GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Sigma Theta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,395
1 members and 2,394 guests
Phrozen Sands

Old 06-07-2003, 10:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Question Would You Let Your Best Friend Plan Your Wedding?

http://www.lifetimetv.com/shows/weddings/index.html

Lifetime is having this interesting show come on called I Do Diaries. Two friends plan each others weddings, and they don't know any of the details until the last possible second.

Would you let your girl do it for you?
Old 06-07-2003, 11:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DELTAQTE Send a message via Yahoo to DELTAQTE
NO

It might end up like some of those prom pics
Old 06-07-2003, 11:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to crunkone Send a message via Yahoo to crunkone
I would but only if we had been friends for so long that we finished each other's sentences. (What are the chances of having a friend like that?) That way I would know that she knew what my tastes were and what I would like and wouldn't like.
Old 06-07-2003, 11:29 AM
GreekChat Member

I would let my friends do it. I've known all of my friends for at least 15 years and we all know each other very well.
Old 06-07-2003, 11:34 AM
GreekChat Member

I've known Ieal08 for almost 18 years and she still cannot plan my wedding.

My Day = My Way . . .umm, and the groom's too, lol.
Old 06-07-2003, 02:40 PM
GreekChat Member

mmm, possibly.

I was looking at the dresses Chakwan and Angilique picked for each other...lots of similarities.
Old 06-07-2003, 02:49 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm already married, but I would have to say a big fat NO! I love my girls to death, and several of them had input, but I'm too much of a control freak to do that. Shoot, my hubby even said since the wedding dress was a secret to him, the tuxs should be a secret to me. ummmmm, NO sweetie, don't think so! As a matter of fact, if I had, I would be looking a pictures of my hubby and his groomsmen in BROWN (that's right, brown) tuxedos at a formal, after 6 p.m. candlelight ceremony. He said he thought the brown would go with the champagne colored dresses my bridesmaids were wearing!!

There also a show on TLC that comes on Saturday nights after Trading Spaces (can't think of the name of it) where a group of friends have something like 5 days and $5,000 to plan a wedding for their engaged friends. The couple has absolutely no input on the wedding attire, theme, food, location, nothing! The one that will be on tonight the clips show her in a hot pink wedding dress!!
Old 06-07-2003, 03:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to James Send a message via AIM to James
Sounds likea bad idea. I have heard that a lot of women spend their entire lives fatasizing about the perfect wedding and coming up with ideas . . .

So if she had awesome ideas, would she use them on YOUR weddding? Because then she couldn't have them at hers without looing like a copycat.

So at best you would get the second greatest ideas she had.
Old 06-07-2003, 03:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Well, I'm not sure. My Best Friend is my Mother....so I feel she would have an idea of what I would like, but I'm so picky that she may not even know. My next best friend (besides My Honey) would be my girl I've known since like sophmore year of high school.....about 16 years ago.

Some of my ideas and feelings about weddings have changed over the years so much that I'm not sure if she would give me exactly what I want.

Old 06-07-2003, 03:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs down negatory

i would have to say no. i have seen best friends fall out just being in each other's wedding. and there truly is no accounting for good taste. you think you know someone until they have dancing a jig down the aisle wearing a sea of ruffles and bows!
Old 06-07-2003, 10:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Trading Spaces=YES! I Do Diaries=NO!

I love my best friend to death and we have VERY similar tastes, but I have MY own idea of what I want MY wedding to be like. I don't think that she would do me wrong, but this is a day that can't be undone.

Now, if I had been married once and this was my second time around the block, she could have the go-ahead. I am sure that I would have had my dream wedding the first time. Of course, I don't plan on ever getting divorced (who does?), but in case it happened and I was getting married again, she could plan it.
Old 06-08-2003, 10:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to GRITS Send a message via Yahoo to GRITS
Don't forget to watch I DO Diaries tonite at 10/11pm on Lifetime!
Old 06-08-2003, 10:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Im_just_me Send a message via Yahoo to Im_just_me
Quote:
Originally posted by Eclipse
There also a show on TLC that comes on Saturday nights after Trading Spaces (can't think of the name of it) where a group of friends have something like 5 days and $5,000 to plan a wedding for their engaged friends. The couple has absolutely no input on the wedding attire, theme, food, location, nothing! The one that will be on tonight the clips show her in a hot pink wedding dress!!
The name of the show is "For Better or for Worse."
Old 06-08-2003, 11:43 PM
GreekChat Member

I watched "For Better or For Worse" last week-I yelled at the television the entire time. The gown that the so called best friend and the mother agreed to was butt ugly. Yeah they had a ridiculously small budget-but all the bride wanted was a simple strapless sheath dress-they ended up having something made that looked like a nightgown (with lace straps). I could have found a simple dress for much cheaper than what they paid the designer to put together.

I was also turned off by the so called bridal consultant who was so busy imposing his ideas instead of gathering from the friends/family their ideas and then creating something personal for the bride/groom (which is what bridal consultant is supposed to do). I saw the preview for the pink bridal dress but I missed the show - I would KILL if that happened...but then again- I wouldn't do this at all-I actually trust my best friend-our tastes are extremely similar-her wedding was gorgeous and (if my time comes) I will definitely lean on her for guidance. But if she had to do my wedding within the set up of this show I could see her losing her religion and cussing the coordinator out in three languages . .
Old 06-09-2003, 01:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Gina1201
I saw the Lifetime show and I LOVED it!!! It was amazing to see that even though Chakwan and Angelique had opposite tastes that they were able to organize weddings for each other. I have to admit that I liked Chakwan's more since it was outside and I absolutely loved the dolphin ice sculptures!!! It's amazing what you can do when you don't have to worry about money!!

Cause even when I'm a mess
I still put on a vest
With an 'S' on my chest
Oh yes, I'm a SUPERWOMAN