GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,419
4 members and 1,415 guests
aantonygooglet9, John, Sen's Revenge

Old 02-29-2012, 03:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen1aur 1963 View Post
I feel you to an extent, but how do you know he really wasn't having a busy week? I don't think dude is using you as a backup, though. I was talking to Brandi for a minute, while I was feeling other females, too. He might be still checking out what's out there rather than putting all of his eggs in one basket. You feel me? How come you can't do the same thing? You seem to be cool as hell, so I'll bet there are dudes on OKC who would be interested in kickin it with you. Do him like he's doing you. I think your biggest problem is you get caught up too fast in dudes, and then when they aren't contacting you for whatever reason, you think they're not feeling you, when, in reality they probably are. You feel me?
I swear Cen1aur, you are on of the most polarizing members on here in recent memory. Half the stuff you post (like this one) I totally back you on, but the other half I scratch my head wondering if it's the same person.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by XAntoftheSkyX View Post
I swear Cen1aur, you are on of the most polarizing members on here in recent memory. Half the stuff you post (like this one) I totally back you on, but the other half I scratch my head wondering if it's the same person.
As far as I'm concerned everybody on this whole message board is "polarizing" including you. Stop scratching your head, trying to figure out shit. Some things you'll back me on, and some things you won't. It works that way with everybody on here. I don't expect you or anybody else to back me on everything I post.

AQAK, I don't really give a shit if you do or don't though LOL.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyB06 View Post
+1.

now for the morning's totally-out-of-left-field question:

Suppose he had been answering your texts, continuing to show interest, dialoguing, etc., ...yet you found him continuing to troll on OKC.

How differently, if any, do you think you'd be feeling about him?
That would be fine. We aren't exclusive and I'm still talking with someone else and if I met someone else, would still get to know them.

Quote:
I feel you to an extent, but how do you know he really wasn't having a busy week? I don't think dude is using you as a backup, though. I was talking to Brandi for a minute, while I was feeling other females, too. He might be still checking out what's out there rather than putting all of his eggs in one basket. You feel me? How come you can't do the same thing? You seem to be cool as hell, so I'll bet there are dudes on OKC who would be interested in kickin it with you. Do him like he's doing you. I think your biggest problem is you get caught up too fast in dudes, and then when they aren't contacting you for whatever reason, you think they're not feeling you, when, in reality they probably are. You feel me?
Yes, you were talking to Brandi and checking out other women too, and that's cool. Did you go an entire week without contacting Brandi at all because you were too busy? If "too busy" means "I'm too busy getting to know other women", then move on. I don't think a man who is really liking a woman and wants to make an effort to keep things going goes a whole week without any contact at all. How long does it take to send a text that says "Things going well?" How easy is it to dial someone while you're driving home from work? He's done those things before. He's called me while on the way to work on a group project at the library. He's sent texts at lunch time. It only takes seconds. And, really.. if you're REALLY into someone, would you go a whole week?
Old 02-29-2012, 07:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
That would be fine. We aren't exclusive and I'm still talking with someone else and if I met someone else, would still get to know them.

Yes, you were talking to Brandi and checking out other women too, and that's cool. Did you go an entire week without contacting Brandi at all because you were too busy? If "too busy" means "I'm too busy getting to know other women", then move on. I don't think a man who is really liking a woman and wants to make an effort to keep things going goes a whole week without any contact at all. How long does it take to send a text that says "Things going well?" How easy is it to dial someone while you're driving home from work? He's done those things before. He's called me while on the way to work on a group project at the library. He's sent texts at lunch time. It only takes seconds. And, really.. if you're REALLY into someone, would you go a whole week?
Listen Dee I'll be straight with you, I think you should move along from this one now and not invest any more thought or emotion into it. You aren't what this guy wants/is looking for and he is too much of a puss to tell you.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
As far as I'm concerned everybody on this whole message board is "polarizing" including you. Stop scratching your head, trying to figure out shit. Some things you'll back me on, and some things you won't. It works that way with everybody on here. I don't expect you or anybody else to back me on everything I post.

Oh I know, people will post what they feel like. But in my experience on this board most everyone falls into three categories. Posters I agree with mostly, posters I do not agree with mostly, and posters who haven't made an impression on me. Like I said, you don't fall into any, hence my intrigue.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiKA2001 View Post
Listen Dee I'll be straight with you, I think you should move along from this one now and not invest any more thought or emotion into it. You aren't what this guy wants/is looking for and he is too much of a puss to tell you.
I have. I closed the door on it. I was just explaining why to Centaur. I'm totally done with that one. As Jason says on Ghost Hunters.. "On to the next!" LOL

IT Audit conference next week... good opportunity to meet interesting "people" I already told co-workers that if I'm sitting at a lunch table with a single good looking man, they are to move on and eat elsewhere...lol.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:17 PM
GreekChat Member

^^^FIST PUMP^^^

You tell them, Dee!
Old 02-29-2012, 10:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to dreamseeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaFrog View Post
Thanks, ladies!

And in response as to why post them and who cares: I was overweight as a child and so I am extra sensitive to comments like needing a Twinkie (which, may I add, are disgusting and always have been) to get into the gym. And it does matter outside my home because of me being a commercial model and actress. Especially with my current jobs that I've just booked, if I'm not somewhat attractive it's not going to fly.
*fist bump* don't let the dbags get you down.

Quote:
I have. I closed the door on it. I was just explaining why to Centaur. I'm totally done with that one. As Jason says on Ghost Hunters.. "On to the next!" LOL

IT Audit conference next week... good opportunity to meet interesting "people" I already told co-workers that if I'm sitting at a lunch table with a single good looking man, they are to move on and eat elsewhere...lol.
lmao damn!
Old 03-01-2012, 12:49 AM
GreekChat Member

I had so much fun, tonight.
Trump For Prison 2024-2084 MAGA!
Old 03-01-2012, 08:55 AM
Banned

Quote:

Even when I agree with you, you remind me of PiKA2001's 14 month old puppy.

The weather has been so beautiful. Last weekend we went to a beautiful winery. Today the weather is in the 70s and we will be having a Thai lunch. I look forward to my yellow curry seafood dish.
Old 03-01-2012, 12:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Me and Brandi went a few weeks without hollering at each other. I didn't post everything about us on here. She was doing her thing, and I was doing mine. Some people don't like to text, or talk on the phone. Didn't you say it's all about timing? I agree with that. No offense, but you're blaming the dudes you're dating, when in reality the issue is you (based on your past and current posts) and until you realize that the issue is you, you're going to keep fuckin around with the same dude, different age/race. Same shit, different day, basically. Like I said before, you get all caught up in dude on the first date. "I love your blue eyes" "He's so sincere" "we have the same views on relationships" -dumb shit like that is part of your problem. Go out with the dude, kick it with him, however you want to do it, but stop getting all caught up into dude, and all hurt n' shit when dude doesn't call or text you to ask you how your week is going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XAntoftheSkyX View Post
Oh I know, people will post what they feel like. But in my experience on this board most everyone falls into three categories. Posters I agree with mostly, posters I do not agree with mostly, and posters who haven't made an impression on me. Like I said, you don't fall into any, hence my intrigue.
You shouldn't be placing the other usernames into categories, either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
Even when I agree with you, you remind me of PiKA2001's 14 month old puppy.
LOL this is some funny shit. I don't give a fuck about you or Pika2001's puppy. Whether you choose to agree or disagree with me, that's entirely up to you. Either way, I don't give a shit one way or the other.

Last edited by Cen1aur 1963; 03-01-2012 at 12:31 PM.
Old 03-01-2012, 03:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats His Own Shit
I don't give a fuck about you or Pika2001's puppy. Whether you choose to agree or disagree with me, that's entirely up to you. Either way, I don't give a shit one way or the other.
Yes...yes...we know....

Thanks for playing.

The warm weather made me try to do too much in one day and that included talking about relationship...stuff. I'm now exhausted and have two meetings to attend. LOL. Oh well.

Last edited by DrPhil; 03-01-2012 at 03:25 PM.
Old 03-01-2012, 05:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats Shit Patties View Post
Yes...yes...we know....
Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats Shit Patties View Post
Thanks for playing.
You're welcome.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Me and Brandi went a few weeks without hollering at each other. I didn't post everything about us on here. She was doing her thing, and I was doing mine. Some people don't like to text, or talk on the phone. Didn't you say it's all about timing? I agree with that. No offense, but you're blaming the dudes you're dating, when in reality the issue is you (based on your past and current posts) and until you realize that the issue is you, you're going to keep fuckin around with the same dude, different age/race. Same shit, different day, basically. Like I said before, you get all caught up in dude on the first date. "I love your blue eyes" "He's so sincere" "we have the same views on relationships" -dumb shit like that is part of your problem. Go out with the dude, kick it with him, however you want to do it, but stop getting all caught up into dude, and all hurt n' shit when dude doesn't call or text you to ask you how your week is going.
Actually, in the past I would have been hurt and I would have spent a lot of energy trying to show him or prove to him that I was a great catch and he should be hanging out with me. This is actually a pretty big step for me moving forward to be able to say "This isn't working for me and I'm going to cut it loose rather than try to make him like me more."

And, if someone says "Let's try to get together next week" and then doesn't call, text, email or anything, then he's not reliable or dependable and I don't want to move forward with him.

I'm not hurt at all. I recognize that it's not something that will go anywhere and I'm cutting it off before I waste my time with him. And yes, I think it is a waste of time to just "kick it" with someone if there is no potential for a future relationship. I'm way past the serial dating phase of life. Way past.

ETA: It also was not our first date. Our first date was in early December. Between that first date and the second date, there was communication several times every week so for it to suddenly stop after the second date is significant. I'm not hurt, I'm just not going to bother him anymore. I'm not going to make someone a priority in my life if they aren't going to do the same. Why is that wrong in your eyes?

Last edited by AGDee; 03-02-2012 at 01:17 AM.
Old 03-02-2012, 02:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
My date went well. I guess since folks are on here with names for their dates, I'll name mine, too. I'm going to use real first names, though. I still have two other females I'm talking to on PoF, because I want to keep my options open. But over the weekend, I had a nice time with this one. Her name is Brandi. She's a teacher from Shaker Heights. The conversation was good, so good, that we stayed almost two hours talking after dinner, before we went to check out the show. We saw Devil Inside LOL. During dinner, though, we could have kept talking, but I felt that it was time to bounce just so we could free up the table for our server, so she could make some more tips. She went to The March with me yesterday, too, and we spent the whole time talking and really getting a chance to feel each other out just to see where our minds were at. I'm going to hang out with her again Saturday. She's cool, attractive, and intelligent, and what's even more tight, is that we're both greek (Delta), so we also have that part in common.
Quote:
I just got back from hanging out with Brandi. We had dinner, went to see Red Tails and we finished with a kiss. Damn, she can kiss, too. She's got those thick juicy lips LOL. I'm mad that we had to get into a debate about my frat. She likes talking shit about my frat. It's all good, though. I'd like to see more of her. She invited me to her church this Sunday. I don't want to go, but I'm going to go anyway because she asked me to. I have another date tomorrow, which I'm not feeling. I was upfront and honest with Brandi about it, though. I told her that I have a date tomorrow, but it was a date that I made plans for around the time she and I hooked up on PoF. I'm not the type to cancel if I gave someone my word I was going to do something. That's just how I am. Although I'm really feeling Brandi, I'm still going to see what ol' girl is about.
Quote:
I cut off the other females I was dating. I'm just dating Brandi right now. She's cool as hell. I don't know why, but every female I've dated who's been greek, have all been Deltas, except for one who was an AKA.
Quote:
I think I'm going to ask Brandi to be my girl on Valentine's Day. I was just assuming she was my girl, but she's been talking like we're just kickin it. I'm going to let her know to see if she's feeling me like I'm feeling her. I'll get her a box of Valentine's chocolates and some flowers and then ask her if she would be my girl.
I'm calling you out right now on your comments about me being too into someone too fast. Your first post quoted here was like January 13th or 14th. Within two weeks you were exclusive, then planning to ask her to be your girl by Valentine's Day. You proved my point that geekboy wasn't that into me if, after more than two months, he was still being hot and cold.