GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,089
0 members and 1,089 guests
No Members online

Old 03-27-2002, 11:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Did I mention that I:
  • can fit 19 grapes into my mouth at one time.
  • have never used or even seen pot in real life before.
  • have never been outside the USA.
  • have 2 degrees.
  • am allergic to chocolate.
  • have never held or shot a gun.
  • have 2 tattoos.
  • have an odd last name - and i live on my own road named after my family
  • can sleep 6 hours, roll over, and sleep 6 more.

Last edited by volgirl2376; 03-27-2002 at 11:24 PM.
Old 03-27-2002, 11:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
Everyone is so interesting. Here are some facts about me:
I don't have a driver's license.
I have red curly hair and freckles.
I've never had a tan.
I got my first pair of eyeglasses when I was 18 months.
I've never broken a bone.
I started taking college classes for gifted children when I was eleven.
I'm the oldest child in my family as was my mother and her mother and her mother. We were all born in February also.
I have an Irish name.
I've never been outside of New York State for more than one month.
I went to Ireland when I was seven.
I was born in the middle of a huge blizzard.
I was on my sorority chapter's Executive Board for five semesters.
Old 03-27-2002, 11:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to xok85xo
hmm this is fun!

when i was 4 i was the poster child for poison control in the state of nj(i was in all of the newspapers)

me, my mom & my dad were all born in the same hospital

in the past 6 years i've moved almost 20 times

after i graduated high school i followed the band phish

i can't fall asleep without my tv on because i am terrified of the dark

I have only been out of the US once and that was to Juarez, mexico for 1 night

i can dislocate my shoulders
Old 03-28-2002, 12:22 AM
GreekChat Member

My turn:

I have lived in Holland, Germany, San Antonio, Louisville, St. Louis, Carbondale (IL), Indiana and Chicago in my 22 years.

I have almost been killed by a nut. I am allergic to Brazil nuts; if I eat them, my throat swells up. I have had to go to the hospital and receive Benadryl via IV.

My hair is dark brown, but I have freckles and light blue eyes.

I owned a Desert-Bred Arabian horse. whose bloodlines come straight from the Saudi desert. There are only about 600 of these horses in the United States, and now its illegal to take these horses out of the Middle East.

My longest relationship has been 4 months.

The actor who played Chunk on the Goonies hit on me at an LA bar.

In the last year, I have seen both the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans and the Gulf of Mexico and Lake Michigan.

My job involves calling every police and fire department in the Northwest suburbs of Chicago every night.

I broke my mirror off my car the other day as I was trying to back my car out of the garage in 1.5 inches of snow. My car also needs to be washed.

I want to marry a University of Kentucky basketball player. But a St. Louis Cardinal baseball player will do, too.

My little brother got accepted to the University of Missouri Rolla where he wants to go to school for engineering and he wants go greek as well.

I am looking at graduate school at Arizona State in the fall of 2003.

I cry at sappy movies, commercials and television shows.
Old 03-28-2002, 01:24 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to prospectiverushee
Question Did You Know

my first name means the Queen of Sheba
I have to sleep with the tv on at night because I'm afraid of the dark
I didn't get my drivers license till 1995
I have only had 2 drivers license from 2 different states(Michigan and Louisiana)
I have never broken a bone
I was in the Air Force for 30 days
I don't like to drive on the highway and will find a way to take the streets to get to where I need to go
I have never had the messals or mumps
When I park my car in lot like at the mall or something,my car has to be perfectly straight in between the two lines. If the car is not straight, I keep trying to straighten it out till it is
I have always had a customer service type job
I am register with about 7 temp agencies here in Dallas
Old 03-28-2002, 01:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up Awesome thread

Hmmm weird stuff about me....

My right leg is over an inch longer than my left due to me breaking it when I was three.

Even though I always wear contacts, I haven't had a pair of glasses in the past 4 years - I wear my contacts everyday (someone told me that was weird once).

I got a 34 on my ACT's scoring a perfect 36 on both the Reading and the Science sections, and only missing 5 questions on the whole test.

My seventh grade math teacher is the mom to one of the members of the Get Up Kids who toured with Weezer last spring.

My last name is spelled Mickells but pronounced Michaels, and was originally Mihalovich in Croatia. The change and subsequent "misspelling" was due to the official at Ellis Island telling my great-grandfather how to spell Mickells the way we do.

My grandmother's maiden name is Cavlovic which is Dragon in Croation, kinda cool that I ended up being a Beta, with our mascot being the dragon.

My oldest friend and I "met" for the first time when our mothers were both still pregnant with us. He moved in behind me when we were both three!

My closest HS friend played football with Darren Sproles (who is one of Kansas State's best running backs, and possible starter) and got his autograph in third grade. He also got Wayne Simian's (who plays basketball for Kansas now) after playing against him in fifth grade. He's since lost both.

My dad's birthday is my half birthday and thusly my birthday is his half.

I went through a whole semester of Ninth grade history with out missing a point on any assignment or test-

In eighth grade we had to learn about the Constitution, and in the pretest for the unit (the previous years test...our score on the pretest was extra credit) I was the only person in history of the school to actually get a passing grade on the pretest and I got a 74. The next closest grade was a 43, that year-which would have been the best grade ever if I hadn't been there. They changed the way the unit was taught so my record stands!

Also in eighth grade my english teacher was the wife of our Congressman, and on our trip to Washington DC we got to the top of the Capital Dome and then go outside-directly below the statue.

I wanted to be an astronaut in eighth grade after my second year of Space camp and a trip to Air Force academy during vacation.

I know how to waltz from my time in a Cotillion - ask me to see the pictures.
Old 03-28-2002, 02:35 AM
GreekChat Member

This is so odd to see so many people with one limb shorter than the other. My right leg was 2.35 inches shorter than my left. I just had all three of the bones in my right leg broken a year ago to correct it.

Another interesting fact about me. I am not only the oldest person in my pledge class, but the oldest in my house!

I have read every book by Heinlen.

I cannot spell.

I played on a boy's football team when I was 13. I also played on the boy's golf team.

I own every album Lisa Loeb has ever released. (including imports and singles)

I auditioned for the real world new orleans.

I am probably the only 250lb girl you will ever meet who is for the most part comfortable with her weight and apearance.

TG
Old 03-28-2002, 03:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

I always enter a room with my right foot forward. (I'm Miss Superstition)

I sew a lot and have made many things (pillows, blankets, etc.) for my sisters.

I got an 800 on my SAT II: Writing. (But of course a less-than-praiseworthy score on my Math section!)

I am so terrified of ants that once I saw one on my blanket and could not sleep all night! In fact, I'm terrified of almost all bugs.

I own every book in the Ramona Quimby series, and from time to time, I still read them!

I work part time as a Prescriptives Makeup Artist. Thus, I always do my sisters' makeup, and I'm not too bad as a hair colorist, either!

I have visited every state in the United States.

I lived in Singapore for one year.

I am fluent in three languages.

I never saw snow in person till I was 18 years old.

My daredevil friend talked me into bungee jumping, and I did, and the whole time my nose was running and I swore I felt like I was about to die. I am so afraid of heights that I refuse to go on even those Delta Flyers that transport you from one end of an amusement park to another. (I'm sure someone's snickering right about now.)
Old 03-28-2002, 04:46 AM
GreekChat Member

- I graduated #2 in my HS class with a GPA of 3.983 (1 B for all of HS)

- My parents and my boyfriends parents have known each other for such a long time that there are pictures of us together as babies!

- I have only dated one person in my whole life - and we've been together over 4.5 years

- I sleep with my Teddy bear EVERY NIGHT - he's been to Mexico, Canada, all over with me. If I don't bring him on vacation, he stays with a family member while I'm away.

- I have several years worth of SNICK (Nickelodeon's Saturday night TV block) on tape. Many many episodes of Clarissa Explains it all, Roundhouse and (my favorite) Ren an Stimpy. And one day, I will catalogue them all.

- I LOVE Hello Kitty.

- I've had a TV in my room since I was 2. I can't sleep w/o the TV on.
Old 03-28-2002, 07:17 AM
GreekChat Member

I started breaking horses around 11 ala Horsewhisperer.

I have perfect pitch and was the only one to get a 1 rating from my city at solo competition the year I moved to Corpus.

I was the voices for a anti-drug puppet show for the League.

I was "carded" at 37-DON'T ASK ME WHY?!?

I am REALLY funny in person, but my husband never "gets' my jokes...(bummer)

I CAN'T SPELL!

I can see auras.

I was once mistaken for Miss October Playboy...1974. (Or was that a line!)

I can recite poetry out the WAZOO!

I am a great storyteller and children love me as I love all chidren.

I have been mistaken for every nationality except Asian.

I will always be considered a bit eccentric. NOT ODD just enough so people find me interesting.

I know quite a bit about things that matter to no one!
Old 03-28-2002, 12:17 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Siobhan
Ok thought of a couple more...

-I live in Canada but hate cold weather and snow

-I live in Vancouver but hate rain

-my parents were out in our garden setting up for my 2nd birthday party when Mt. Saint Helen's erupted

-even though I'm born on June 1st the majority of people I meet will say "oh cool you're born on Canada Day..." (July 1st)

-I keep up my French by watching the French CBC and other French Canadian programming.

Last edited by Siobhan; 03-28-2002 at 02:08 PM.
Old 03-28-2002, 12:55 PM
GreekChat Member

This thread is awesome!! My unique facts:

- My mom is 20 years older than me, and I'm 20 years older than my little brother

-What is it about being a make-up artist?? So funny, b/c I always say that if Nursing doesn't work out for me, I want to do people's make-up. At an Xmas party my best friend threw, I did her make-up, her sisters make-up, and her mother's make-up

-When I was 12, I spent 2 weeks in Italy and if I ever get to go back, I'm staying there.

-My family has our own oil company-my grandfather started it, and it's name is the same as my last name. It's also as old as I am.

-Every car I've had has been blue. I didn't do that intentionally, it just happens like that.

-I have a Vanilla Ice tape...that I still listen to somethimes.

-My great-grandfather was in the Italian Mafia in St. Louis

-I've never had a broken bone (knock on wood!)

-I was supposed to be born on July 4th, but in typical XO_Princess fashion, I was 9 days late.

-I own every Robert Earl Keen CD he's every released..even the very early stuff. And I never miss him in concert.
Old 03-28-2002, 06:57 PM
GreekChat Member

-I was born with a cleft lip. Because of this, I have had a plastic surgeon since the day I was born. Because of this I speak with a slight (that's what people tell me) sibilant S (sp?). Personally, it annoys the hell out of me and I think it's worse than it is.

-The day before my 11th birthday, I was attacked by a dog, and now can say I have recieved over 200 stitches on my face. Ironically, I have a fear of needles and doctors.

-I have never broken a bone (knock on wood)

-My mother is English (still). Everyone loves her accent and I have never heard it.

-My step/half sister is 34. That's 13 years older than me. I haven't seen her since I was 3. (give or take)

-Every car I have ever had has been red.

-It is one of my goals to become a published author. (I've had writters block for over 2 years)

-I've never been to a concert.

-I've never been to Disney Land, but I have been to: Canada, Baja, England, Scotland, Wales, France, Italy, Spain, and Holland.

-My mom took me to my first bar and my dad bought me my first drink, both while underage and both while out of the counry at different times.

-I want to be famous.
Old 03-28-2002, 09:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Y'all are so interesting!! I love this thread.

Let's see

I'm 25 years old and still don't know how to ride a bike

Although I have a BM in percussion and am a qualified band director, I much prefer to sing and I've studied classical voice (which will continue after I'm done with this Accutane junk)

I have never seen a cow or any other farm animal except from the highway

Never saw a mountain until I was 22

Never saw an ocean until I was 14

I'm a fifth-generation American. I truly hate it when people ask me "what I am" and I respond "American" and they get all cranky.

When I was 14, I wrote a full-length novel and was a finalist in the Avon Flare Young Adult Novel Competition.

Brooklineu, I now feel the need to go home and count my books...I know I have a lot (it goes with the job)

I've never traveled outside the US, but KappaStarboy and I are going to London when the 7th Harry Potter is released.

I'm the only member of my family who does NOT drive a Ford Taurus

And my best fact: I am the best whistler I know besides my dad. I can whistle symphonies without moving my lips. Drives people crazy.
Old 03-28-2002, 10:03 PM

Well some people would say I am VERY unique (i.e. weird) but there are two stand-out weird things about me.

1. I have never had any part of my body, including my ears, pierced. (very helpful when playing I Never)

2. I can bend my toes backwards underneath my feet with absolutely no pain. The only other person I've met who can do this is my cousin. The kicker: he's adopted.