GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,246
3 members and 1,243 guests
indygphib, Sarak24034, UofISigKap

Old 02-04-2001, 02:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Question Rush Infractions

What happens when a Rho Chi reveals who she is to the rushees?? And what if she also reveals who the other Rho Chi's are?? Is this considered a rush infraction? Has this ever happened to anyone?? And if so, what was done about it?
Old 02-04-2001, 08:36 PM

Talking

How exactly did she "reveal" her affiliation? Did she say "I'm an XYZ" or did she forget she had her lavalier on? I would say this is fairly severe especially if she revealed others' affiliations too.
Old 02-04-2001, 11:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Unhappy

At my school I know of one Rho Chi who blantly revealed how she loved her sorority and then on pref day "accidently" let it slip she was an ADPi. Some of her group went ADPi but I am sure that they would have anyways. There really isn't anything anyone could do. What.. take their bids away? That isn't fair to them and not only that but it's not their fault their rho chi told them. Anyways, nothing happened, but most of the group went other sororities. They didn't care. I know I didn't care. That's just my experience.

------------------
If your going to go greek, why not be a goddess?
Old 02-05-2001, 09:19 AM

Send a message via AIM to shadokat Send a message via Yahoo to shadokat
When Rho Chis do something as blatant as revealing their affiliation, they should be reported to the Greek Advisor of the campus. I certainly think doing nothing is not the answer, as if they do nothing, the practice will become a problem. Any number of sanctions can be imposed, but sometimes, they make the Rho Chi write letters of apology to her entire Rho Chi group for what she did, along with a letter to all of the sororities on the campus. Also, the woman may be asked to find a speaker who will come in and speak to the new members and sisters of all sororities on the importance of NPC recruitment rules. Really serious punishment is to revoke that chapter's social privileges for a semester or revoke their chapter's privilege in rush for the next semester. I doubt these would happen though.
Old 02-05-2001, 02:55 PM
GreekChat Member

She flat out said I'm from organization XYZ, she's from ABC, and she's from DEF.

There have been a lot of rumors going around about "dirty rushing". I know a few charges have been brought up on the other sororities but I don't know what is going to happen.

The problem with our rush is that one of the other organizations has been trying to pick and choose which rules they are going to follow.
Old 02-05-2001, 03:27 PM
GreekChat Member

One day when I went to pick up my invitations, my PX was wearing a Kappa Delta hat. I though she was trying to trick us, because my PX group had been bugging her about it. It turns out that she really was a KD. And now I think she was just dumb, or didn't really care.

Allie
Old 02-05-2001, 03:39 PM
GreekChat Member

At my school, the Rho Chi's were fined something like $300-400! It was harsh, but it is a big deal. Some of the people posting here say it wouldn't influence them, but it does influence a lot of other people. Rushees already have too much from boyfirends, friends, etc. saying which house they should join. it's hard to know what your rho chi is, then think you can't disappoint her, or if you really want to be in her sorority or whatever. That is a NPC rush infraction, byt the way. it's considered one of the big ones and NPC does say it should be dealt with.
Old 02-05-2001, 04:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Well it certainly the most panhellenic thing to do. I would report it just like any other infraction and let the judicial process deal with it.

If you are in the middle of rush I would not let your chapter get worried and or upset by this. You have to remember that there are things during recruitment your chapter CAN control (how polished your chapter looks, how good your pref is etc) and things you CANNOT control (like a rho chi revealing herself and toher rush infractions that may come up)

Good luck!!
Old 02-06-2001, 12:38 AM
GreekChat Member

I think it would depend on your Panhellenic Judical System. I know at ECU we have workshop after workshop about what the Rho Chis are allowed to do and not do, so it wouldn't matter if it was a key chain or she actually was dirty rushing, it's all the same. I would think the Rho Chi would be asked to step down and Recruitment would go on without her even if it left a chapter one Rho Chi short.