GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Delta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,296
0 members and 2,296 guests
No Members online

Old 02-04-2007, 10:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Even though it's not a founders badge, that's the most gorgeous KD pin that I've ever seen!!! You're lucky to have it, Annie!

Last edited by Leslie Anne; 02-04-2007 at 10:22 PM. Reason: punctuation
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-04-2007, 10:21 PM
GreekChat Member

New question

What Kappa Delta chapter was named in honor of an NIC fraternity for their help in establishing KD on campus?

KD was the first sorority on this campus and the installation was held in the fraternity's house. Extra points for naming the campus.

Old 02-06-2007, 03:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Ooh! Ooh! Isn't that the Kappa Alpha Chapter at Florida State? Because the Kappa Alpha Order there helped establish FSU's KD chapter?

--so totally telling her KA alum friend about that one right. this. second. as if I haven't already told that story a thousand times 'cause I think it's cool.

Hmmmm...my turn, and since I don't have a copy of Ordinary Miracles (...yet), here's also something a little less obscure: what do the Christmas Seals help fund every year?
Old 02-06-2007, 09:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stef the Pef View Post

Hmmmm...my turn, and since I don't have a copy of Ordinary Miracles (...yet), here's also something a little less obscure: what do the Christmas Seals help fund every year?
Since its inception the Christmas Seals have helped to fund Children's Hospital of Richmond, Virginia which was originally the Crippled Children's Hospital of Richmond Virginia.

This year one of the Christmas Seals was designed by Marsh Scott from Beta Theta (Penn State U). She is an active member of the Newport Harbor AA! We were really excited when we found out one of our members designed one of the seals.

In What Year was the first Orthopedic scholarship given and in what amount?

DaffyKD
Old 02-07-2007, 03:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to KDAngel Send a message via AIM to KDAngel
I think I learned this RANDOMLY for recruitment one year, but if I'm wrong I'm sorry! Was it $1,000 in 1950?

And someone else can ask the question b/c I don't have Ordinary Miracles and I don't know any cool obscure facts, but I do love learning them.
Alpha Rho Chapter at the University of Maryland, PR Adviser: www.umdkappadelta.org
*COUNTRY FIRST* Conservative. Republican. Proud.
Old 02-07-2007, 10:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Wow, good going with that quick answer! I had to look it up. I don't know nearly enough about our philanthropies.

New question:

What KD chapter was named in honor of a particular NIC fraternity bigwig. (I think he was their National President more than once.) Again, this was because of his assistance in establishing a KD chapter on a particular campus. Name the chapter, the "bigwig", and the fraternity.

Old 02-08-2007, 11:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey girls i'm new to GC. I'm looking up the most recent question i'm trying to get it. I'm thinking of a question too. Something i'm curious about what is the largest legacy chain.? anyone know.
Old 02-10-2007, 07:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to KDAngel Send a message via AIM to KDAngel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie Anne View Post
New question:

What KD chapter was named in honor of a particular NIC fraternity bigwig. (I think he was their National President more than once.) Again, this was because of his assistance in establishing a KD chapter on a particular campus. Name the chapter, the "bigwig", and the fraternity.
I've been looking all over for the answer, but I have NO idea!

I just learned the other day about the KA chapter being named because of Kappa Alpha Order. I had NO idea they even did stuff like that!
Alpha Rho Chapter at the University of Maryland, PR Adviser: www.umdkappadelta.org
*COUNTRY FIRST* Conservative. Republican. Proud.
Old 02-10-2007, 08:58 AM
GreekChat Member

All of the honorary naming happened in the early years of KD. I'm actually not sure exactly when we started going strictly alphabetical. Many early chapters took their designations from the locals that petitioned KD for a charter.

Earlier in this thread, Cheryl asked about KD's only chapter with a 3-letter name. This one is a good example. Rho Omega Phi chapter was named after the R.O.F. Society (a local at Judson). Similarly, Sigma Sigma chapter, Sigma Delta chapter, Phi Epsilon,...etc. were all named after the local sororities that KD absorbed.

So, I guess that's a clue for my trivia question. It's an early chapter. (and one that's still going strong!)

Last edited by Leslie Anne; 02-10-2007 at 09:54 AM. Reason: Clarity
Old 02-10-2007, 09:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedReno View Post
Hey girls i'm new to GC. I'm looking up the most recent question i'm trying to get it. I'm thinking of a question too. Something i'm curious about what is the largest legacy chain.? anyone know.
Welcome to GC! I'm glad you joined the thread.

You have a very interesting question for us. Personally, I have no idea. I'm guessing that's something only HQ would know. Anyone want to call them?

Old 02-15-2007, 08:28 AM
GreekChat Member

I know of one family legacy chain which is 4 members long with a possible 5th joining soon. Shirley Girardin joined at Michigan State, her mother became an Alumnae initiate, her daughter joined San Diego State and then transfered to UCLA, and another member of the family became a KD. Now there is another one who is about to go through recruitment.

Here is a question that is not in Ordinary Miracle, and not yet in the history of KD-- should be sometime. Back in 1992, the internet was not yet a widespread tool. The world wide web had not yet come into being. An announcement was placed in the Angelos telling us of a Kappa Delta bulletin board which had been started. 1) Who placed that notice, 2) on which service was the bulletin board started (hint-- AOL did not exist yet), 3) today there are 2 widespread offshoots of that original bulletin board started by a member of that group. What are those two offshoots?

DaffyKD
Old 02-15-2007, 09:34 AM
GreekChat Member

the reason I was asking is because i'm the 4th in a legacy chain. My grandma joined at bowling green. So did my mother but thye are not related. My mom came back home and joined the alumnea chapter and met my grandma who had a son just out of the army they got married and had my sister who was a KD at ohio state and then me who was initiated at bowling green like my mom and grandma and i transfered to wright state. So for my Dad every women in his life is a KD. and he never went greek and my grandfather was not greek and neither are my sister and i serious boyfriends none of them are greek its werid. if you have ever heard of Bev Reno she was a national officier for a while APP and others thats my mom.
Heather
Old 02-15-2007, 02:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaffyKD
1) Who placed that notice 2) on which service was the bulletin board started (hint-- AOL did not exist yet), 3) today there are 2 widespread offshoots of that original bulletin board started by a member of that group. What are those two offshoots?
Well, I don't have my Angelos going back that far, so this is just a guess. I bet Annie placed the notice. I have no idea about question #2. And, since I guessed Annie as the answer to #1, I'd have to say that the Yahoo! group is one of the two offshoots. Maybe the other one is the KD webring?
Old 02-15-2007, 02:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SydneyK View Post
Well, I don't have my Angelos going back that far, so this is just a guess. I bet Annie placed the notice. I have no idea about question #2. And, since I guessed Annie as the answer to #1, I'd have to say that the Yahoo! group is one of the two offshoots. Maybe the other one is the KD webring?
Sorry, Annie is NOT the answer to question #1 and no the second offshoot is not the webring.

Good try

DaffyKD
Old 02-15-2007, 07:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie Anne View Post
Wow, good going with that quick answer! I had to look it up. I don't know nearly enough about our philanthropies.

New question:

I can't think of the chapter or man's name, but I am pretty sure he was an SAE. (This is me trying to remember what I read in ordinary miracles). I think he helped us establish northern chapters.