GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Sigma Theta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,166
3 members and 1,163 guests
LarryByday, Low D Flat
Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2004, 08:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Sistermadly
Kimberley looks fabulous. I saw her on something and she mentioned that she's actually trying to break into the Country market. Go ahead, sistergirl!
Old 03-08-2004, 08:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Sistermadly
Kimberley looks fabulous. I saw her on something and she mentioned that she's actually trying to break into the Country market. Go ahead, sistergirl!

You can definitely tell she lost weight. . .she looks like Sara but sings better than Sara.
Old 03-08-2004, 09:15 AM
GreekChat Member

I will be all over Kimberley Locke's CD when it drops. I thought she was the most talented of AI2 and should have won.

...not to mention she's kinda foine.
~ Luke 19:10
Old 03-08-2004, 09:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by TonyB06
I will be all over Kimberley Locke's CD when it drops. I thought she was the most talented of AI2 and should have won.

EXACTLY but umm not the "kinda foine" part. . .really pretty. . . oh and I heard it might be a little bit country, a little bit rock n roll.
Old 03-08-2004, 11:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Does anyone know what happened to Tamyra Gray?
Old 03-08-2004, 05:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I heard the reason she was dropped from J records was due to her diva attitude and trouble working with producers...not sure how much of that is true but it makes no sense that she doesn't have a cd out yet. Simon was one of her biggest fans and even his label hasn't pushed her cd yet so me thinks there may be some truth to those rumors.

Its funny how Kimberley has transformed herself exactly as Simon thought she should (and so many people balled him out about)...she's lost the weight and straightened her hair...and looks great! I'm looking forward to her cd - unlike the yelling Kelly Clarkson Kim can seriously blow!
Old 03-08-2004, 09:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to RBL
Quote:
Originally posted by TonyB06

I was pulling for her the whole time.. you could tell how much of a true talent she was when she use to sing those medleys with Ruben and Clay..far more vocally talented, just not as marketable.. I heard some clips off her CD off her website, Not sure I'll buy the CD though

Old 03-09-2004, 08:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Sistermadly
During Black History Month, CMT (yeah I flip flop over there while surfing), had a special on Blacks in OR NOT in country music. Aspiring artists including Kimberley were interviewed. It was an interesting piece. There was a winner from StarSearch interviewed. She has a Macy Gray look, but is trying to get into the country arena.

A new revolution for country music. Will we see hip-hop merge w/ country. Oh, I forgot Kidd Rock (closest thing to hip hop country has seen)did a lil country diddy.
Old 03-09-2004, 08:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to btb87 Send a message via Yahoo to btb87
Quote:
Originally posted by AKA2D '91
During Black History Month, CMT (yeah I flip flop over there while surfing), had a special on Blacks in OR NOT in country music. Aspiring artists including Kimberley were interviewed. It was an interesting piece. There was a winner from StarSearch interviewed. She has a Macy Gray look, but is trying to get into the country arena.
Soror, that was repeated a couple of days ago as well. . . I saw about 30 minutes or so of it. Quite interesting - wish I had caught it from the beginning.
Old 03-11-2004, 01:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Is anyone else still watching the show? I'm a little disappointed with the final choices (don't know how pen boy slipped through as the audiences choice with that Elvis song) but I am looking forward to watching Jennifer, Fantasia and Latoya duke it out!

I think it was foul how they promised 12 people second chances and then only let 8 sing yesterday, we could have done without the banter heard them sing and just let the audience choose. Not cool.

Til next week!
Old 03-12-2004, 09:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Neosoulchild
Tamyra is in a play adapted from an E. Lyn Harris Book. Jacke' Harry is also in it. I think it is called "Not a Day Goes By"
Is that the name?
Th eplay is coiming to Houston and they have been advertising it on tv and radio.
Old 03-12-2004, 10:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by NaturalDelta
Tamyra is in a play adapted from an E. Lyn Harris Book. Jacke' Harry is also in it. I think it is called "Not a Day Goes By"
Is that the name?
Th eplay is coiming to Houston and they have been advertising it on tv and radio.
That's Trenyce that is in the play unless they had a very recent cast change.
Old 03-13-2004, 09:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by CrimsonTide4
That's Trenyce that is in the play unless they had a very recent cast change.
Yuuuuuuuuuuuuup! You are right.
My bad.
Old 03-17-2004, 12:15 AM
GreekChat Member

I really enjoyed it tonite. I love LaToya, George, Fantasia and Jennifer, but I'd like to see Fantasia take it...
Old 03-17-2004, 08:22 AM
GreekChat Member

I guess you all don't realize that there is an AI 3 thread so this one will be closed.