GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,445
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Avalanchejqr
» Online Users: 1,852
4 members and 1,848 guests
John, Joobee, Sen's Revenge

Old 03-28-2013, 09:22 AM
GreekChat Member

for summer, mr. summer and Belle!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-30-2013, 05:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Prayers for you, Belle. And lots of love and light and hugs.

Slammed my thumb in a car door today. In a world of hurt and black and blue. Please pray the swelling goes down quickly and I don't lose the nail!
Old 03-30-2013, 06:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda6035 View Post
Found out that one of my sisters is in critical but stable condition right now. She graduated in December, recently got her first "big girl job" and broke her foot a few weeks ago. Some blood clots from her foot travelled up to both lungs. She flatlined in the ambulance last night, but they revived her. They've given her blood thinners to break up the clots. She's responsive to sound, but they aren't sure how long she was without oxygen and are expecting that she may have some neurological damage, if she ever fully wakes up.

This sister passed away yesterday. The first member of our chapter to enter Chapter Eternal *sigh*. My chapter will be 9 years old on Wednesday.

Honestly? As much as it sucks for us, so happy for her. I told my husband that if I were ever in a similar situation where I flatlined, etc, that means the big man upstairs is ready for me, and nobody better try to yank me back...
Old 04-01-2013, 11:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda6035 View Post
This sister passed away yesterday. The first member of our chapter to enter Chapter Eternal *sigh*. My chapter will be 9 years old on Wednesday.

Honestly? As much as it sucks for us, so happy for her. I told my husband that if I were ever in a similar situation where I flatlined, etc, that means the big man upstairs is ready for me, and nobody better try to yank me back...
So sorry for you and all of her family and friends, Amanda.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:50 AM
Super Moderator

((((((((((((Belle)))))))))))

My prayers are with you and your sister's loved ones, Amanda.
Old 04-01-2013, 04:20 PM
GreekChat Member

I guess it's time to put Hypo on the prayers list. She's going through some scary stuff right now and we're going to pray that it is very treatable and no big deal Details are in her college search thread.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Prayers for all...

"I am often at my best when things look the worst." -Meb Keflezighi
Old 04-01-2013, 05:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Thank you all.
Offering my prayers for y'all.
Old 04-01-2013, 06:50 PM
GreekChat Member

You are all in my thoughts.

Belle, I'm right there with you, stay strong, even though it's hard. This too shall pass.
Old 04-03-2013, 02:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulip86 View Post
A good friend's mother was diagnosed just last week and has started very aggressive chemo this weekend. According to the doctors if she'd been diagnosed a few days later she would probably have died. So scary. Positive thoughts are very welcome.
They got the call yesterday that they had to come over soon if they wanted to see her. My heart breaks for her.
Old 04-03-2013, 07:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PhoenixAzul
:-( My grandfather is in the hospital again with chest pains this time.
Bonus points to him for not being stubborn and just going.
Minus points for not calling my mother until this morning, because he didn't want to wake her (wtf, pop?)

He's having a heart catheterization tomorrow, and then we'll see. He's doing OK just now, had a stress test...and by stress test, I mean we are all stressed by this test.

You can't tell an 87 yr old man with a math degree from Penn to do a damn thing, so the best I can do at this point is pray and hope that it all goes well and that he doesn't get an infection.

It's hard realizing that those you love are getting old :-(
Old 04-03-2013, 08:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Sorry to hear that Tulip. And P_Azul- Your grandfather is in my prayers also.
Old 04-04-2013, 12:14 AM

Prayers for all...

My mother had her second chemo treatment yesterday. I was by her side as long as I was allowed to be. (They only allow one visitor per patient, and she wanted my father there, so I had to leave.)

Today, she went back for a follow-up, and was found to be extremely dehydrated. She received IV fluids, and she may have to go back tomorrow for more.

I'm glad I'm just an hour's drive away, but it's wearing on me, taking me away from my work (and I'm self-employed - I can't take any paid leave), and the MTA is making a mint off me on bridge tolls. My parents have a home health aide, physical and occupational therapists, and a housekeeper ... but I'm an only child, so I have to handle all the emotional and psychological support.

My husband is there for me, and I thank him for being there and I thank God for bringing such a wonderful man into my life.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lovespink88
Prayers to you aephi alum!

I could use some kind thoughts/good vibes/prayers. As I mentioned, we're moving to Colorado Springs. I applied for a job actually IN Colorado Springs that's in my industry. This is HUGE because there are not many agencies in Denver, let alone Colorado Springs, where we're moving (I seriously think there may be 2).

I think I am PERFECT for this job. I have the perfect amount of experience, the estimated salary is actually larger than I thought it would be, they asked for experience on an automotive account, which I have...I just don't think it could get any better!

The recruiter contact me very quickly after sending in my resume. I take this as a good sign. I just sent in an official questionnaire which will determine if they want to take the next steps with me.

I don't think I could have a found a better opportunity, considering our upcoming move.

My ONLY concern is that timing might not be right. We're not moving until June...

So, I am praying that they are not urgently trying to fill this position and if they give me the chance to show them I am perfect for this job, that they will be willing to let me start in June.

I don't think I have wanted a job more than this.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Praying for everyone who needs it.

On my last night of spring break while being home, I fell down some stairs (it was raining, the stairs were outside and very slick) and broke my arm. I've had to take a week off of school; thankfully my teachers have been very understanding.

The first cast I was in was HUGE and I couldn't even dress myself. So, I got surgery, which is slowly but surely giving me more mobility. The surgery should help my arm heal much more quickly than it would have healed without surgery. Surgery went well, but my arm is still pretty sore. I'm going back to Mizzou this weekend, so I won't have my parents there to help me get around. I'm praying that I will have the strength to study (my pain pills make me absolutely exhausted) and that I will continue to gain mobility in my arm. Any good thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you.