GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,446
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, ageldarkz5086
» Online Users: 1,632
0 members and 1,632 guests
No Members online

Old 06-09-2021, 01:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Post White women in historically black sororities

Kindly if you are not black, please do not respond, I want to hear from members of Alpha Kappa Alpha, Delta Sigma Theta, Zeta Phi Beta, and/or Sigma Gamma Rho. No disrespect to nonblack ladies or nonblack members of these organizations. But this is a topic that has been trending on all social media platforms for the last year. Even before then, but heavily now, ever sense DST went viral for crossing a white soror. For reference, here is a link:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...00002060213962

I am not trying to cause controversy with this post, I am genuinely interested in what you all have to say. My question to you all is, is the lady in the post accurate in her feelings about white people infiltrating black safe spaces? Also, why does it seem as if a lot of black Greeks are attacking her for her stance? Is it a correct assumption to say that when D9 organizations were founded, the founders put their race before their letters? They were pioneers of the original civil rights movement after all. If so, why do D9 members of today seemingly put letters before race in these situations? D9 members quickly say that people who are GDIs that speak in the manner of the girl in this video are just jealous they didn't get in, but what about the black member of Omega Psi Phi that wore the "Make D9 Black Again" shirt? Was he wrong? We do live in different times now where diversity and inclusion is deemed necessary, which I'm sure has everything to do with the surge of nonblack members into historically black organizations and colleges. Do you ever feel as if white people who seek membership into your organization have ulterior motives? How are the organizations insuring the safety of sacred black ground? You can see the black girl explain that in a seperate video, the white soror of DST gloats about getting her spot in the sorority over a black girl. This is not to say the white soror is not qualified to be in the sorority, but isn't her comment counterintuitive to race relations? Also, what do you all make of the comments made about her only doing grassroots work in suburban, white areas to make them safer as opposed to impoverished areas where most of the demographic makeup is black people? Do you all think some white people only join your organizations to prove they aren't racist?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-09-2021, 06:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interest2020 View Post
Kindly if you are not black, please do not respond, I want to hear from members of Alpha Kappa Alpha, Delta Sigma Theta, Zeta Phi Beta, and/or Sigma Gamma Rho. No disrespect to nonblack ladies or nonblack members of these organizations. But this is a topic that has been trending on all social media platforms for the last year. Even before then, but heavily now, ever sense DST went viral for crossing a white soror. For reference, here is a link:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...00002060213962

I am not trying to cause controversy with this post, I am genuinely interested in what you all have to say. My question to you all is, is the lady in the post accurate in her feelings about white people infiltrating black safe spaces? Also, why does it seem as if a lot of black Greeks are attacking her for her stance? Is it a correct assumption to say that when D9 organizations were founded, the founders put their race before their letters? They were pioneers of the original civil rights movement after all. If so, why do D9 members of today seemingly put letters before race in these situations? D9 members quickly say that people who are GDIs that speak in the manner of the girl in this video are just jealous they didn't get in, but what about the black member of Omega Psi Phi that wore the "Make D9 Black Again" shirt? Was he wrong? We do live in different times now where diversity and inclusion is deemed necessary, which I'm sure has everything to do with the surge of nonblack members into historically black organizations and colleges. Do you ever feel as if white people who seek membership into your organization have ulterior motives? How are the organizations insuring the safety of sacred black ground? You can see the black girl explain that in a seperate video, the white soror of DST gloats about getting her spot in the sorority over a black girl. This is not to say the white soror is not qualified to be in the sorority, but isn't her comment counterintuitive to race relations? Also, what do you all make of the comments made about her only doing grassroots work in suburban, white areas to make them safer as opposed to impoverished areas where most of the demographic makeup is black people? Do you all think some white people only join your organizations to prove they aren't racist?
qfp