GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Fraternity Recruitment

Fraternity Recruitment Recruitment event ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,130
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zmaisongoogleto
» Online Users: 1,313
3 members and 1,310 guests
naraht, Shellfish

Old 08-19-2013, 12:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Some general Questions

Hi there,

I had some general questions about rushing a fratenity in the fall of 2014.

I will have finished my sophomore year in town, and I'm planning to join Washington State University. I plan to get my MBA at WSU so I will be enrolled for 4 years.
-Does being a third year student kill my chances of possibly joining, even if I am going to be there for 4 years?
-After I finish my senior year, will I cease to be an active member of that house, even if I am still enrolled? I know being in a fraternity is life, but what about the social events and being involved in the house as I get my Masters?

Thanks guys!

Last edited by aijjordan; 08-19-2013 at 12:44 AM.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:00 AM
GreekChat Member

As a sorority member, and never having gone to grad school, I'm pretty far out of my lane here, but you may find that you're a lot busier getting your MBA than you were in undergrad and don't have as much time for a fraternity. Additionally, at that point you'll be 22-26ish, and you may not enjoy spending as much time with 18-year-old bros out to prove how much they can drink, and mixing with 18-y-o girls (and if you do...). You also don't KNOW you'll be going to WSU for your MBA.