GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,426
3 members and 1,423 guests
aantonygooglet9, Xidelt

Old 08-19-2007, 01:19 PM
GreekChat Member

My cousin's UT recruitment

I just got a call from my cousin at UT. She's going to call me back later with details, but out of her four favorite from last night, she was invited to 3. She was invited to others, too, but she wanted to let me know who her faves were. lol Can't wait to hear the details when she calls back! In the meantime, I need to come up with some clever code names. haha
Old 08-19-2007, 02:23 PM
Super Moderator

Good luck to your cousin! I guess she's playing "Texas Hold 'em" and is playing her cards close to the vest!
Old 08-19-2007, 02:33 PM
GreekChat Member

UT Texas or UT Tennessee?

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 08-19-2007, 02:57 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm gonna guess she's talking about Tennessee, right Heather?
Old 08-19-2007, 04:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Yep! U of Tennessee! I just got off the phone with her and here's what she had to say...

(I can't think of anything super creative, so I'll just go with NFL teams!)

Steelers - Didn't like this group at all. She felt like they were fake and she didn't click with them at any point.

Bears - Really liked this sorority and really liked the girls she met, but wasn't sure if she'd fit in with them or not. They seemed really down to earth and fun. This was one of her top 4 favorites.

Seahawks - This sorority was okay. They also seemed laidback. Active in intramurals. Nice, but not a favorite.

Rams - Liked this sorority, but didn't feel like she'd fit in.

Ravens - Least favorite. Very girly girls. lol Giggly, kinda fake and she felt like they were trying too hard.

Jaguars - Down to earth girls. Felt like they were active on campus and Greek life. She liked them, but they weren't one of her favorites.

Patriots - Really liked the sorority, but the person recruiting her wasn't that great. Hopes to meet more people next round. They seemed laid back and "real". One of her top four.

Giants - Loved this group. Girls seemed fun, laidback and real. In the top four.

Cowboys - Clicked well with these ladies. Felt like they were a good sorority on campus. Had easy conversations with the girls she spoke with. Top four.

Cardinals - Liked the girl that was rushing her, but didn't feel like she clicked with her or the sorority. A lot of people seemed fake to her.

Colts - Didn't like this one at all. Way too girly for her. Did not leave a good impression on her.

Panthers - Felt like the conversation was forced. They seemed okay as a group, but she's unsure on how she feels about them. Hoping she will talk to someone new next round.

Packers - Girls seemed weird. Didn't click at all. Her rusher was informative, but she doesn't care for this group at all.

So, she's going back to the Seahawks, Jaguars, Patriots, Giants, Cowboys, Panthers and Packers. She's a little nervous that she was cut by so many and I was really surprised. Beautiful girl, amazing resume and educational history, great personality. But all the ones she got cut by, except for the Bears, she couldn't see herself joining anyway. I tried to make that a positive for her. She has philanthropy rounds tomorrow and the next day.

Her friends that are going through...
K was cut by the Bears and the Ravens. She cut the Packers. Her favorites so far are the Rams and the Giants. She's a legacy of the Colts.

S (one of my rec girls) was cut by her favorite, the Giants. My cousin wasn't sure about all of her detals because they didn't have long to talk. She just knows that the Colts are her least favorite.

I know 3 other girls going through up there, but haven't heard from their family here on how things are going.

So, that's round one! I know it's not really descriptive, but it was the first night and she was really looking to see who felt "real" and who didn't, where she clicked and what vibe they gave off.
Old 08-20-2007, 09:03 AM
GreekChat Member

you make me sad.....the COLTS are my fav. NFL team, and she doesn't like them at all!!

Good luck to her! I know that there are TONS of beautiful women going through recruitment and a lot of "big names" this year. Every sorority woman is working EXTRA hard!
Old 09-12-2007, 12:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to RedFox
all I can say is..GO VOLS!