GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Chapter Operations

Chapter Operations Share plans, ideas, and brainstorm problems related to chapter operations. Topics also include parliamentary procedure, national programs, innovations & etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,138
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, KristyClif
» Online Users: 1,080
3 members and 1,077 guests
3DGator, Titchou, Xidelt

Old 05-29-2021, 03:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Chapter Archives

How does your chapter store it’s archives? How are archives displayed for special events? We have photos in albums and a bunch of loose photos too. The albums are falling apart. Scrapbooks are falling apart too. We will be sending the old tapes to legacy box. Advice on this is needed too. We also have a file cabinet full of old documents, invitations, special event announcements l, etc. I’m tempted to digitize the old photos too but I know the actives will still be physically going through the old albums anyway which are so fragile. what works for your chapter? I will be using the advice of our fabulous national archivist. We have already communicated. I was just wondering if I could get more good advice. We have a big anniversary coming up in 18 months. Thanks in advance.
Old 06-01-2021, 08:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbxo View Post
How does your chapter store it’s archives? How are archives displayed for special events? We have photos in albums and a bunch of loose photos too. The albums are falling apart. Scrapbooks are falling apart too. We will be sending the old tapes to legacy box. Advice on this is needed too. We also have a file cabinet full of old documents, invitations, special event announcements l, etc. I’m tempted to digitize the old photos too but I know the actives will still be physically going through the old albums anyway which are so fragile. what works for your chapter? I will be using the advice of our fabulous national archivist. We have already communicated. I was just wondering if I could get more good advice. We have a big anniversary coming up in 18 months. Thanks in advance.
Bring in your school library/archives. The worst they can say is that they aren't interested. You may end up with most of that filing cabinet stored offsite, in better conditions that you can bring out for the anniversary.

My Fraternity, when it rechartered Alpha chapter gave Honorary membership to the head archivist of the school who spent *significant* time with the Archives that the chapter had before it went inactive.
Old 06-01-2021, 09:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Sister Havana
My APO chapter archives (through 2008) are stored as a collection within the Indiana University Archives. A few things are available to see online. I'm not sure what the chapter does with the post-2008 archives. The chapter has an office in the IMU, so they may keep it there.