GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,424
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, zsamnthajnrz607
» Online Users: 2,802
1 members and 2,801 guests
zsamnthajnrz607

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-22-2018, 03:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Arrested Recruitment

With schools preparing for/finishing up recruitment, I thought it might be fun to share my recruitment story from last winter! I attend a large school in the Northeast with 8 NPC sororities, and although I had prepared by stalking GreekChat, I hadn't gone to any Meet the Sisters events or secured any recs (except for my aunt's sorority). In addition, my best friend had just gone through rush at a certain insanely competitive Midwestern school, had SIPed, and had not received a bid. With this in mind, I started rush knowing any bid was a bid I would accept, to keep an open mind, and to not, under any circumstance, suicide!

I'll be calling the chapters after characters in my favorite TV show, Arrested Development!

BUSTER: This was the house every PNM wanted going in. I didn't know anything about their philanthropy, sisterhood, or vibe, but I was intrigued.

MICHAEL: Going into rush, I thought Michael was my home. There was a religious connection, I loved their house, and I had met many empowered strong Michael sisters I looked up to first semester. Before rush even started, I anticipating running home to Michael.

LINDSAY: Lindsay was the newest sorority at my school. All I had heard about them was that they didn't have a house during recruitment (although they would the following school year).

TOBIAS: Tobias is very strong nationally, and I had Tobias friends at many other schools. However, their reputation wasn't as strong at my school, and I had heard some unflattering things from other PNMs.

GOB: Gob was also very strong nationally, but had a stigma at my school. I really connected with their philanthropy, and was excited to hear more about their charity work!

GEORGE MICHAEL: I knew a lot of PNMs wanted George Michael, but I wasn't connecting with their philanthropy and didn't feel I would fit in. They did have one of the prettiest houses, and I was excited to go in!

MAEBY: This was my aunt's sorority, and I got the feeling it would mean a lot to her if I pledged. However, this was considered one of the 'top' houses and had a reputation for attracting partiers. I wasn't sure if I would fit in here, or if they would be able to see me as a potential sister.

LUCILLE: Lucille was another house that I was attracted to before recruitment. I loved their philanthropy, I had met a lot of amazing Lucille women first semester, and their house was absolutely the most gorgeous on campus.

Up next... first round!

Last edited by jessarose13; 08-23-2018 at 01:48 AM.