GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,199
3 members and 1,196 guests
Cookiez17, LaneSig

Old 09-19-2009, 04:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to WhiteDaisy128
At NCSU, most chapters wear the exact same thing for Skit Night (round 3) and preference (round 4). For Open House (round 1), and House Tours (round 2), they wear similar things, but not exact. For preference, most chapters have a seamstress come in and measure all the girls at chapter one night and then have the dresses made. Then they are passed down from Seniors to Freshmen...and new accessories are paired with them each year (different jewelry or ribbons, etc.).

For Skit night, bulk orders are usually made. I know the pink & blue dresses the DG's are wearing were bulk ordered (at a discount) from J Crew.

DG (and Chi Omega) also required Jack Rogers this year (and last year too, I think). It can definitely get expensive, but things are ordered at a discount.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-19-2009, 04:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to WhiteDaisy128
Here are the DG @ NCSU Pref. dresses for 2008 (same back dress as 2009, different ribbon -- sometimes they add/take away straps as well):

Oh, and I'm trying to find a picture of ADPi's preference dresses...they are so pretty. They do wear the exact same thing each year...and it's stunning. Black dresses with white gloves...it looks so pretty with their name tags and badges.

Last edited by WhiteDaisy128; 09-19-2009 at 04:29 AM. Reason: ADPi
Old 09-19-2009, 09:46 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm with SWTXBelle, I am from the days of identical dressing. To quote, "It was the best of times. It was the worst of times."

Love the pics! Keep posting!
Old 09-19-2009, 12:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Guess no frills hasn't made it to NCSU!
Old 09-19-2009, 01:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihearttrisigma View Post
Finally, the Chi O's in Lilly bring a tear to my preppy loving eye!
Agreed.
Old 09-19-2009, 01:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Taking the "Frills" rush to a new high, did you notice that the Chi O's in Lily are also sporting identical shoes?
Old 09-19-2009, 10:27 PM
GreekChat Member

The pics look adorable....but I remember what it was like ordering a "rush wardrobe" while on a tight budget. As another poster stated, "it was the best of times, it was the worst of times."
Old 09-19-2009, 11:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteDaisy128 View Post
Then they are passed down from Seniors to Freshmen...and new accessories are paired with them each year (different jewelry or ribbons, etc.).
Well, that's great to hear!! I couldn't imagine having to afford a whole wardrobe each year!

I thought it was tough enough at my chapter to get everyone to agree to purchase maybe 3 shirts that were alike, so I can't even imagine dresses from J.Crew and Jack Rogers sandals. Is this something that is discussed when NM are briefed on the costs of joining a sorority at the school? Obviously, dues and such would be - but is a "Recruitment Clothing" fee also discussed?

Sometimes I WISH I would have went to a larger school with NPC rush!

Last edited by ihearttrisigma; 09-19-2009 at 11:35 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-20-2009, 09:48 PM
sacooperr4

All of these pictures make me SO excited for rush! I'm attending a Southern California school and rush starts Wednesday. I cannot wait!
Old 09-21-2009, 12:13 PM
GreekChat Member

I don't have a ton of pictures from recruitment because we're usually running around the room, frantically getting ready! Here are a few I dug up, though.

This is almost all of the girls in my pledge class (including me!) at our "Kappa & The City" party in January '08.

Most of my pledge class again, but a much less flattering photo of us all. This was at our other '08 theme round, "Kappa's Vineyard". It was like Martha's Vineyard... nautical, preppy, etc. We managed to score a room will a mural of ships, which was great. You can see one of the sisters holding a croquet ball

A few juniors, right before our "Kappa's Boutique" party in January '09.
Old 09-22-2009, 05:03 PM
GreekChat Member

DDD WSU Recruitment

This is a GREAT idea for a new picture thread!
At WSU we're moving towards the 'no frills' recruitment so our vice president of membership and recruitment chair pick the general colors and types of accessories for each day but we're on our own to buy our own clothes. We can get in major trouble (fines from Pan) if we bulk order items. However, the first 2 day of recruitment (know has Pan days) are a bit different, Panhellenic designs a shirt that each chapter wears, we have different colors but it's usually a shirt that helps promotes greek life in general and shows unity. We order these shirts in bulk but what we wear on the bottom, accessories, etc. still need to be different.
Here are some pictures from our recruitment this year!

Pan Day (Days 1 and 2 - 15 parties I think...it changes every year depending on the number of PNMs going through recruitment)
Purple Pan Shirts
Bottoms - Black
Accessories - Black or silver
Shoes - Sandals
Drink - Water

Kailey (Recruitment Chair), Jenna (Reference Chair), Molly (VP of Membership) and Jessica (President)

Part of the PC 08

Part of PC 06 doing the 'SENIOR' dance

House Tour Day (Day 3 - 10 parties)
Sundresses - Coral, Teal, Yellow, Indigo
Asseccories - Whatever goes well with your dress
Shoes - Sandals
*thank god for no heels! someone calculated and if you did all 10 parties you walked up and down 120ish flights of stairs!!
Drink - Kool-Aid mixed with 7Up and water

Kailey (Recruitment Chair) and Molly (VP of Membership)

Caught off guard but lined up on the stairs for a party...don't let this picture fool you, the crowd of women wraps up around the stair case (there's about 70 of us on the staircase!)

Some of the women before the parties started!

Philanthropy Day (Day 4 - 6? parties)
Tops - Neon (yellow, green, pink and orange)
Bottoms - Jean shorts
Accessories - Whatever you want, preferably peace signs, neon stuff, etc.
Shoes - Silver or black gladiators, vans or chucks
Drink - Fruit smoothies

Kailey (Recruitment Chair), Molly (VP of Membership) and Jenna (Reference Chair)

Most of PC 07 lined up for a picture!

Last edited by ddd907; 09-22-2009 at 05:06 PM.
Old 09-22-2009, 05:04 PM
GreekChat Member

DDD WSU Recruitment Cont.

House Tour Day continued

Making a flower

The flower blooming
(As you can tell we got a little bored before the parties started!)

On philanthropy day every chapter does a craft activity, in the past we've decorated tray liners for the children of St. Jude (for in the cafeteria) but this year we decorated party hats for their "No Mo' Chemo" celebration! We used markers and tons of stickers (letters, animals, sports balls, etc.)

Preference Day (Day 5 - 3 parties)
Dress - Black Dress
Accessories - Gold and DDD Pin
Shoes - Flats or heels, whatever you feel most comfortable in
Drink AND Food - Sparkling cider and fruit pizza (aka amazing!)

Our VP of Recruitment wore a black formal romper and was probably the only girl on greek row without a dress on but it looked AMAZING!

Marissa and Jenna (Reference Chair)

Sierra (New Member Educator) and Marissa (Music Chair)

Some of the women on the edge of the lawn

Nikki (Academic Chair) and Kaia (Sponsor Chair)

Last edited by ddd907; 09-22-2009 at 05:08 PM.
Old 10-03-2009, 03:31 AM

Send a message via AIM to Jill1228
UBC's Alpha Phi chapter right before pref. The chapter president is lying down

Old 10-03-2009, 03:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Some of the UC Santa Cruz Kappas on the first day of recruitment. These are the Panhellenic shirts that everyone wears.

Day 2 (Philanthropy). I think the polos are super cute, but they aren't fitted. I believe it says Kappa Kappa Gamma on the back at the bottom.
Old 10-04-2009, 12:06 AM
Super Moderator

Great pictures, y'all! Keep them coming!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee_ess View Post
I'm with SWTXBelle, I am from the days of identical dressing. To quote, "It was the best of times. It was the worst of times."

Love the pics! Keep posting!
Did you & SWTXBelle have chapter fashion shows, to make sure that everyone's hems & heels were the proper height, and other such "important" items?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteDaisy128 View Post
Oh, and I'm trying to find a picture of ADPi's preference dresses...they are so pretty. They do wear the exact same thing each year...and it's stunning. Black dresses with white gloves...it looks so pretty with their name tags and badges.
Oh, please find them! So many chapters do that, and I'd love to see it!

Just out of curiosity, is everyone allowed to take photos during Recruitment now? We were allowed to do so, but I hear that they can't do it now. Seems silly to me!