GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Zeta > Zeta Phi Beta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 308,655
Threads: 114,861
Welcome to our newest member, uoruielu

Old 01-25-2003, 03:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to snowadams
Membership question

Hi,
Okay i'm going to try and explain my question in the clearest way possible. First off, i'm a member of Alpha Chi Omega and while i know there are differences between NPHC and Panhellanic, i think everyone would agree that when you join a sorority you join it for life.

My roommate was a member of Sigma Delta Tau (Panhellanic) for 2 years before you decided she didn't like it and dropped. This past semester she crossed as a Zeta (NPHC). And that's my question... how did Zeta Phi Beta cross her and why would you want someone who already dropped a sorority? The girls on my campus are very confused by this whole situation. While PanHellanic is open about there recruitment process, I know NPHC does things that are kept secret. So if anyone can help me out here, i'd really appreciate it. And i hope none of this comes out in a wrong way. I have nothing but respect for your organization. I'm just trying to understand.
Old 01-25-2003, 02:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Strive
Legally you can join as many sororities you like as long as they are not under the same umbrella. I cannot be a Zeta and AKA, but I could be a Zeta and an Alpha Sig (ASA).

Apparently this young lady must have met the requirements for becoming a Zeta. Zeta cannot discriminate because you are a member of another sorority outside the NPHC.

I am an alumna of Tau Beta Sigma National Honorary Band Sorority and a soror of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Incorporated

Last edited by Strive; 01-25-2003 at 02:22 PM.
Old 01-27-2003, 04:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PrettyKitty Send a message via Yahoo to PrettyKitty
Legally, we as NPHC organizations can not deny admission to a member of an NPC Sorority because of that membership. However, many individuals, and/or chapters might have a problem with this so they might try to deny membership on this basis.