GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2001, 02:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Have a great time! Good luck in recruitment!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-25-2001, 03:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SparkliiQTMTSU Send a message via Yahoo to SparkliiQTMTSU
keep having a blast! Good luck! let us know how it goes.

Nichole
Old 09-25-2001, 08:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to AOIIAngel
Good luck!
Old 09-25-2001, 10:02 AM
GreekChat Member

GOOD LUCK!!!!
Old 09-26-2001, 12:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Smile

So tonight was the sisterhood social. We all met on campus and had ice cream and made these little wreaths for the Greek olympics with Delta Omega Chi fraternity tomorrow night. Mine looked kinda crappy because I have no arts and crafts skills whatsoever but it was fun anyway. We discussed dues which are expensive but doable. I felt much more comfy tonight than I did last night, so that was nice. Plus, I met some more of the girls, so I'm accomplishing my goal for myself so far. I felt kinda bad because I talked with some girls who I rushed with last quarter, and they were in Gamma Phi even though they didn't make it to all of the events. So I'm like, ok, I didn't meet enough people so I didn't get in, but these girls showed up for only one night and they met more people than me? So I feel insecure about things even more now, like the meeting people thing was just an excuse because they didn't like me or something. But if I start thinking like that I will drive myself insane so instead I'm going to focus on how happy everyone seemed to be to see me. So that's my story so far, I'll post again tomorrow night after the fraternity fun!
love, Corina
Old 09-26-2001, 12:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Hey wishinhopin,
good luck with everything, although things are going well with your crush, I am sure things will pick up and look brighter. As for rush and all , have fun, don't worry as much. I think as long as you meet people and have fun you still are the winner no matter what the turn out is. I know it's easier said then done, but remeber you have a lot of support from all of us GCers.
So hang in there and I am sure things will go great
Wishing you the best of luck and happiness
DGPhoney~
Old 09-26-2001, 02:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Great! I cannot wait to hear more. Have a super time! Good luck to you...

Jen
Old 09-26-2001, 07:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Cool hang in there

it sounds like you are looking hot and seeing enough folks.
just be yourself and everything should be terrific.
good luck
mmcat
Old 09-26-2001, 08:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SparkliiQTMTSU Send a message via Yahoo to SparkliiQTMTSU
Hope you're having fun. I cant wait to hear some more!!

Nichole
Old 09-26-2001, 08:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking have a ball

keep things together...
keep your head and soul open.
and let the rest of it fall where it may....
cheers and love sweetie
mmcat
Old 09-27-2001, 12:13 AM
GreekChat Member

I just got back from the "Olympics" with Delta Omega Chi. Basically, a bunch of the members of DOC and Gamma Phi wore togas, and we played silly games like passing oranges around under our chins and stuff. My group cheated and still lost. It sounds lame but it was actually pretty fun, plus I had no problem hanging out with cute boys! Apparently this rush is different from last spring, because tomorrow night is invite only. I guess there are about 50 girls rushing, and only 15 spaces available, so tonight the girls are coming by and dropping off invites for an event tomorrow night, but that doesn't equal a bid. So if I get an invite I'm not in yet. I think my chances are pretty high, but the thing is, if I don't get in, I don't think I'm going to be too worried. Right now I feel like I could go either way, and I'd be ok with it. I'm glad I have this attitude because I wouldn't want to feel all depressed about everything should I not get in. Before I go to sleep tonight I'll post an update regarding if the girls came by or not. Thanks for all the support!
Old 09-27-2001, 12:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Hey Sweetie: I wish you nothing but the best! Whatever happens, you sound like someone who knows who she is and who can stand tall no matter what happens.

You sound like a person who would certainly be an asset to any Greek-letter organization. Good luck.

Greek Love,
Jen
Old 09-27-2001, 03:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Hey everyone,

It's quarter to one here and no sign of the Gamma girls. They said if they showed up it would be late late late. The thing is, I'm not particularly concerned either way. Things will work out like they should, and if I'm meant to be a Gamma Phi then I will be! I'll let you know tomorrow if anything changes!
Old 09-27-2001, 07:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Talking we're with you

it's sounds like you are ok...one way or the other.
hang in there.
what's meant to be will be.
mmcat
Old 09-27-2001, 02:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Unhappy

I guess this is the end of my greekchat career. I got no invite, no phone call letting me know what was going on, no nothing. It just hurts because this time no one can tell me that it was because I didn't meet enough girls. I know all of those girls at this point in time. It has to boil down to the fact that some (or most) of them just didn't like me. I don't like not being liked. I've tried there twice, and it didn't work out, and there isn't another sorority on campus that I'm interested in, so that's just about it for me. I'm confused because I can't imagine why they wouldn't love to have me. I'm smart, pretty, sweet, funny, I have an impressive school schedule and tons of volunteer work, I know all of the girls (if not very well, but at least better than most of the frosh who rushed), and in general I felt like I fit right in. I just don't understand. I don't think I ever will I guess. Thanks to everyone for the advice and support, I'm thinking this is my last post, considering that I don't really have anything else to say here.
Closed Thread