GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Sigma > Sigma Gamma Rho

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,455
1 members and 2,454 guests
No Members online

Old 12-02-2001, 04:08 PM
Super Moderator

Cool Be out!

I was out last night, FINALLY!! We had our NPHC high school/youth and college step show and the bruhs (Kappas, gotta love those Nupes) were like, you're a SGRho?? Giving me and my sand our hugs.
The funny thing is, stepshows make you realize how small the world really is. Get this. I've been volunteering for the No. California Sickle Cell Summer camp for 7 years now. This past summer, me and my co-counselor had 7 girls(11,12 & 13 yr.olds), of which 1 gave us a lot of grief. We had a very teary-eyed heart-to-heart with the camp director and her. We kept the girl from going home and she had a really good time. At the end of camp the child was crying like a baby cause' she didn't want to go home! (Ah, yes, my job is done!) I didn't expect to see this girl again until next year at camp again. Anyway, I've been really busy since camp, which was in august--you know school, work, life in general. We've tried to keep in touch via e-mail but I just dont have the time. So fast foward to last night. Imagine my suprise when I walk into the auditorium looking for my people(EE-YIP!) and this little girl grabs my arm and gives me the biggest hug! I was so happy to see her! I asked her "What are you doing here?" " I'm on a step team!" she replied. Awww man! Talk about a warm and fuzzy! I was so proud of her, as if she were my own child! (snif, snif, give me a moment--alright, I'm ok now)And then, my co-counselor (perspective greek), who also came to the stepshow, saw her and the three of us took pictures together.

So, wait there's more. Two other counselors from camp were at the show also. One is an AKA the other is a Q perspective.

After the show, my sorors and I hung out with the Kappas at a resturant til' 3am! So, while I'm talking to this one young Kappa, I find out he went to ABC university. So I asked him "Do you happen to know So and So from XYZ frat?" He said " Yeah, and I know Joe, John, and Jeff also from XYZ frat" Jeeze! Jo, John and Jeff were also counselors at one time at my summer camp!

So, what's the moral of my story kiddies? Be nice to people because you NEVER know when you may run into them again or who they know.

Yes, I had a good time! It is nice being out. But let me tell you about the looks I got from the other sororities! he, he. But hey, it's all greek luv! There was no after party so I didn't get to stroll but I will learn soon and the next party is on the 18th so I will be ready!!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 12-03-2001, 10:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Wink

Soror, you are something else. I'm feeling your excitement!

Yes, this is a small world we live in and as a member of a Greek letter organization, it is even smaller.
Old 12-03-2001, 02:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile Hey Soror!!

I was supposed to go to Oakland for the show, but something came up at the last minute. I am so happy to hear about your first event... (they grow up so fast, y'all) I'm glad you had fun with the Nupes and caught up with everybody you met ever in your life!!! Greek life can be like that, but it is really a good thing, most of the time. Yes, it is sad that some of us sorority members can't just chill and be out at public functions, but oh, well...

I hope you get to get your stroll on before LA and DEFINITELY before MIAMI!!!

Hee hee.
TRSimon
Old 12-03-2001, 06:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Ninjapoodle,

That was so cute! I'm glad that you are enjoying the social activities of being a soror and greek in general. I really agree with Sorors TRSimons and Bluereign you should always treat people with respect because you never know when you will run into them again. Soror continue to share your warm hearted stories with us!

Serioussigma22 !
Old 12-04-2001, 01:55 AM
Super Moderator

I'm enjoying the fun now because the real work will soon come! I'm in finals now and it was definatly(sp?) a good way to blow off steam.

TRSimon- it would have been nice to meet you! I'm sorry you didn't make it but of course this gives me little time to "get it together" before LA.

SeriousSigma22 and BlueReign, where are you located? I'm guessing you're somewhere east of the Rockies. I will see you at Miami?? yes?

ok, never mind--I just looked at your profiles. Silly me!

Last edited by NinjaPoodle; 12-04-2001 at 02:00 AM.
Old 12-04-2001, 08:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Soror,

Good luck on your finals! Don't have a melt down! We are pulling for you! I remember those days as an undergraduate and I really don't miss preparing for 5 or sometimes 6 different finals! I just want to complete my thesis so that I can officially have my masters!

Serioussigma22

You can do it soror!
Old 12-12-2001, 11:12 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by SeriousSigma22
Soror,

Good luck on your finals! Don't have a melt down! We are pulling for you! I remember those days as an undergraduate and I really don't miss preparing for 5 or sometimes 6 different finals! I just want to complete my thesis so that I can officially have my masters!

Serioussigma22

You can do it soror!
Thanks soror!
Old 12-15-2001, 03:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Soror Ninjapoodle,

You are so very welcome!

Serioussigma22
Old 12-15-2001, 07:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Be out!

Quote:
Originally posted by NinjaPoodle

Yes, I had a good time! It is nice being out. But let me tell you about the looks I got from the other sororities! he, he. But hey, it's all greek luv! There was no after party so I didn't get to stroll but I will learn soon and the next party is on the 18th so I will be ready!!
I had a stack of ten tickets my basileus sent me to give to folks who wanted to attend the NPHC step show, but she sent them at the last minute, and I had other plans by then, so I couldn't go, nor find other folks to attend . I was a NPHC rep in the past, but not this year.

The sorority world is very...odd.. here in the Bay Area. Why did you get "looks" from the other sororities, I wonder? Hmmmm....if i gave it just a little thought though, I could probably guess, so why ask. Just, as you said, be out and do your thing.
Old 12-17-2001, 08:56 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Re: Be out!

Quote:
Originally posted by Shelacious

The sorority world is very...odd.. here in the Bay Area. Why did you get "looks" from the other sororities, I wonder? Hmmmm....if i gave it just a little thought though, I could probably guess, so why ask. Just, as you said, be out and do your thing.
Oh, just the "she's in that sorority" look. It was just weird now having all these strangers looking at me, not as myself but as "me, the SIGMA". I guess I'll get used to it some day.
Old 01-30-2002, 02:16 AM
Super Moderator

Cool Stroll Update

Quote:
Originally posted by TRSimon
I was supposed to go to Oakland for the show, but something came up at the last minute. I am so happy to hear about your first event... (they grow up so fast, y'all) I'm glad you had fun with the Nupes and caught up with everybody you met ever in your life!!! Greek life can be like that, but it is really a good thing, most of the time. Yes, it is sad that some of us sorority members can't just chill and be out at public functions, but oh, well...

I hope you get to get your stroll on before LA and DEFINITELY before MIAMI!!!

Hee hee.
TRSimon
OK, so I've learned 5 strolls--will I remember them all has yet to be seen but I get to find out this weekend at the SFSU Stepshow.
SFSU Stepshow--2/2/2002
Old 01-30-2002, 05:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool story!

Girl, I know how you feel!! It's always nice to go out and kick it with your sorors as well as other Greeks!! OH Yes, I know that "look". I tend to get it every now and then especially because I physically to fit the "AKA stereotype". (you know the light skin and long hair thing which is sooooooooo tired and played out by now that it is ridiculous!) I take it all in stride though because I love my sorority to the fullest and there is no other sorority that compares to it!! I just figure that "they hate me 'cause they ain't me"!! lol Anyway, be blessed on your finals and continue to have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-Yip
Old 02-01-2002, 05:42 PM
GreekChat Member

SoRhors Ninjapoodle and Rhoyalty22,

Girls, go on with your bad selves! It sounds like your having such wonderful fun and showing everyone what Sigma women are made of! Just remember that everyone knows that Sigma women always steal the show! Keep party walking and strolling like a Sigma woman should!

Serioussigma22
Old 02-03-2002, 09:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: the sleeper cab of my tractor trailer all over the 48
Send a message via Yahoo to jojapeach
Show you right!

Quote:
Originally posted by SeriousSigma22
Just remember that everyone knows that Sigma women always steal the show! Keep party walking and strolling like a Sigma woman should!

Serioussigma22
Three sorors and I were stared at last night when we went to a step show at Southern Tech just outside of Atlanta. They don't have a chapter there, so for many, we had to be their first exposure to Sigma. You betta believe they got an eyeful of what a Sigma woman is. Only 2 of us stRHOlled, but we stole the show from everyone else. Yeah, we're neos, and we know 5 strolls between us, but if you're stomping the loudest and showing off the krunkest and most precise movements, how could you not steal the show???

EEEEEEEEEEE-YIP!!!
Old 02-03-2002, 11:44 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Show you right!

Quote:
Originally posted by jojapeach

Yeah, we're neos, and we know 5 strolls between us, but if you're stomping the loudest and showing off the krunkest and most precise movements, how could you not steal the show???

EEEEEEEEEEE-YIP!!!
Now THATS what I'm talking about!! EEE-YYYIIIPPP!!!