GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,446
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, ageldarkz5086
» Online Users: 1,841
2 members and 1,839 guests
oncegreek, TLLK

Old 05-25-2004, 09:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PM_Mama00 Send a message via Yahoo to PM_Mama00
Shoulda been stories

Anyone ever meet that guy that you know just shoulda been together?

I met this guy... P we'll call him... in Spanish class. He sucked at Spanish so I let him copy off of me. I begged him to come to Friday's with us after class, as we usually did. He came. He walked me to my car. We made out. He lived with his fiance and 3 year old son. Then they broke up, he started calling me (about 3 or 4 years later) and always sayin "hey get ur girls and meet me at the bar" and I got annoyed. Then one night I finally gave in. Everything was great and we were gona go to formal together and we got along soooo good and he'd give me sweet kisses goodbye. One thing-- he was still in love with his ex but she doesn't want him back. Two months go by and everything is awesome, except his damn ex. He invites me to Chicago but I ddn't end up goin. Formal came. NOT GOOD. Ever since then it's been sucky. We're still friends, but I think he shoulda given me the chance.

How bout you guys? Any stories like mine? Ok not LIKE mine but you know.

KLTC
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-25-2004, 09:26 PM

Halloween my senior year.

Shoulda hit that.
Old 05-25-2004, 10:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlethiaSi
yea- there are times when I should have just talked to guys and things probably would have happened- and then things happened later- and the guys were like- why didn't you just SAY something?? lol i was like- dude it was high school! In college there were boys here and there but nothing crazy- i might think of a particular story

i def feel you though
Old 05-26-2004, 12:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to swissmiss04
My first non-high school boyfriend. We went out a few months and our relationship was amazing. I won't lie. Yet we never did anything and never even dropped the L bomb. Right before I left for college he decided he couldn't handle long distance and promptly broke my heart. A week later he said he was so sorry and that he wished he never had done it.
We started talking again seriously a couple years later. We had always been friends. He said that he really wanted for us to have another go. I was seeing someone at the time, but told him that I wanted that too. Then he announced he was enlisting in the Air Force. He said that if I would take him back, he would try to be stationed close by. If I wouldn't, he would do his best to go off as far away as possible. We never did hook back up.
Well, life often has other plans for us. He has told my sister on a few occasions that he loves me more than anything and that he will never be with another person because they don't compare. After the way he freaked out and fled, it's hard to trust him. He is stationed less than 2 hrs from here, but we have no plans to ever get back together. It is nice to think what might have happened though.
Old 05-26-2004, 12:33 AM
GreekChat Member

OMG Swissmiss what are you waiting for??? If he's so close then go for it! Or then you'll never know what might've been and you might be passing up the one that you're destined to be with!!

KLTC
Old 05-26-2004, 01:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
Spring sophomore year: I met the most handsome man in the world. A few weeks later we were introduced, but I was too shy to do anything. Junior year I saw him in a bar. We talked. I asked him if he remembered my name. He said, "I can't remember the name of every beautiful woman I meet." It reads as corny, but it was as close to magic as I have ever experienced. I often wonder what ever became of him.
Old 05-26-2004, 02:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Sophomore year of college, my boyfriend and I were on a "break." I started casually dating someone else - the male version of me. We had EVERYTHING in common - like to a freaky degree... needless to say, he was amazing!

We go home for Christmas shortly after we start dating - I am in the same city as the ex, he is several states away. I didn't really know if he was that into me and the ex and I get back together.

Two years later (still with the ex/boyfriend), I'm talking to the male-me and he tells me that he was crazy about me, and still is.

Six months later, my boyfriend and I break up, but he has a new girlfriend by then.

I've always thought of him as the "one that got away." We just talked for the first time in the last two years. Hopefully I will see him again soon!
Old 05-26-2004, 02:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Sister Havana
The second day of second semester freshman year, I went to my freshman honors seminar and found myself sitting across from the most gorgeous guy I'd ever seen. His name was Ryan. Around lunchtime I was sitting in the computer lab in my dorm with my friend Allyson, telling her all about this gorgeous guy I met in class when lo and behold, guess who sent me a BITNET message! (BITNET was kind of the precursor to instant messaging...that's the easiest way to explain it.) Unfortunately, he ended up dropping the class but it turned out that he lived in the same dorm as I did, so we saw each other around quite a bit and got to be pretty good friends.

There was always tons of chemistry between us...but we never dated. In fact, he dated what seemed like every female from the Chicago area who was in the journalism school...except for me. I gave him a hard time about it more than once.

And when he had a problem with these women, guess who he'd come running to for advice? He'd be sitting there telling me his latest tale of woe and I'd be the understanding friend...but inside I was like , wanting to scream "HEY! YOU IDIOT! I'VE BEEN IN LOVE WITH YOU FOR YEARS AND I'D NEVER TREAT YOU LIKE THAT!" I never did, though.

We lost touch when I left IU the first time around. I think he is married now.
Old 05-26-2004, 07:03 AM
GreekChat Member

I had a crush on a boy named John from 2nd grade all the way through high school. We were in all the same accelerated classes in high school and he always teased me about my boyfriends from other schools (who were all LOSERS). At our 5 year class reunion, when we were both married, he told me he had a crush on me all through school too, but that I always had boyfriends from other schools. I would have dropped any one of them for him at any time! Dang boys, ask the girl out for crying out loud. The worst that can happen is that she'll say no.

He wasn't at our 20 year reunion... I think classmates.com says he's in Minnesota now. Oh well!

Dee
Old 05-26-2004, 09:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Last August, I started dating this guy who, had he not been so screwed up from his ex-girlfriend dumping him, I bet I could have been very happy with. He blew me off after a few weeks when he thought he might be able to get back together with the ex, but then several months later I found out he he still really liked me and realized his mistake. Oh well. It was one of those cases where the timing was so off, it wasn't even funny. I'm interested in at least three other guys now, and my best friend thinks she's in love with him, so nothing will ever happen now.
Old 05-27-2004, 01:31 AM
GreekChat Member

There's this guy at work I really care about, but I don't date co-workers. Been there, done that, don't wanna go back. So, I guess he's my shoulda, coulda guy. We get along great, have an amazing chemistry, and most importantly we're really close friends. But, we both realize that working together and dating is too hard. Anyway, I would never want to lose Greg as a friend.

Sometimes, it's hard for us to be around each other because we end up flirting and having our arms around each other....sigh. That's why whenever any of us go out for drinks and Greg shows up, I go home early. I don't want to be stupid and ruin our friendship because I get a little "friendly" when I have a couple of drinks in me.

My thoughts are: If it's meant to happen, it will.
Old 05-27-2004, 08:32 PM

PM_Mama, did that guy and the ex end up getting back together???
Old 05-28-2004, 01:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by KillarneyRose
PM_Mama, did that guy and the ex end up getting back together???
Well he's still talking to me, which means no. She has a protection order against him cuz she's psycho, but he still loves her blah blah blah. He'd never do anything to harm her.

Yeah, I'm still working on him but it's going nowhere.

KLTC
Old 05-28-2004, 01:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by FiReKraCkEr
There's this guy at work I really care about, but I don't date co-workers. Been there, done that, don't wanna go back. So, I guess he's my shoulda, coulda guy. We get along great, have an amazing chemistry, and most importantly we're really close friends. But, we both realize that working together and dating is too hard. Anyway, I would never want to lose Greg as a friend.

Sometimes, it's hard for us to be around each other because we end up flirting and having our arms around each other....sigh. That's why whenever any of us go out for drinks and Greg shows up, I go home early. I don't want to be stupid and ruin our friendship because I get a little "friendly" when I have a couple of drinks in me.

My thoughts are: If it's meant to happen, it will.
You sound like you are living my life. There's another guy from work who's one of my best friends, that I care a lot about too, but I'm afraid to say anything in case I ruin the friendship. Plus, I, too, have done the workplace dating thing (see previous post) and don't want to repeat my mistake.

Good luck!!
Old 05-28-2004, 02:12 PM
GreekChat Member

I had the biggest crush on this guy straight through high school... we had some classes together freshman year and then some more senior year... one of which he sat right behind me so we used to flirt all the time... at Proj Grad I had the opportunity to do something like ask him out or tell him to call me... but I was at that point in my life way too scared to do anything... and I always wonder what might've been....