GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,395
1 members and 1,394 guests
janesstexxda745

Old 09-21-2002, 10:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Herff-Jones Screwed up My Class Ring

Ive been waiting for 2 1/2 months for my class ring to come in(3 weeks longer than they said it takes), and when I open the box...my Fraternity letters say Epsilon Chi. I was like NOOOOOOOOOOO! So now i have to send it back. I know people on here have said herff jones screwed theres up too, so can one of you guys tell me how long it takes for them to fix it???? You'd think paying nearly $500 they'd get it right the first time.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-21-2002, 12:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via AIM to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via Yahoo to AchtungBaby80
I think they ought to give you some kind of a discount for all this rigmarole they put you through. I mean, really...you paid 500 bucks plus it took forever and they STILL didn't get it right?
Old 09-21-2002, 01:29 PM
GreekChat Member

I had a bad experience with them, as well as 2 of my sisters. We ordered our rings in early October 2001 and we didn't get them until February 2002!!!!! I got mine first (it was perfect), while my sisters Karen and Kristen waited on theirs. Here's where the story gets funny.....Kristen finally gets hers like two weeks after me, opens the box, and inside is Karen's ring! Yeah, they shipped the wrong ring to the wrong person! Thank God they are sorority sisters, so they could fix the problem. Anyway, when Kristen got her ring finally, it was all scratched up! She talked to the people, and I believe that they basically have to create an entire new ring because the way the letters are encrusted on the stone! I wish you better luck than us, and for any future ring orderers, please find another place, Jostens for example, to order from!

Jadey
Old 09-21-2002, 03:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Demand your money back and go to Jostens. I know they do Sigma Chi stuff, they had your cross on one of the rings in their catalogs.
Old 09-21-2002, 04:07 PM
GreekChat Member

It's been my experience that Herff Jones stands by its product and WILL fix it for you. I got my HS class ring from them, and if I'd like, I could upgrade it to a college ring (for a nominal fee) or get it resized at anytime.

Regarding them taking so long--hey, I lived in Italy for a while...which can definitely make you more patient. I'm so impressed when people do things promptly now.
Old 09-23-2002, 10:35 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to moe.ron
Had a problem with them too. I orderd my ring with the crest. Instead they give me a crest from another fraternity.
Old 09-23-2002, 11:05 AM
GreekChat Member

I definitely understand being frustrated by improperly made items... however, try to be a little understanding about the time issue. When a company is making custom items... they can not produce a mass quantity ahead of time. After you place your order they have to process it, make templates, cast or etch the item, etc...
Old 09-23-2002, 11:14 AM
Super Moderator

Herff-Jones has never provided me with a satisfactory experience.

They are overpriced and their quality is substandard. Your best bet is to go to a private jeweler. They're generally better priced and always will have better customer service.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 09-23-2002, 09:26 PM
GreekChat Member

I actually work for the Herff Jones yearbook division. Your experience is unfortunate, but you must remember that everyone makes mistakes. We make thousands and thousands and thousands of rings each year so some are bound to have mistakes. There are so many hands that go into making each product that human error will happen from time to time -- with any company and any product. I know that customer satisfaction is a priority for us, so I'm sure the rep you were dealing with is doing all he or she can to get the product returned to you as ordered. As for the time factor, these rings are a custom product and take time to make.

I wouldn't speak so highly of Herff Jones if I didn't believe in it so much (nor would I work for them!). In fact, we make the national championship rings, the Heisman Trophy, the Stanley Cup, the Indy 500 trophy and the US Supreme Court Justice robes -- so we must be doing SOMETHING right!

If you continue to have trouble (and I can't imagine that you will), feel free to contact me via this message board and I will find someone in that division who can help you.

Last edited by PearlGrrl; 09-23-2002 at 09:29 PM.
Old 09-23-2002, 09:40 PM
GreekChat Member

My uncle works for Taylor (another yearbook company) and he told me that Jostens is owned by a corporation based out of the Middle East. I'm not racist AT ALL (in fact, I'm Jewish), but I would think in this particular time, we'd want to support American-owned companies. Especially considering $.40 of every dollar you spend with Jostens could be supporting Al Queda!!

I got my high school ring from Herff Jones and I was very happy with it. I hope I will be able to buy my college ring through them.
Old 09-23-2002, 10:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via AIM to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via Yahoo to AchtungBaby80
I vote for going to a local jeweler. That's where I went to get my high school ring (rather than using Jostens like most people did), and I was very pleased--it was exactly what I wanted AND it cost quite a bit less than ones just like it that were ordered through Jostens.
Old 09-23-2002, 11:22 PM
GreekChat Member

well...

I ordered my ring from Herff Jones in the end of September and received the final ring one week before my graduation in MAY! They screwed it up no less than 3 times. Each time it was something different. The first time, they only had half of "University of Florida" on the ring, and my name you couldn't even read on the inside. The second time, there was scratches and dents all over the ring, and my name you could read, but it wasn't my name, it was spelled wrong with the wrong middle initial. The third time, the ring was perfect, except they had BS as my degree instead of BSN and they couldn't just add the N because it would be a different size as the B and S. They jerked us around for 8 months before they finally got my ring correct.

I hope you have better luck than I did. If I had it to do again, I'd have gone to ArtCarved like I did for the high school ring and it was perfect the FIRST time.

Tara
I have a Phi Mu castle...
Old 09-24-2002, 08:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by deegee4me
My uncle works for Taylor (another yearbook company) and he told me that Jostens is owned by a corporation based out of the Middle East. I'm not racist AT ALL (in fact, I'm Jewish), but I would think in this particular time, we'd want to support American-owned companies. Especially considering $.40 of every dollar you spend with Jostens could be supporting Al Queda!!

I got my high school ring from Herff Jones and I was very happy with it. I hope I will be able to buy my college ring through them.
That is most racist and offensive thing I've read in awhile. I'm not surprised its your first post. You disgust me.
Old 09-25-2002, 07:46 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to moe.ron
Quote:

this is one of the most ignorant statement I've ever herd.
Old 09-25-2002, 08:07 AM

Quote:
My uncle works for Taylor (another yearbook company) and he told me that Jostens is owned by a corporation based out of the Middle East. I'm not racist AT ALL (in fact, I'm Jewish.
And, umm, Israel is ALSO in the Middle East, unless it has levitated up off the earth and is floating around in the Pacific somewhere.

Does anyone else find it odd that two posts supporting Herff-Jones - both of which were first posts - were made within 10 minutes of each other? Hmm.