GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,290
1 members and 1,289 guests
acg233

Old 12-20-2019, 07:00 PM
GreekChat Member

We also thought Miss Georgia was going to win. She was so polished, confident, passionate...and my daughter was highly complimentary of her vocal skills.
Old 12-20-2019, 08:14 PM
GreekChat Member

I thought their presentations seemed more like a soliloquy in a play than a statement of platform/etc. The walking back and forth was very distracting for me.
Old 12-20-2019, 09:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Okay...while I was very happy yo see someone with an academic platform win, especially somebody who advocates for young people—especially young women—in STEM STUDIES, my wife and I BOTH thought the talent, overall...went from mediocre to just plain awful—really amateurish. And to agree with Cheerio, the way the judges carried on after each talent presentation was downright embarrassing!

It’s just lost a lot of luster from the Miss America Pageants I remember watching. Or maybe I’m just older...and less easily impressed!! (Or more cynical?!)
Old 12-20-2019, 09:16 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheerio View Post

During her reign, if Camille truly wants to BE understood and HAVE youth delight in the wonders of science she needs to SLOW DOWN her delivery.

As to NBCs programming last night, IMO the judges should not be allowed to vocalize biased opinions of any of the candidates during the televised competition. The Miss America Program isn't The Voice, but it sure devolved into it at one point with all the judges contestant critiques.
I have no doubt that Camille will be taught to talk more naturally; I assumed the super-speed was due to imposed time restraints.

I completely agree with the judges' commentaries. It was completely unnecessary!

Overall, while I do like the new Miss America, I'm disappointed in the pageant in general. So sad.
Old 12-20-2019, 10:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheerio View Post
That said, did anyone else notice the LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG pause between the moment Lauren Ash said "...the new Miss America is..." and the actual naming of the winner? Were there accountants in a back room re-checking the winning tally? Did the judge who had to announce the winner not even believe the name she had to read? Because everyone at my house thought Miss Georgia walked away with the crown and were stunned when she did not.
I agree, I thought Miss Georgia did a much better job in her presentations. I really hated that the whole pageant was run as a "job interview".

And Miss America needs to try some DECAF