are some girls that make me question all of it because they seem...I don't know. I do like some of the girls here, but I don't know if they're right for me. And they are SIGNIFICANTLY more expensive. I know you guys said that theres probably payment plans and such, but in the long run its a few thousand dollars more than Princess.

I tried to figure it out by imagining what house i could see myself walking up to and being like "yeah! i love princess/emerald, and my sisters!" and just hanging out at, but it was impossible. both seemed perfect.

Tomorrow is the last day. Thursday is bid day. I don't know whats coming but if the secretary says I have two bids, I don't know what I'll do. I know I know I know you guys say not to assume things like that, but the way its going, I can't see myself getting cut. If Princess didn't like me, they wouldn't have invited me to four different events, especially because most of their PNMs were invited via someone they knew in Princess. If Emerald didn't like me, they wouldn't have invited me to Prefs.

Last edited by ausguals; 01-29-2008 at 11:09 PM.
Old 01-29-2008, 11:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Assuming you do receive two invitations, what a nice spot to be in, even if it's tough. The only thing I really see that differentiates them is that Emerald is really trying to make the PNMs feel wanted. Think about a year from now when the newness has gone away. Do you like the sisters or do you like feeling wanted?

If it's truly even, look at the national sorority. Whose motto, philanthropy, etc. do you feel most connected to? What opportunities does that sorority offer (internships, alumnae network, etc.)?

Have fun at prefs - for many people, the choice becomes clear during this round. Good luck!
Old 01-29-2008, 11:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Well, I wasn't Greek so I may not be the best person to give advice, but I say don't worry too much yet - you still have two parties to go. If you are still completely torn after that, I think you have a win-win, so pick one and don't look back. But read back over your own thread first and you may see the answer for yourself. It sounds like things are going wonderfully for you and I can't wait to see where you end up!
Old 01-30-2008, 12:36 AM

I offered this advice in another thread about choosing between 2 groups, maybe it will help you if you end up having to choose:

Think about being dumped by your boyfriend of 3 years at dinner one night. You sob uncontrollably as you get into your car and drive to the sorority house with your make up running down your face. When you knock on the door, which girls would you want to answer it?

Just something to think about:

In 10 years, you won't remember how many socials your sorority had vs. other sororities on campus. You'll remember the people.

Lakers Nation.

Last edited by KSUViolet06; 01-30-2008 at 02:22 AM.
Old 01-30-2008, 02:22 AM
GreekChat Member

One thing I wish I had done when I went through rush is look how the active sisters treat each other. Will you find a niche for yourself in [insert chapter here] that will last well after you're through with rush and pledgeship?

Go with the one that feels the best for you. Nobody but you can really make that decision, IMHO.
Old 01-30-2008, 07:58 AM
Super Moderator

since this is informal, you can take some time to think about accepting or declining a bid- you do not need to give an immediate answer(or atleast that is how it works on most campuses). if you want to attend princess pref. party(providing you are invited-and it seems that that is a good possiblity) and emerald offers you a bid, you need only say,"may i have some time to think about this". attend the other pref. party and see if the decision you need to make seems easier.

Last edited by FSUZeta; 01-30-2008 at 01:21 PM.