GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > News & Politics

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 595
0 members and 595 guests
No Members online

Old 08-20-2004, 03:39 PM
GreekChat Member

"Bush, his family have many ties to Swift Boat Vets"

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5771731/

I normally dont get too much into politics.. but I just dont understand why Bush if he really isnt letting this group do his "dirty work" wouldn't denounce these ads.

If Kerry can denounce the other group questioning Bush's record, I think Bush can certainly do the same..

Last edited by angelic1; 08-20-2004 at 03:42 PM.
Old 08-20-2004, 04:52 PM
Banned

Re: "Bush, his family have many ties to Swift Boat Vets"

Quote:
Originally posted by angelic1
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5771731/

I normally dont get too much into politics.. but I just dont understand why Bush if he really isnt letting this group do his "dirty work" wouldn't denounce these ads.

If Kerry can denounce the other group questioning Bush's record, I think Bush can certainly do the same..
It's not Bush. That's why.

-Rudey
Old 08-20-2004, 05:46 PM

Politics as usual. Seems to me that there are just too many personal ties and coincidences here.

I think The President should denounce the adds as does this guy:

http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...threadid=54971
The above is the opinion of the poster which may or may not be based in known facts and does not necessarily reflect the views of Delta Tau Delta or Greek Chat -- but it might.
Old 08-21-2004, 02:10 AM
Super Moderator

IF this group was everything that everyone who doesn't like it says it is, what do you say about moveon.org?
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 08-21-2004, 10:48 AM
GreekChat Member

The John Kerry drinking game is funny as hell.

Everytime he says Vietnam, War, Swift Boat, veteran, or wounded...take a shot.
Old 08-21-2004, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ktsnake
IF this group was everything that everyone who doesn't like it says it is, what do you say about moveon.org?
OK. I don't like Moveon.org at all. I don't like any organization that generalizes and/or stretches the truth. However I haven't heard that anyone in that organization has close personal ties to the Kerry family.

Didn't Kerry denounce a questionable Moveon ad? (Quickly, according to the NY Times)

I see this as a matter of personal integrity.
The above is the opinion of the poster which may or may not be based in known facts and does not necessarily reflect the views of Delta Tau Delta or Greek Chat -- but it might.

Last edited by DeltAlum; 08-21-2004 at 12:23 PM.
Old 08-21-2004, 01:57 PM
Banned

First of all Bush has called the 4 months Kerry spent in Veitnam honorable several times. Second of all many, including myself, believe what Kerry did after the war is shameful and that is what needs to be concentrated on and will be in the next round of ads from what I understand.

-Rudey
Old 08-21-2004, 02:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Kerry Campaign & Moveon.org Connection

For those of you wondering about connections between the Kerry Campaign and Moveon.org, here's one of them...

http://www.boston.com/news/politics/...ampaign_staff/

I agree with Rudey, Bush has had nothing but praise for John Kerry's military service. He has condemned all 527 groups, including the swiftvets.
Old 08-21-2004, 07:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Rudey
First of all Bush has called the 4 months Kerry spent in Veitnam honorable several times. Second of all many, including myself, believe what Kerry did after the war is shameful and that is what needs to be concentrated on and will be in the next round of ads from what I understand.

-Rudey
I dont think that Bush has openly condemed anyone for ads against Kerry's service. I think he has remained kind of neutral on the whole subject, which I think is just as bad as saying something.

Anyways.. I would have to disagree with you about what Kerry did after the war as being shameful. I think someone who fought for our country has every right to openly question the actions of our government.

Sorry to digress (and I know that no one said this.. it just made me think about it) but I get so mad whenever people say that if you arent supporting Bush that you are unpatriotic or against our troops. That is crazy. It is everything that our country stands for to be able to question your government and have a voice.
Old 08-22-2004, 01:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by angelic1
I dont think that Bush has openly condemed anyone for ads against Kerry's service. I think he has remained kind of neutral on the whole subject, which I think is just as bad as saying something.

Anyways.. I would have to disagree with you about what Kerry did after the war as being shameful. I think someone who fought for our country has every right to openly question the actions of our government.

Sorry to digress (and I know that no one said this.. it just made me think about it) but I get so mad whenever people say that if you arent supporting Bush that you are unpatriotic or against our troops. That is crazy. It is everything that our country stands for to be able to question your government and have a voice.
Read what I said. Again, Bush has openly come out and said that those nice 4 months Kerry spent in Vietnam were honorable.

As for what he did after the war, perhaps you should read on about it. I didn't object to his questioning the actions of the government. I objected to his remarks and deceptions. That is something he can't quite run from.

And yes I am sorry too that you digressed.

-Rudey
Old 08-22-2004, 09:04 AM
Super Moderator

All of these PACs with all of this money. I think we're starting to see one of the unintended consequences of McCain-Feingold.

I'm sure glad we had campaign finance reform.

I don't get why the NYT is playing "The 7 degrees of Kevin Bacon" with Bush's staff on this one. I'm sure you could do the same with Kerry and moveon.org (among others).
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 08-22-2004, 12:04 PM
GreekChat Member

I agree with you ktsnake, it seems like there hasn't been a lot of reform in our political system and in some ways things are worse. It's amazing how much heat the swiftvets are getting but I have yet to see anything like this with moveon.org!
Old 08-22-2004, 12:42 PM
GreekChat Member

DNC & moveon.org

From the DNC website:

DNC Chief Operating Officer Josh Wachs (left), Senator Leahy, and Zack Exley from Moveon.org pose with the more than 310,000 signatures.
Photos:

http://www.democrats.org/blog/display/00010183.html

Just imagine how this would be treated if the RNC had a picture with the swiftvets on their website!
Old 08-22-2004, 01:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Rudey
Read what I said. Again, Bush has openly come out and said that those nice 4 months Kerry spent in Vietnam were honorable.

As for what he did after the war, perhaps you should read on about it. I didn't object to his questioning the actions of the government. I objected to his remarks and deceptions. That is something he can't quite run from.

And yes I am sorry too that you digressed.

-Rudey
ok so he has said that he thinks it was honorable, then why cant he not say something against the ads?

I have read about it, and "his remarks and deceptions" as you call them is what he feels happened. I feel like the whole thing is back and forth and I dont know if it will ever really be cleared up and I dont think its something he should need to run from either.

Also, "those nice four months in Vietnam" shouldnt be chastised. Spending anytime in Vietnam is honorable. He could have been shot and killed on his first day over there and I wouldnt feel bc he wasnt over there longer that it was any less honorable.

And Im not sorry in what I said when I digressed.. I was just sorry to take the post off subject.
Old 08-22-2004, 08:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Rudey's words were "NICE FOUR MONTHS".
The President has said several times that anyone who served in Vietnam did so honorably.

back to the topic...any ties to Swift Boat Vets, some of whom are or were Democrats, including John O'Neill himself as a young man, are a short list when one compares them with a list of those who work or worked for Kerry or other Democratic organizations who now make a living with MoveOn or MediaFund or ACT.

CFR has created a monster. Like many other things used to pave the road to hell, it started with good intentions. McCain has actually lent his name to a nightmare. This is why HE is upset.