GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Social

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,122
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, haledarkz870
» Online Users: 1,560
0 members and 1,560 guests
No Members online

Old 10-26-2002, 09:51 PM
GreekChat Member

We wanted to do one called "Golf Pros and Tennis Hos", but we got word someoen alreayd did it
Old 11-28-2002, 01:55 AM
GreekChat Member

cool social idea

I haven't posted in quite a while, but I saw this idea and I thought I would tell you about it. It's called The Great North American quest.

There has to be 3 floors, or 2 including a basement. The top floor would be canada and you would have themes and drinks from that country. the middle floor would be America and you would do the same for that, and the basement or the first floor would be mexico. Basically, we called this a party, not really a social. Because you would have drinks from all three countries. If you were caught on a different floor than of the drink you had in your hand, the border control would catch you and you would have to do so many shots or drink so much to get to the next floor. It's really funny, and I can see people getting wasted real fast. So if you want to do it, just say it's a "party" not a social.
Old 11-29-2002, 04:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlphaGamDiva Send a message via Yahoo to AlphaGamDiva
i know this is kinda stereotypical, but last year we had a toga dance. it was SUPER fun b/c everyone wore different kind of sheets...and it was interesting to see what ppl had chosen to hold them up with...this year our theme dance was a pj dance "alpha gam pajama jam" which was really cute...esp. since that night we were under a tornado watch. we were having so much fun, though, that no one noticed. you may, however, want to impliment a dress code...

monica

My Facebook
Old 11-29-2002, 04:43 PM
hendrixski

some of the theme parties we've done:

TOGA!!!
Hawaiin party
White Trash party
CATHOLIC SCHOOL GIRL + DIRTY OLD MAN party (that one can get wierd)
Hot Tub party (need a small pool for that)
Pajama Jammy Jam!
Pirate Party (didn't really work)

Σ&#928 did a Jungle party every year (they just lost their charter here) because of it and a wicked cool Haloween Party
Old 11-29-2002, 09:19 PM
Super Moderator

We did a "Go Geek" party aka Nerd party once that was a lot of fun - I think every guy there had a pocket protecter & his shirt coming out of his fly!

The only other one I'm thinking about right now is the Woodstock party, 1969 style - hippies, etc. We served "Electric Kool Aid" by getting 2 punch bowls, and having flashing Christmas lights between the smaller & larger punch bowls. You can electrify your punch however you wish!

honeychile
Old 11-30-2002, 11:17 PM
GreekChat Member

A lot of houses on my campus have glow in the dark graffiti parties-- they put black lights all over the place, and people wear plain white Tshirts and write all over each other in highlighter so they'll glow under the lights. The shirts are fun to read the morning after

My sorority did a costume blind date party at a local restaurant-- your sisters set you up with someone, and gave you half of a costume so when you got to the party you could find your date; one girl had bunny ears and had to find a boy with a magicians hat, and people with devils horns had to find their dates with devil tails, etc.

We also do a Handcuff date party where you get handcuffed to your date for the whole night-- it makes for some interesting stories afterwards ;p

*C*
Old 11-25-2009, 06:06 PM
GreekChat Member

schools out/around the world

I set up a variation of around the world with schools out. Upon arrival to my house the girls were led upstairs to different history class rooms, a bell would ring then everyone would move to the next room, and so on until the final bell rang and schools out! then everyone went downstairs to party.
Themed history rooms were:
Russian empire: white russians
Tropical hemisphere: mia tais
Mexico: Tequila/limes/salt shots
Germany: Jager bombs
Japan: saki bombs
history of the tour de francia: boxed wine
Old 03-08-2010, 06:45 AM
GreekChat Member

I've never heard of a Mardi Gras before.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to GooniePDT49
Anything But a Cup.....pretty self explanatory. Nuts N Bolts....Guys get bolts, girls get nuts...guys and girls try to connect the right bolt to the right nuts...Anything But Clothes...again self explanatory, for the army guys overseas... GI Joes and Army Hoes, Toga TOGA TOGA party, Halloween Party, Pimps N Hoes
Old 07-31-2011, 06:07 AM
GreekChat Member

A fraternity at our school had a "Highlighter Party" where everyone would go in white shirts and jeans they didn't mind getting written on, and everyone wrote on everyone else while dancing or just hanging around. It was A LOT OF FUN!
Old 10-21-2011, 02:04 PM
GreekChat Member

every year at my school we have the "Fratalina Wine Mixer" with the delta chi's we just made it annual and it is a lot of fun! we do franzia wine and JJ of course! but you can make it whatever!
Old 01-19-2012, 04:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Anything but clothes party- I've seen ridiculous outfits made out of duct tape, NASCAR banners, etc. It's cheap and everyone gets really creative.

Pink party- self explanatory. Wear pink, serve pink drinks, etc.

CEO's and Office Hoes- dress in business attire. Girls typically dress a little skanky, but still professional.

80's Prom- Get old prom dresses from salvation army, tease your hair a la Debbie Gibson. We actually did this one with the other sororities on campus and made it a philanthropic event where we made it a dance-a-thon and raised money for a local battered women's shelter.

Soda Stand- everyone wears shirts from different soda companies or types of soda. These shirts are pretty much found at Wal-Mart and Target and what not. You can also serve mixers using the different types of soda.

Beer Olympics- You partner up with a member of another fraternity (or make it a group as big as 8) and are assigned a country. You dress like members of that country's olympic team and compete in beer competitions (flip cup, beer pong, boat race, quarters, etc). You can have winners in each event.

Cops and Robbers

Hunt or Be Hunted- Fraternity dresses like hunters and the sorority members dress up as animals that can be hunted (deer, bunnies, moose, etc).

Ensemble Party: Get together in a group and dress as an ensemble cast (Breakfast Club, Reservoir Dogs, etc).

Vampires and Vampire Slayers: Some people dress as vamps, some look like your typical Buffy the Vampire Slayer wearing crosses, carrying holy water, stakes, etc.

90's Nostalgia Party: This one was huge at my school. Everyone dresses like something from the 90's. We had people dressed like Quail Man, the Silver Snakes from Legends of the Hidden Temple, two red-headed guys were Pete and Pete, we had Nirvana, girls dressed like Madonna with the cone-boobs, boy bands, the Spice Girls... really your imagination was your only limit with this one.
Old 12-06-2015, 08:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Post Masked and Dangerous: Superhero Supplication

Halloween and other costume party ideas have been overdone already, but with the recent explosion of comic book adapted media in American entertainment, why not advertise college fraternity socials in which guests are asked to dress up as known or invented superheroes/superheroines?

You could call it Fantasy Hero Pit.

I could see my people-friendly fraternity Bones Gate, a localized chapter of the popular national fraternity Delta Tau Delta, at Dartmouth College (Hanover, New Hampshire) reveling in such a theme party.

Superhero Costumes

History of Bones Gate

Old 01-07-2016, 11:37 PM
GreekChat Member

We had a

1) Jamaican-themed party complete with a steel drum band

2) Clothes "barty", where everyone had to trade clothes with one another when a certain song played (like musical chairs), so guys were wearing bras and girls were wearing guys' stuff

3) "Pi" eating contest, where everyone competed in eating things that started with the letters "pi" - pickles, pies, pizza, pinwheels (cookies), etc

4) Heavy-metal themed party for Halloween

5) Toga party
Old 01-10-2016, 06:20 PM
GreekChat Member

I had a super fun party with a fraternity from another school when I was in college. It was the Pony Express party. Everyone that entered got a name tag that only had a number. People could go to a desk at the front of the fraternity house and write a note to a number, from (their) number, and then a brother riding a little broomstick pony would deliver notes every 15 minutes or so. Like, "hey, it's #35, I think you're cute! And I love your shirt. From, #12) It was so fun and really good with getting people who normally weren't social to be more so.