GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,670
2 members and 1,668 guests
flamboyanttree, LaneSig

Old 11-01-2003, 01:05 AM
GreekChat Member

I have to wooooorrrrkkkk (whine whine ), so I have to wear scrubs, but I did put on furry cat ears and drew whiskers on my face and a black cat nose!! I was getting coffee, and 2 little girls were like, " You're a kitty!!", and then 2 unsavorys were like, "Meeoww"-I was like, ok the ears are coming off.
Old 11-01-2003, 08:41 AM
GreekChat Member

I was a pirate...a kinda punk-looking pirate.
The funniest thing I saw last night was someone dressed as a headless man, singing kareoke from somewhere in his neck.
Old 11-01-2003, 05:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to polarpi
I dressed up as a Sacremento Kings basketball player...my boys were playing last night (and won!) so I had to show my support
Old 11-01-2003, 05:17 PM
GreekChat Member

some of my sisters and I dressed up as sexy greek goddesses with togas and all that, but the best costume of the night, (mind you we are in downtown santa cruz) guys who dressed as members of Delta Omega Chi (of FL2 fame) complete with "cameraman" and even a "brother" with the name "snatch" on the back of the lettered sweatshirt... they were definately some of the most popular guys all night!
Old 11-01-2003, 05:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Angry

OH you all sluuuut puppys and puppettes!

Sinners and Sinnerettes, I will get you for your Pagan idealistic tendancies!

I will Wear My Fred H Suit tonight, the Night after that terrible nite of Bitches and Gooberlins, who love to dress in fancy costumes and writh around for nothing but sex and candy on your minds!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 11-01-2003, 06:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Last night I went as a "Black Book"

White T-shirt with spaces for names and numbers in sharpie, black fleece vest for my cover. The girls all really liked it and I got a lot of phone numbers.

Tonight, I'm going as god's gift to women...being returned to sender.
Another white t-shirt and sharpie job. On the front

To: Women

on the back "Return to sender"
Old 11-01-2003, 06:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PM_Mama00 Send a message via Yahoo to PM_Mama00
Haha all the Delt Sig pledges got airbrushed shirts like that!

KLTC
Old 11-01-2003, 07:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ladybug1116
On Thursday at a party with just my classmates I dressed up as our econ prof...it was a dead on impression.

Last night I was a prom queen from the 1980s..crimped hair and all. It was a definite hit!
Old 11-01-2003, 09:26 PM
GreekChat Member

I wore a military girl outfit that I got at Fredricks. My friend asked if I was Jessica Lynch.
Old 11-02-2003, 02:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SparkliiQTMTSU Send a message via Yahoo to SparkliiQTMTSU
I was a dark Angel I just kinda threw the costume together but it was too cute! A cute little black dress and some black wings and a black halo that I got at party City for only $5 go me! Now what to be next year lol

Nichole
Old 11-03-2003, 07:59 PM
GreekChat Member

I got a lot of compliments on my hula dancer costume... bikini, green grass skirt... then my mom made me a little sheer green skirt to cover me up a little, and had extra material to make me a little matching wrap worn off the shoulders that I pinned with an exotic looking flower, and wore a flower in my hair. We cut in line for this bar with some Sigma Nus and I thought someone was going to yell at us... 5 minutes later, a girl taps me on the shoulder and I turned around thinking she was going to say something, but she was like that's such a cute outfit! The night was great-- danced my a$$ off with a cute ZBT!
Old 11-04-2003, 05:07 PM

Here's a link to the Athens News picture coverage of the Ohio University Halloween Party -- which is famous in the midwest and other places:

http://www.athensnews.com/Halloween/halphotos.htm

There are some interesting costumes. You can click on the pics at left, or they will change every ten seconds.

There was also a riot:

Street parties marked by riots, arrests

by Lindsey Nelson

With this weekend's unseasonably warm temperatures came an unsettlingly high number of arrests at the annual Halloween celebration. A riot, stabbing and sexual assault all occurred during the event.

While the Court Street area stayed relatively calm all night, Halloween participants lit fires and rioted in outlying areas of campus and student neighborhoods early into yesterday morning.

In a press release, Athens Police Department Chief Richard Mayer said, "This event was far and away the worse event to date. It stretched and broke the ability of the department to respond to the needs of the public."

Overall, APD made 66 arrests on Saturday night plus 15 arrests Friday night, compared to only 30 from Saturday night last year.

According to the release, a riot occurred around 5 a.m. yesterday morning in the area of Mill, Stewart and Palmer streets. A string of five fires were set using couches and other materials. Rioters also overturned one car and attempted to overturn another.

While police officers and firefighters attempted to deal with the problems, people in the area threw bottles and other items at them.

Reinforcements were called in, and the fires were extinguished, but people continued to throw items at the officers from rooftops and backyards.

APD officers, Ohio University Police Department and other agencies were able to disperse the crowd into houses after obtaining riot gear and equipment.

In addition, a man stabbed in the leg on Columbus Road earlier in the evening might have to have the leg amputated, according to the press release.

Two men helped a woman who was being assaulted by another man. A fourth man then pulled a knife and stabbed the two men who were assisting the woman.

The femoral artery of one of the men was severed. The other man, who was stabbed multiple times in the chest, suffered a collapsed lung and was stabilized at O'Bleness Memorial Hospital.

A police officer, Lt. Sean Finan, also was taken to O'Bleness after he was attacked and assaulted by a fifth man when he arrived at the scene. He was treated and released. The suspects were apprehended in Nelsonville.

According to the release, OUPD reported a stolen vehicle and a sexual assault on campus.

OU freshman Jeremy D. Springer was arrested on suspicion of sexual battery in the incident and was transported to Southeast Ohio Regional Jail. The victim, a visitor, was a 19-year-old woman. Springer's arraignment will be today in Athens County Court of Common Pleas.

There were at least 11 fights and five assaults the night of the block party between midnight and 5:10 a.m. One fight near Magic Video on East State Street led to about five arrests, as all mounted police officers responded to the area.

There also was an attempted fire near Mill, Stewart and Palmer streets at 8:13 a.m. Subjects fled the scene as officers arrived.

OU spokesman Jack Jeffery said OUPD made 23 arrests and gave seven citations throughout the weekend. However, of the 30 charges, only four were OU students.

Jeffery said the university is reviewing information about the riot, and if any OU students were involved, they will face OU judiciaries, as well as any criminal charges they might face.

"We take a very dim view of that type of behavior," he said.

Mayer said in the release that the only way to correct the problems created by the Halloween event was to hire more officers.

"I feel that the number of serious problems created by this Halloween went beyond the capacity of this department and its volunteers and placed the public at risk," he said.
The above is the opinion of the poster which may or may not be based in known facts and does not necessarily reflect the views of Delta Tau Delta or Greek Chat -- but it might.

Last edited by DeltAlum; 11-04-2003 at 05:20 PM.