GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 540
2 members and 538 guests
Low D Flat, naraht

Old 07-29-2009, 01:16 PM
Super Moderator

if you really want to be a member of a sorority, you will attend recruitment. you are sending the wrong message to the sororities if you ditch recruitment for a concert-no matter how long ago your tickets were purchased. if you miss the second night of recruitment, i doubt that you will have to worry about the third night. not very many pnms who miss an entire night are invited back for another, unless there are extremely extenuating circumstances, and even then, it is at the sorority's discretion.

you could offer your ticket to your friend and let her invite another friend, and then make arrangements to see them during some free time during recruitment.

Last edited by FSUZeta; 07-29-2009 at 01:23 PM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-29-2009, 01:27 PM
GreekChat Member

yeah i'm missing incubus (for the 2nd time!) for rush. but incubus might come again some other year! and your friend, if she's a good enough friend, should understand! there will always be other concerts, especially in college towns! lol
Old 07-29-2009, 03:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by curlygirl18 View Post
I understand, it's not the concert that's important, it's my best friend for many years who has already made travel arrangements to come in for it. I don't think I could disappoint her and we only see each other a few times a year.

I was just wondering if they'd be understanding of the situation if I decided to go through recruitment. If not, I won't go through, I know being at all the events is important and for good reasons.
One of the unfortunate facts of life as we get older is that sometimes you have to make choices. Only you can decide what is the most important thing for you.

A Chapter should understand why someone misses an event if it is school related. But harsh truth time, skipping out to see a concert won't go over well. That says you aren't even a member yet and are already showing you aren't committed to the responsibilities and time commitments of the Chapter. It won't matter if you hadn't seen your friend in 10 years, all they will remember is you blew off Recruitment for a concert.