GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Phi > Phi Mu
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,446
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, ageldarkz5086
» Online Users: 2,296
0 members and 2,296 guests
No Members online

Old 05-24-2003, 11:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to WCUphimuDIVA
Exclamation New Philanthropy fundraiser ideas needed!!!

I was HOPING that some of you could help me out. My chapter is in desperate need of a NEW annual fundraiser for CMN. Each chapter on our campus has one BIG event each year to raise money for their philanthropy, we were doing a fashion show and at first it was really working and raised money, but recently is hasn' t been as succesful. We aren't getting the participation from other chapters, so we're not raising the money. It's also hard because a lot of companies aren't so willing to let us borrow their merchandise.

Another event we are starting is our Miracle Ball, which I think has the potential to be more successful, but as a greek community, our school has dance marathon which is very similar. We usually do ur big event in the spring and I am realy looking for ideas and guidance on how to make any new activity successful. Y'all can email me if thats easier at auperjes7@hotmail.com.

Thank you, thank you so much!! Our chapter is only 3 years old on our campus so we're still trying to "prove" ourselves to the greek system. (Newcomers aren't always greeted with a smile and hug...)....

LIOB,
Jess Linn
Phi Lambda
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-24-2003, 11:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to WCUphimuDIVA
Whoops... wrong email address

Sorry girls, type-o.... my email address is superjes7@hotmail.com

Thanks!!
Jess
Old 05-24-2003, 01:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Most chapters on our campus do some type of sports tournament, with an entry fee for each house. Common courtesy dictates that you don't use something another house does, but we have:

soccer
volleyball
basketball
softball
broomball
bowling
canoe race
capture the flag
mud olympics
5k run
football
Old 06-16-2003, 07:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to dixie_phi
Our chapter has a male pagent, Mr. Greek Adonis. It is the most popular event on our campus. There is a registration fee for each contestant and a ticket fee. Each sorority and frat put up one or two contestants(pledges). We usually have 18. There is a silly skit, casual wear, and much to every females joy a toga round (muscles, tiny toga, and baby oil). Everybody loves the event we always raise several thousand dollars. We also have a hidden golden lion on campus and each frat searches for it the week before the event for extra points. Each frat also gets points for their pledge classes support at the event. The fraternity with the most points wins the much coveted title of best men on campus. They brag about it all year. If you want to know more just email me. I have a whole book detailing everything you have to do.
Old 06-17-2003, 09:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PM_Mama00 Send a message via Yahoo to PM_Mama00
We had a Mr Greek contest this year and made TONS of money on it. The entry fee for contestants was like $15 or $10, and to get in was $5, $3 for a prepaid ticket. We sold 50/50 raffel tickets.... 3 for $1. Didn't sell much on that, but we had sooooo many donated door prizes from gift certificates to restaurants to samples of hair products. It was great!

The only problem... we had the two rival fraternities up there (3 on our campus... one had a previous engagement that day) and Alpha Phi Alpha (who we were so excited participated cuz they aren't really involved in our Greek relations), and in the final six not one of the "lower" fraternity got in. A lot of us are good friends with them so we felt bad but some of them were sore losers and sayin they won't do it again next year. Blah... oh well for them. But the Greek pageant is awesome and everyone has a lot of fun.

KLTC
Old 06-20-2003, 12:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Pancakes will be served with everything...

Delta Iota's (at Baldwin-Wallace College) big annual fundraiser is the annual Pancake breakfast. We ask a church on campus to let us use their facilities on a Sunday. We get donations from the batter, to forks and knives, to sausage... pretty much everything. Then we sell tickets to everyone we know- alot of our families can come b/c alot of us live close to the college. Then we make pancakes for hours upon hours. It's a good time- funny to see which sisters can cook lol.

We did Trick or Treat in the area where we went out on Halloween and collected donations from the locals. We also do Spring King and Queen where it's a coin war to see who wins from which campus org. There's more, but I can't remember them lol- TOO MANY!

And of course we make greeting cards and such for Rainbows Babies and Children's hospital- our CMN hospital in the are. We've had trouble getting down there to volunteer this past semester, but hopefully it will work better this upcoming one. We also go down to Ronald McDonald House and do some work around the house for them also. I keep my sisters busy!

Our philanthropy is really strong in our chapter- the phil. director before me was AMAZING- it's been hard living up to her accomplishments. But I think having such a strong Philanthropy program will help to bring the sisters together. Even if you start with just doing greeting cards every month for you CMN hospital, you're not only doing something for the kids, you're strengthen your sisterhood. (Spoken like a true Philanthropy Director lol)

Great Lakes Theater Festival - Cleveland, Ohio -Shakespeare's Great Company!
www.greatlakestheater.org
Old 06-22-2003, 04:40 PM
GreekChat Member

We also do the trick or treat thing.. we call it change for a childs life! we have soo much fun doing it! we also do a cross dressing pageant with all the frats... its really funny... we a talent competition and the guys do all this crazy stuff!
Old 06-23-2003, 04:36 PM
GreekChat Member

I forgot one...During homecoming our alum come and we do an auction.. they bring some old tshirts and frames and stuff they dont want anymore and current sisters bid on them in a slient auction and all the money raised goes to CMN... its a great way to bring together actives and alum. and you know there is always that old school bid day shirt everyone wishes they had and we always make a ton of money on those!
Old 09-15-2003, 11:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Melt05
Hey ladies! Does anyone exactly know what Miracle Ball is? I'm the new philanthrophy chair for the Theta Gamma chapter and I would really appreciate new ideas. Lots of love,

Melissa
Old 09-16-2003, 03:42 PM
GreekChat Member

We do Greek God, which I guess is alot like the Mr. Greek and stuff. It was sooo much fun last year, and we raised a couple of thousand dollars with it.
I really think a male pageant is the way to go. Ours is like a week long event. The whole week we have "Penny Wars". there are the Greek olympics, with tug of war, chariot race (they really do build their own chariots, it was awesome), and a foot race. The week ends with the pageant, which includes question/answer, toga, letter wear, and dance contest. Tickets are sold to the pageant and fraternities earn points for members showing up, so that guarantees a full house all the time. I really is fun and different, so I would definitely suggest trying it
Old 11-20-2003, 04:42 PM
GreekChat Member

WE do a basketball tournment. All the frat. boys put in like four teams and we open it up to the whole campus. We had girls this year that played. Its a three on three. It went over really well.