GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,452
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, saphqueen
» Online Users: 2,363
3 members and 2,360 guests
ForeverAOII, PGD-GRAD, saphqueen

Old 08-12-2014, 08:02 PM
GreekChat Member

A Disney SEC Rush Story

Hi everyone! I am currently going through rush at a large SEC school with a large Greek system and I figured that I would share my recruitment story with y’all! It is currently the second day of Philanthropy Day so I’ll be recapping the first 4 days and then I will post every day from here on out! I’m a huge Disney fan so I’ll be using a Disney theme!

Anna
Elsa
Rapunzel
Merida
Tiana
Ariel
Jasmine
Mulan
Pocahontas
Tinker Bell
Belle
Aurora
Cinderella
Snow White
Alice
Megara

Anna – This was my first house and the girls were very nice but I did not feel very comfortable in this house. I’m not sure if I was just tired or nervous but nothing clicked in this house. Their door song was amazing though! 3/10

Elsa – If I had to pick the most enthusiastic house, it would be Elsa. I had a good conversation here but I didn’t fall in love. The girls were so lovely though and I would like to visit this house again. 6/10

Rapunzel – The girl that I talked to was lovely but nothing stood out to me about this house. I wouldn’t mind returning to this house. 5/10

Merida – I loved this house! The house itself was amazing and the girls seemed very interested in me. The conversation went much deeper than it had in the other houses. They also let us sit down which was very refreshing! 9/10

Tiana – This house was beautifully old and I really liked it here! This was the first house that did not rotate girls so I talked to the same girl for the entire party, which I really enjoyed. 8/10

Ariel – This house was gorgeous but I don’t really remember any details about the party. (sorry!) I wrote down that I liked them so I would like to return here. 7/10

Jasmine – I liked this house but I did not feel like I fit in here. The girls were very nice and I wouldn’t mind returning. 6/10

Mulan – I was surprised by how much I loved this house! The girls seemed very sweet and genuine. I could really see myself being a member of this house. The conversation I had seemed more like a conversation with a friend than a forced conversation. 8/10

Pocahontas – I went into rush loving this house and visiting it made me love it even more! I could really see myself here. The first girl that I talked to is planning on working for my dream company. As I was being walked out of the house by another girl, the first girl I talked to found me and told me to contact her if I had any questions about the company. I would love to return to this house! 9/10

Tinker Bell – This house seemed a bit cramped but the girls I talked to really put me at ease. They seemed very chill even though it was the last house of the day. I would like to return here. 8/10

Belle – This house had a great reputation but I felt like the conversation was very fake. I could tell that the girls were not interested in me. I really wouldn’t want to return here. 2/10

Aurora – Sadly, I remember nothing about his house. 5/10

Cinderella – Every girl that I talked to at this house seemed like they couldn’t hold a conversation. I felt very uncomfortable and wanted to leave as soon as possible. I did not want to return here. 2/10

Snow White – These girls seemed very down to earth. I really enjoyed my time at this house and had a very conversation with a few girls. The house seemed very laid back and I could see myself here. 7/10

Alice – I loved this house. The girls I talked to seemed so genuince and sincere. I had an amazing conversation and felt at home here. I would love to return here! 9/10

Megara – I did not like this house. The girl that I talked to glazed over me during the entire conversation. 2/10

Philanthropy Day 1

We received our schedule today. We can get called back to a maximum of 12 houses. The houses that I got called back to are….

Anna
Rapunzel
Mulan
Pocahontas
Cinderella

Needless to say, I was quite surprised by the houses that wanted me to return. The conversations that I thought went awfully apparently went well. I was disappointed that some of my top houses did not ask me to return but my #1 house did ask me back which made me very happy.

Cinderella – I was so glad that I went back to this house because their philanthropy completely changed my position about the house. I ended up loving them. The girl that I talked to was lovely and their philanthropy video made me tear up. They all seemed so passionate about their philanthropy. I hope to be able to return here. 7/10

Mulan – I love this house! They seemed so passionate about their philanthropy but were also able to have a great time with it. I could really see myself at this house and I really hope to return. 9/10

Pocahontas – Every time I visit this, I fall more in love. They did a great job with their philanthropy and everyone in the house seemed to be having an amazing time. The house was gorgeously decorating and I felt very at home here. 9/10

Philanthropy Day 2

Anna – I was really hoping to have the same experience here that I had at Cinderella where I changed my mind on the house but it did not happen. I didn’t have a bad experience here but something just seemed off. I felt out of place in the house and didn’t feel a connection to their philanthropy. 5/10

Rapunzel – I think that Rapunzel did a great job with theming their house around their philanthropy! I really liked their philanthropy and the girls I talked to were very nice! I would like to return here but they still weren’t my favorite 7/10

Wish me luck for Skit Day tomorrow!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-12-2014, 08:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Good luck, Biggreekgirl!
Old 08-12-2014, 08:30 PM
GreekChat Member

I have my fingers crossed for you.
Old 08-12-2014, 08:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Good luck!
Old 08-12-2014, 08:52 PM
Super Moderator

Good wishes heading your way.
Old 08-12-2014, 09:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Good luck finding your home!

My recruitment story: My sorority membership changed my life.
Old 08-12-2014, 10:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Best Wishes for the next round! Thanks for sharing your story!
Old 08-13-2014, 01:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggreekgirl View Post
Hi everyone! I am currently going through rush at a large SEC school with a large Greek system and I figured that I would share my recruitment story with y’all! It is currently the second day of Philanthropy Day so I’ll be recapping the first 4 days and then I will post every day from here on out! I’m a huge Disney fan so I’ll be using a Disney theme!

Anna
Elsa
Rapunzel
Merida
Tiana
Ariel
Jasmine
Mulan
Pocahontas
Tinker Bell
Belle
Aurora
Cinderella
Snow White
Alice
Megara

Anna – This was my first house and the girls were very nice but I did not feel very comfortable in this house. I’m not sure if I was just tired or nervous but nothing clicked in this house. Their door song was amazing though! 3/10

Elsa – If I had to pick the most enthusiastic house, it would be Elsa. I had a good conversation here but I didn’t fall in love. The girls were so lovely though and I would like to visit this house again. 6/10

Rapunzel – The girl that I talked to was lovely but nothing stood out to me about this house. I wouldn’t mind returning to this house. 5/10

Merida – I loved this house! The house itself was amazing and the girls seemed very interested in me. The conversation went much deeper than it had in the other houses. They also let us sit down which was very refreshing! 9/10

Tiana – This house was beautifully old and I really liked it here! This was the first house that did not rotate girls so I talked to the same girl for the entire party, which I really enjoyed. 8/10

Ariel – This house was gorgeous but I don’t really remember any details about the party. (sorry!) I wrote down that I liked them so I would like to return here. 7/10

Jasmine – I liked this house but I did not feel like I fit in here. The girls were very nice and I wouldn’t mind returning. 6/10

Mulan – I was surprised by how much I loved this house! The girls seemed very sweet and genuine. I could really see myself being a member of this house. The conversation I had seemed more like a conversation with a friend than a forced conversation. 8/10

Pocahontas – I went into rush loving this house and visiting it made me love it even more! I could really see myself here. The first girl that I talked to is planning on working for my dream company. As I was being walked out of the house by another girl, the first girl I talked to found me and told me to contact her if I had any questions about the company. I would love to return to this house! 9/10

Tinker Bell – This house seemed a bit cramped but the girls I talked to really put me at ease. They seemed very chill even though it was the last house of the day. I would like to return here. 8/10

Belle – This house had a great reputation but I felt like the conversation was very fake. I could tell that the girls were not interested in me. I really wouldn’t want to return here. 2/10

Aurora – Sadly, I remember nothing about his house. 5/10

Cinderella – Every girl that I talked to at this house seemed like they couldn’t hold a conversation. I felt very uncomfortable and wanted to leave as soon as possible. I did not want to return here. 2/10

Snow White – These girls seemed very down to earth. I really enjoyed my time at this house and had a very conversation with a few girls. The house seemed very laid back and I could see myself here. 7/10

Alice – I loved this house. The girls I talked to seemed so genuince and sincere. I had an amazing conversation and felt at home here. I would love to return here! 9/10

Megara – I did not like this house. The girl that I talked to glazed over me during the entire conversation. 2/10

Philanthropy Day 1

We received our schedule today. We can get called back to a maximum of 12 houses. The houses that I got called back to are….

Anna
Rapunzel
Mulan
Pocahontas
Cinderella

Needless to say, I was quite surprised by the houses that wanted me to return. The conversations that I thought went awfully apparently went well. I was disappointed that some of my top houses did not ask me to return but my #1 house did ask me back which made me very happy.

Cinderella – I was so glad that I went back to this house because their philanthropy completely changed my position about the house. I ended up loving them. The girl that I talked to was lovely and their philanthropy video made me tear up. They all seemed so passionate about their philanthropy. I hope to be able to return here. 7/10

Mulan – I love this house! They seemed so passionate about their philanthropy but were also able to have a great time with it. I could really see myself at this house and I really hope to return. 9/10

Pocahontas – Every time I visit this, I fall more in love. They did a great job with their philanthropy and everyone in the house seemed to be having an amazing time. The house was gorgeously decorating and I felt very at home here. 9/10

Philanthropy Day 2

Anna – I was really hoping to have the same experience here that I had at Cinderella where I changed my mind on the house but it did not happen. I didn’t have a bad experience here but something just seemed off. I felt out of place in the house and didn’t feel a connection to their philanthropy. 5/10

Rapunzel – I think that Rapunzel did a great job with theming their house around their philanthropy! I really liked their philanthropy and the girls I talked to were very nice! I would like to return here but they still weren’t my favorite 7/10

Wish me luck for Skit Day tomorrow!
QFP

Old 08-16-2014, 10:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Good luck!

Question for those who know SEC recruitment, is it typical for a PNM to go from 16 houses during open house rounds to 5 on philanthropy (out of a possible 12). That just seems like super heavy cuts. Maybe it's because my experience is with PAC 12 schools, where the first round is usually grade cuts, but wow that seems harsh.

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 08-17-2014, 12:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUADPi View Post
Good luck!

Question for those who know SEC recruitment, is it typical for a PNM to go from 16 houses during open house rounds to 5 on philanthropy (out of a possible 12). That just seems like super heavy cuts. Maybe it's because my experience is with PAC 12 schools, where the first round is usually grade cuts, but wow that seems harsh.
It's a little harsh.
It certainly narrows the field in a hurry!

Old 08-17-2014, 01:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Good luck! Just remember to keep an open mind.
Old 08-17-2014, 02:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Since the OP hasn't been back, I have a bad feeling she may not have had a successful recruitment.
Old 08-17-2014, 09:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Since I have no idea what school she is at (I'm guessing either Alabama, UGA or Auburn), Alabama has finished recruitment, I'm not sure about the other two. She either is having too much fun with her new sisters or recruitment isn't over yet.

If she hasn't posted by the end of this week, I'm thinking you be right Sciencewoman.

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 08-18-2014, 01:03 AM
GreekChat Member

16 - it's Alabama.

biggreekgirl, I hope you will participate in Week of Welcome and go to Get on Board Day. There are LOTS of fun organizations on Alabama's campus that will get out out of the dorm and making friends.
And after the hoopla of bid day, there ARE other paths to sorority membership. Check out Sigma Delta Tau and Alpha Delta Chi, two sororities that will be hosting recruitment activities very soon. The should be a multi-cultural sorority around, plus the NPHC groups, and Continuous Open Bidding may open soon for the NPC groups.

Please get out and get involved! Only 30% of the campus is Greek - the majority - 70% - are NOT. Make UA your own!

Last edited by AnchorAlumna; 08-18-2014 at 01:08 AM.
Old 08-19-2014, 01:54 AM
GreekChat Member

I keep popping in hoping for the "I was just out having fun with my friends" post. It's like checking to see if my show is on Hulu yet.

All of my love, my peace, and happiness...I'm gonna give it to DELTA.