GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Beta > Beta Sigma Phi
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,252
3 members and 2,249 guests
chi-o_cat, Cookiez17, PGD-GRAD

Old 07-29-2013, 02:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Online Recommendations? What are they used for?

On the Beta international site, I noticed a form where you can recommend a prospective member. I assumed that its supposed to be used to recommend someone who doesn't live close by you who you think might be a good fit for Beta Sigma Phi. Or, am I wrong? I filled one out about a month or so ago for a friend of mine from childhood who is interested in the organization. She wonders what she should expect now that I filled that form out.

I haven't been able to find an answer to this question, but maybe the other Betas here might know.

Thanks!

Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-29-2013, 04:30 PM

International will send her information off to local chapters in her area. It is up to the local chapters in her area to contact her.

If her area does not have local chapters, it will likely go no where, unless she is interested in starting a Friendly Venture.

If your friend knows you submitted a form and is interested in membership, I would encourage her to contact International herself and keep her contact information with International current.

In addition, this is stated at the top of that form:

Please fill out the following form with her contact information. The International Office will share her information with the local Chapters and City Councils in her area for them to invite her to a meeting or social to get acquainted. We recommend she visit more than one chapter (if available) to see the differences in the activities, meeting times and to meet more women. When you have any questions or concerns please call the Rushing Department at 1-888-238-2221.
Old 07-29-2013, 04:35 PM
GreekChat Member

I passed the info on, she lives in an area without a Beta chapter for about 50 miles in any direction. :-(

ETA: The good news is that she will be moving to an area with MANY Beta chapters in about six months! So, I'll suggest that she contacts International again at that time. Couldn't hurt! ;-)

Last edited by misscherrypie; 07-29-2013 at 08:16 PM. Reason: More info