GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,211
1 members and 1,210 guests
JayhawkAOII

Old 01-12-2018, 03:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Havana View Post
I'm not surprised. IU pretty much never cancels classes.
Pretty much, yes.

Hoping all of the women stay safe tonight and this weekend. The sidewalks may be slick tonight when the temperature drops. Wishing everyone involved a great weekend!
Old 01-12-2018, 04:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Sending best wishes to all moms and their daughters! I don't know about all of you, but still waiting to hear about 9 party round. So exciting and nerve-racking at the same time!
Old 01-12-2018, 04:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Still waiting...��
Old 01-12-2018, 04:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Two good songs on my playlist today:

It's A Great Life! by the Fifth Dimension

Don't Worry Be Happy by Bobby McFerrin

Do not worry about that which you cannot control. All will work out in the end.

It's only words, and words are all I have to take your heart away.
Old 01-12-2018, 04:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Daughter just called, from her initial 5 she only lost 1 and is now down to 4 so she was happy with that. She has one party tonight and 3 tomorrow. Her favorite is still on her list and the one she lost was her 2nd favorite. Overall, she was very happy with her list. She was getting ready for her first one tonight since it starts at 6pm. We will talk to her later tonight.
Old 01-12-2018, 05:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Hoping that everyone else involved in this process is doing well. My daughter just called deeply disappointed that she was cut by her top 3, including her legacy chapter .

She has a full 9 schedule but only one of her top 4 remains and trying to convince her to stay positive and hope that the one she still REALLY likes will be there on Tuesday has been a hard sell.

She is nursing her disappointment and trying to get ready for the parties. Oh boy! I feel worse than I did when I got cut from some of my favorites myself, oh so long ago.
Old 01-12-2018, 05:10 PM
GreekChat Member

My goddaughter has 7 return invites and is happy with all of them. She told me she was very happy and there wasn't one chapter that cut her that she was really sad about. She is keeping an open mind about the chapters she's visiting this weekend and looking forward to the sisterhood round.
Old 01-12-2018, 05:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Heard from my daughter as well. She has 8 to go to - a mix of her top and bottom and is feeling pretty good about having what she has. We all know it only takes 1 and after having lived through the very highs and lows with my older daughter - she has seen firsthand that it really does work out the way it's supposed to. As I told my daughter, you have only met these girls for a little more than an hour and they you. It is a numbers game to a certain extent.

I think this round really does start to shift things for the girls and they start to see a different perspective of each house, especially ones that might not have been their favorites. And the chapters they have on their list see something in them that says "sister." Wishing your daughters the best!
Old 01-12-2018, 05:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Finally heard from my daughter. She has 9 parties with a mix of interest. Her roommate went from 16 to 2 she is not interested in and has chosen to drop. I’m very sad for her. I wish she would at least finish and then decide.
Old 01-12-2018, 06:44 PM
GreekChat Member

With a large recruitment like IU, the first round is a whirlwind, and the second is slightly less so. During the third round, PNMs will start to get a better feel for the sisterhood of the chapter, and those keeping an open mind will really start to get a feel for where they fit.

For those going in with set favorites at this point, it's just too early in the process to get too attached, give up, or feel sincerely disappointed because the group you just LOVED after two days or "Top Tier XYZ" didn't invite you back. Easier said than done if you're 18 but PNMs really should be looking for the HOME where they'll be HAPPY long term. It's not about the reputation or the letters.

That being said, the PNMs will start to feel some serious connections after round 3, and with only 2 Pref invites, there's bound to be some disappointment. And being released by a legacy group can definitely hurt.

In the long run, it's about the relationships you build, and the supportive home away from home that ALL NPC groups offer.

Last edited by Sciencewoman; 01-12-2018 at 06:54 PM.
Old 01-12-2018, 07:08 PM
GreekChat Member

My daughter got back 5 with her legacy still on the list. One party tonight and 4 tomorrow. She was surprised by 2 that cut her this last round but happy to have the list she has. Thankful to this site for certain phrases. Her party tonight is at house she has no idea why they keep having her back, I reminded her to have an open mind and that "they must see something they like" Her party just ended excited to hear how it went.
Old 01-12-2018, 08:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Rough night for some of my daughters friends, several are upset with what they got back, don't think they were prepared for the harsh cuts. Her roommate got back 4 and all houses she wasn't interested in. She is still going through it though. Another friend said 3 girls from her group dropped tonight after getting their lists back.

Daughter said she had a good visit tonight and feels better about what to expect tomorrow. She has two houses tomorrow that she likes and 1 she hasn't really connected with yet but that could change. As of now she knows her order of preference but still keeping an open mind.

Her legacy chapter is still in play which she is happy about but would be okay if it doesn't work out.
Old 01-12-2018, 08:32 PM
GreekChat Member

My daughter said several girls in her original group dropped tonight.
Old 01-12-2018, 08:42 PM
Super Moderator

Glad all the girls have parties. Hoping they have a great time at all of them and have good invitations next round.
Old 01-13-2018, 12:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Seems like there are still many positive, optimistic PNM’s out there, and that is good news!

My daughter got 5 back today, and the cut from 10 in the last round was a bit of a reality check. Disappointment and tears ☹️ Lost several of her favorites, and she’s starting to question whether she made the right choice to rush, because she’s feeling that despite all the effort and time, she may come out of this process without finding the home she had hoped for.

That said, she refuses to quit, and will stick thru the process until the end, whatever the result. Proud of her, and frankly all of the girls who have gone through this process with open minds and open hearts.