GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Kappa Gamma

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,128
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, baadamashtolzea
» Online Users: 967
3 members and 964 guests
baadamashtolzea, indygphib, Sarak24034

Old 04-27-2003, 09:46 PM
GreekChat Member

KKG Badge on Ebay

Hi! I don't mean to intrude on your forum, but I wanted to give you a heads up about a Kappa Kappa Gamma badge on EBay, in case you haven't seen it!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=11145
Old 04-27-2003, 09:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks for the heads-up. I read the seller's description and thought it funny he/she used the term "owner's" when describing the info on the back. I also find it suspect that he/she said the family was contacted by a Kappa and that there was no interest or further contact. I'm shocked that a Kappa would knowing let a badge go up for auction instead of contacting HQ or Keepers of the Key. Also, how considerate of the seller to want this to go to a good home! These people really get my dander up!
Old 04-27-2003, 10:00 PM
GreekChat Member

I thought that description was a little odd, too. There was a Phi Mu badge that was on auction that had a similar description, as well.
Old 04-27-2003, 10:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sherbertlemons
He just wanted to keep Kappas off his back. It just seems so simple and so prepared...and it happened TWICE. That is way too big of a coincidence!

Those sellers are just jerks... and I'm inclined to think he's a coward.

Last edited by sherbertlemons; 04-27-2003 at 10:36 PM.
Old 04-29-2003, 08:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Is it common practice to allow items from your sorority to be sold and possibly bought by the general population? I recently saw a few private items from my organization on Ebay and was very offended because who knows if the person seliing it is really a zeta and who's to say that whoever buys it is a zeta or is buying it for a zeta?!
Old 04-29-2003, 09:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Absolutely not! Kappa Kappa Gamma's badge is for members only, but somehow, either through theft or accident, badges are being more times than not sold IMO by unscrupulous, greedy people. One guy in particular drives the price up for fun! He supposedly has a daughter who is Greek as well as his mom.

If you'll take a closer look at eBay, badges from many GLOs are being sold, not just Kappa's. There is a group of Kappas called "Keepers of the Key" whose purpose is to rescue badges from sale to nonmembers. Other GLOs have similar groups.
Old 05-04-2003, 06:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Here's another one ladies!

Engraved on back; Marion Brewster Oct. 13-26
Old 05-04-2003, 09:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks for telling us. Luckily, it looks like a Kappa is the top bidder. Either that, or some pin collector got smart and made a Kappa related sn.

Oh, by the way, does anyone else find it ridiculous how little research some of these sellers bother to do? Every now and then, I go through the badge auctions and look at the pictures. (They're all so pretty!) It amazes me- some of these sellers obviously don't even know the Greek alphabet, when I'm sure it would take all of two seconds to find out using Google. I've seen REALLY recognizable badges mislabled, and badges from professional organizations that are hardly ever bid on, period, have a starting bid of over a hundred dollars. I could tell you just because it shows up on my search for Kappa items that you might as well not even bother listing Delta Kappa Gamma items. It just seems to defy all logic and business sense.
Old 05-04-2003, 09:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Aagh!! Another one!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=12598
Old 05-04-2003, 10:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Ooooh! I'll have to watch that auction. If the price stays low (I'm not holding my breath) I might be able to rescue my first pin!
Old 05-17-2003, 09:42 PM
GreekChat Member

ANNE JOHNSON 3-2-51 Perhaps from Beta Tau?
Old 05-22-2003, 10:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Thanks so much for the heads up on the badges on Ebay. Yes, we have an excellent group, "Keepers of the Keys", who are fabulous detectives and know how to rescue Kappa badges on Ebay. They even know how to save a badge that might have been stolen! And they've saved several and the badge has been returned to its rightful owner. Great work! So, have no fear, anything that might be Kappa related (badges, books, stick pins, photos) that's being offered on Ebay, these ladies know about it! So, tell your friends not to start bidding cuz we don't want Kappas bidding against Kappas. The "Keepers of the Keys" know all of the collectors' screen names, know each others' screen names and work together making sure Kappa memorabilia comes back home to Kappas!
Old 05-22-2003, 03:05 PM
GreekChat Member

DZKKG, was this particular badge rescued and returned to its owner, or were you speaking generally? I hope it's the former!
Old 06-20-2003, 11:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Here's another one you should know about:
http://cgi.aol.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI...category=11145
Old 04-24-2007, 02:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to NikkiB
I just wanted to give a heads up that I'm an ebay addict. I haven't saved any keys or such, but I wanted other Kappas to know my user name is NikkiB92487. <3