GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 308,522
Threads: 114,855
Welcome to our newest member, SanfordJer

Old 09-28-2010, 03:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Freshmen Transfer

What do they look at when you are a freshmen-transfer in sororities exactly, because I didn't do that relatively well in high school but in college my gpa is a lot better? Do they care so much about what happened in high school as far as grades go since the grades in college are a lot better? Thanks
Old 09-28-2010, 03:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECGirl View Post
What do they look at when you are a freshmen-transfer in sororities exactly, because I didn't do that relatively well in high school but in college my gpa is a lot better? Do they care so much about what happened in high school as far as grades go since the grades in college are a lot better? Thanks

Who's "they"? No one here can answer your question. No one here can speak as authority on selection criteria.

If you didn't do great in high school, focus on your college studies because you won't be considered for any sorority with mediocre grades, especially in the SEC.
Old 09-28-2010, 03:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Always AlphaGam View Post
Who's "they"? No one here can answer your question. No one here can speak as authority on selection criteria.

If you didn't do great in high school, focus on your college studies because you won't be considered for any sorority with mediocre grades, especially in the SEC.
I was referring to sororities in general. Do sororities in general look more at your high school grades, or college grades if you already have taken college courses but are not yet considered a sophomore. Thanks for the help
Old 09-28-2010, 03:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
If you are asking what GPA sororities will look at after you transfer, they will likely be paying attention to your college GPA. But to get a definite answer, you need to call your new school's Greek life office. Have a list of questions like these ready.

"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five."
Groucho Marx
Old 09-28-2010, 03:59 PM
GreekChat Member

You should be able to find the minimum GPA requirements for your campus on their greek life website. That number is not flexible, so if you're "just a little below that" you're not ready to go through recruitment.
Old 09-28-2010, 04:53 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alumiyum View Post
If you are asking what GPA sororities will look at after you transfer, they will likely be paying attention to your college GPA. But to get a definite answer, you need to call your new school's Greek life office. Have a list of questions like these ready.

this!
Old 09-28-2010, 07:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Wait a minute. You are a Freshman but your GPA in college is ALREADY better. You have been there maybe 2 months and already know that?
Old 09-28-2010, 07:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzgirl View Post
Wait a minute. You are a Freshman but your GPA in college is ALREADY better. You have been there maybe 2 months and already know that?
I keep every graded homework/paper/test recorded for every class (and keep an attendance record for myself) so I know at any time what my grade in every class is. Even if she just knows she's gotten all A/Bs on her latest projects and knows she'll keep it up, it isn't unreasonable to say her GPA will be better.

Groucho Marx
Old 09-28-2010, 10:15 PM
Super Moderator

maybe she took courses over the summer.
Old 09-29-2010, 01:17 AM
GreekChat Member

As far as I know, college doesn't mix your college GPA with your high school GPA.
Old 09-29-2010, 01:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alumiyum View Post
I keep every graded homework/paper/test recorded for every class (and keep an attendance record for myself) so I know at any time what my grade in every class is. Even if she just knows she's gotten all A/Bs on her latest projects and knows she'll keep it up, it isn't unreasonable to say her GPA will be better.
Thank you for helping me out along with everyone else
well i know what i need to get and expect nothing less of myself and as far as the grades that I have received so far, I know my college GPA is, has to be, and will be better then my high school GPA. But I was just curious if they paid more attention to your college grades even if there isnt many and your still considered a freshmen compared to your high school grades. Alumiyum youve been a lot of help answering I'll my questions and I will do that, I'm just wonderfull what everyone else thinks also. Thanks again!
Old 09-29-2010, 07:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Thank you for helping me out along with everyone else
well i know what i need to get and expect nothing less of myself and as far as the grades that I have received so far, I know my college GPA is, has to be, and will be better then my high school GPA. But I was just curious if they paid more attention to your college grades even if there isnt many and your still considered a freshmen compared to your high school grades. Alumiyum youve been a lot of help answering I'll my questions and I will do that, I'm just wonderfull what everyone else thinks also. Thanks again!
You're welcome, and good luck! Just work hard on your academic career no matter what...that's why you're going to college in the first place. Make sure to ask your Greek life office before recruitment if you still have questions.

Groucho Marx
Old 09-29-2010, 08:32 AM
Super Moderator

SECgirl, From the schools that i have been involved with during recruitment, they are most concerned with your most recent GPA-so, if you are a brand new, never attended a college class in your life freshman, then they will use that GPA. If you have a college GPA, even if it is just for one semester, if it is the most recent, that is what the Greek life office will be using.