GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Phi > Phi Sigma Sigma
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,281
2 members and 2,279 guests
No Members online

Old 05-02-2002, 02:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Just a reminder to everyone that we are NOT supposed to EVER wrote down the words to the dirty songs... I'm sure as long as you're just e mailing them to another phi sig it's alright...but remember don't post them here where anyone can read them who just happens to click on our forum
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-29-2002, 04:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Any more???

Do you have any other songs that aren't ritual songs, or in the song book? My lil is the Song/Spirit/Sunshine chair, so I'd love to give her a list of some cool songs. PM me if you don't wanna put it in the post. I'd love to hear what other chapters have!

LITP~Beth

diokete hupsala
Old 05-31-2002, 01:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Just a question... I thought we were not supposed to write down or sing in public the dirty songs... I don't know maybe this is only a rule my chapter follows... but I have heard it before.. so we might want to be careful what we post on this public forum.. maybe it'd be better to PM or E mail the dirty songs.. ne way.. that said.. one of my Delta Gamma sisters wrote a rush type song to the tune of like a virgin... here it is.. it's a little long... but very good for rush I think... I know we're using it this fall

I made it through initiation
somehow I made it through
didn't know just how lost I was until I found you

I was beat incomplete
just started school
I was sad and blue
but you made me feel
yeah you made me feel
shiny and new

like a Phi Sig
Rushing for the very first time
like a phi sig
wear your new pin next to mine

gonna have to much fun now
socials are coming up fast
sisterhood and philanthropy are what make phi sig last

phi sigs strive to aim high
we are strong and we are so bold
let us show you now
yeah let us show you now
what sisterhood is about
(chorus again... or not depends on timing and everything)
Old 06-04-2002, 10:01 PM
PhisigWarner

phi sigs r us

this one goes to the tune of the Toys R Us jingle:

We are pledgin Phi Sig
and we're wearin' our pins
there's a million things to memorize
before we get in...

From songs to names
To Phi Sig Games
They are the best Sorority
We are pledging Phi Sig and since we got our bids...
WE KNEW IT'S THE BEST THING WE EVER DID!!!
Old 06-05-2002, 11:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to jess_pom
Here's a fun one that we do at parties.

This post has been edited due to unappropriate or negative views of Phi Sigma Sigma.

~Beth

Last edited by SapphireSphinx9; 03-27-2003 at 04:33 PM.
Old 06-17-2002, 03:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to phisigbrookie
Red face

I think that posting our dirty songs on this chat forum is completely unacceptable. It makes us look like typical sorority girls who just joined to party, drink, and meet guys. Anyone, whether they are a member of Phi Sig or not, can view these posts. None of the other sororities have any of their dirty songs posted. If you want to exchange dirty songs please do so through e-mail or some other form of communication. I for one do not want Phi Sigs viewed as slutty sorority girls with no morals or standards. We should be setting an example of sisterhood and "aiming high" on this chat forum.
Old 07-05-2002, 01:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Krisber81 Send a message via Yahoo to Krisber81
Phi Sig Songs

Hi all~
I"m new to Phi Sig...being the newest class in theta Sigma. Since my school is small we have a small chapter as well ranging about 25 girls, I have been elected as Sunshine Chair. This chair includes, sisterhood and now songs as well. I've been researching different materials to do my best at these events but, I"m lacking in different songs. I know they are out there because I have been talking to other phi sig sisters through out the us. I was wondering does anyone know of any songs about Phi Sig?

~Kristen
Phi Sigma Sigma Always...
Old 07-05-2002, 11:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to phisigduchesscv
HI Kristen,
I'm from Iota Gamma chapter. We're one of the newest chapters (just celebrated our 1 year anniversary) as such we are in the same boat as you. I suggest contacting your delgate to the Convention this year and ask her to tape the song fest if they do it again this year. They did songfest at LTS and unfortunately I didn't have a tape recorder with me. Otherwise we'd know more then the 4 songs we know. We have a "song book" which is really just the words. If you want to PM me with your address I can send it to you.
Carolyn

IG - CKA
Vice Archon - So. LA County Alumnae Chapter
Old 07-06-2002, 03:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Kristen,
If you look through our posts, you'll find a couple of different threads about songs. They're all just words, but maybe you can make something outta them!!! Good luck!

LITP~Beth

diokete hupsala
Old 07-08-2002, 10:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Krisber81 Send a message via Yahoo to Krisber81
disappointed

Thank you Beth for telling me about the other song post. Although I must say I was disappointed to find what I saw. All those dirty songs involving Phi Sig shouldn't be posted privately. I found some of them quite offended. Plus aren't we not supposed to be drinking with letters on,Or at any type of Phi Sigma Sigma hosted function? I just thought more of my sisters would have the respect for our sorority as I and the rest of my chapter does, not to post those songs on the web and give us a bad name.

I heard some good songs though if you have anymore could you e-mail them to me at Krisber81@hotmail.com

Thanks,
~Kristen

Diokete Hupsala
Phi Sigma Sigma
Theta Sigma

Last edited by Krisber81; 07-08-2002 at 10:18 AM.
Old 07-08-2002, 12:46 PM
GreekChat Member

At convention, they usually hand out a Mini song book at the song fest. Ask your delegate to bring back a couple copies for you.

Songs are so important! imagine how foolish my chapter felt when each group was asked to sing a song at division conference and only 3 from our chapter could sing 1 song, and I (the alum) was the only one who actually made it to the end of the song! I've since tape-recorded myself singing, but I had a cold at the time, and I sing horribly...at least they have the tune tho.

LITP
Old 07-09-2002, 03:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Our chapter has the nice songs as well as the dirty songs. Most of the dirty songs are made up by past sisters and passed down. Its part of a tradition not only with our chapter but many other Phi Sig chapters and well as other sororities. Its just for fun. You shouldn't take any offense to it. But I do agree that people shouldn't go around posting them on this website. We are very respectful about our songs and only sing them when we are together at phi sig member only functions. Even at our formal when we sang songs, we did NOT sing the dirty songs (dates we present). Plus, yes it is a very big rule you do not drink in letters. I know none of the songs we sing say anything about that because our rules are so strict about that. Other chapters might not be as strict. Still, you might want to get sisters together to make up some of your own chapter songs or your own phi sig songs that you can pass down. It would be a really fun event and you could come back in a few years and see if they are still singing them.
Old 07-09-2002, 07:44 PM
GreekChat Member

i kind of think the dirty songs are funny -- at my school (we have 11 or 12 other sororities, so it's pretty competitive) lots of the sororities go to all the frats and serenade them with dirty songs. it's tradition - its not like anyone REALLY takes them seriously. anyway, i just read through all the ones on that other thread, and if they offended anyone, sorry, but i kind of like learning new ones (got to keep ahead of the competition - otherwise the frat boys get sick of hearing the old ones eeeeeevery year and then they dont sing back to us ).
Old 07-10-2002, 03:50 PM
GreekChat Member

we used to have the tradition of serenading our "brother" fraternity during their initiation weekend with some dirty songs. But about 2 years ago the girls were no longer interested (one could see the difference, example: 5 years ago or so many girls were drinkers and partiers wheras the last couple years maybe only 1 or 2 sisters drink at all)

I remember one division conference when the DCP stepped out at the end of songfest so we started sharing dirty songs with each other. Also, chapter consultants often share some of the funniest songs too.
But I agree there is a time and place for such songs and it's rare at that.
Old 08-02-2002, 01:25 AM
GreekChat Member

A new song

I got this song from when I went out to LaVerne's Preference Party, this last semester. It's a VERY nice song! Some of the words have been changed, because it was originally a Christian Song...

Friends
Originally by Michael W. Smith

Packing up the dreams we've planted
in the fertile soil of you
Can't believe the hopes that's been granted
means a chapter in your life is through

But we'll keep you close as always
It won't even seem you've gone
'Cause our hearts in big and small ways
Will keep the love that keeps us strong

And friends are friends forever
if they're a Phi Sig friend
And a friend will not say never
'Cause the welcome will not end
Though it's hard to let you go
in the Founders' hands we know
that a lifetime's not too long
to live as friends

With the faith and love that's given
Springing from the hope we know
We will pray the joy you'll live in
is the strength that now you show

But we'll keep you close as always
It won't even seem you've gone
'Cause our hearts in big and small ways
Will keep the love that keeps us strong

And friends are friends forever
if they're a Phi Sig friend
And a friend will not say never
'Cause the welcome will not end
Though it's hard to let you go
in the Founders' hands we know
that a lifetime's not too long
to live as friends

PSLAM~Beth

P.S. Oh, I completely forgot to let you know, that you can download the original song from Michael W. Smith... And use that as your guide for how the song goes...

diokete hupsala

Last edited by SapphireSphinx9; 08-02-2002 at 01:30 AM.