GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Careers & Employment

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,222
1 members and 1,221 guests
LaneSig

Old 09-10-2013, 12:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lovespink88
A run of site banner means just that--it can run ANYWHERE on the site.

You have only bought about 33,000 impressons. YOU MAY NOT SEE IT RIGHT AWAY, THAT DOES NOT MEAN IT'S NOT RUNNING.

Cool it.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:53 PM
GreekChat Member

It's 85 degrees INSIDE my @#$&%+! office...too bad I don't have to power to get someone's butt in here to fix the air conditioning. Y'all will be pissed if I come in here with the shorts I wear outside of work!!!
Old 10-23-2013, 09:47 AM
GreekChat Member

When are you going to realize that you are losing money coming to work just for the free internet? Seriously, retire and get cable and quit making the rest of us miserable.
Old 10-23-2013, 10:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post
How about a nice cup of shut the fuck up.
I love that. It was hard for me to not laugh.

When I worked at McDonald's My boss said "We are holding on reg meat." so I said "I m holding on a fuck to give." He actually found it funny. =-) I was 16 at the time and had a lot of growing up to do... who am I kidding; I still have a lot of growing up to do.
78. Because 7 is the number of completion and 8 is the number of a new beginning. The thing is, you can not get to 8 without first understanding 7. You have to understand that you are closing the door on your past before you can open the door to the rest of your life.
Old 10-23-2013, 08:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlwaysSAI
You may not like that I chose to work with students in the office during my planning period but I don't like that you read articles and write papers for your Ph.D. when you should be working with students! At work, you should do the work that you are getting paid to do. At home is where you do the work you need to do for your Ph.D.
Old 10-23-2013, 09:37 PM
GreekChat Member

I don't know how you get away with setting your own less than full time hours, when you're being paid for full time hours. I really, really despise covering for your sorry butt.

"Together, Let Us Seek the Heights"

I <3 My KΣ
Old 06-06-2014, 03:17 PM
GreekChat Member

It must be nice to have so much time that you can do your job and micromanage mine.

I am good at my job (and especially DAMN good at the part where I can multitask a LOT at once) so I don't need your reminding on a deadline that's already on my list that's OVER TWO MONTHS FROM NOW.

Slow your roll. I am on it.
Old 10-10-2014, 02:00 PM
GreekChat Member

If you're going to insist on throwing the party, then you're not allowed to be cheap when it comes to ordering food. I'm not saying you need to do something extravagant, but when the team says they would be more than happy to pay $15 instead of $10 so that we can get the big tray, just do it.

Of course, this person may be the cheapest person I've met in my life, so I guess there's no arguing. It doesn't help that cheap people are my biggest pet peeve.
Old 10-10-2014, 02:09 PM
GreekChat Member

I'll tell you this - people aren't leaving because we *didn't onboard them properly*. It's the shitty product, the fact that management isn't held accountable and the crappy salaries with no raises for two years.

Onboard that.

Old 10-12-2014, 08:43 PM
GreekChat Member

You may be the new Grand Poobah but you really suck at people skills. Waiting until I came in to give me a new assignment without giving me any advanced notice was just awful. If I wasn't a Christian loving person, I'd get a voodoo doll asap.Miss my old boss.
Old 10-12-2014, 09:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Calling me when I'm homesick to let me know about the major changes in the company let personally effect me and my coworkers and that I'm going to have to move to keep my job is not exactly the way to go about things. Especially following up with letting me know I can't tell my co-workers until a later date.

Next time keep my informed from the beginning and don't ask me to keep a secret that directly impacts people I have become close with.
Old 10-12-2014, 09:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to tcsparky
To the new boss:
We all know that you are micromanaging us because you are insecure. We were excited to have you come in, and liked you OK, until you started micromanaging, getting bit*#y and thinking that intimidating us meant you would look good. EVERYONE, including your boss, sees that you have run morale into the ground in a record-breaking 4 weeks. Oh yeah, one more thing- telling me that I needed to get my priorities straight because I use the weekends to work on my PhD and can't always be available to do your bidding just made me NOT be on your team. Any support you were going to get from me just went from 100% to 0%. Good luck.
Old 10-12-2014, 10:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcsparky View Post
To the new boss:
We all know that you are micromanaging us because you are insecure. We were excited to have you come in, and liked you OK, until you started micromanaging, getting bit*#y and thinking that intimidating us meant you would look good. EVERYONE, including your boss, sees that you have run morale into the ground in a record-breaking 4 weeks. Oh yeah, one more thing- telling me that I needed to get my priorities straight because I use the weekends to work on my PhD and can't always be available to do your bidding just made me NOT be on your team. Any support you were going to get from me just went from 100% to 0%. Good luck.
Hey, good for you for working towards your PhD. Ignore someone who seems so insecure. Maybe you trying to better your situation makes your boss feel inferior. That sucks. Just keep working hard. Good luck with your studies.
Old 10-13-2014, 08:59 PM
GreekChat Member

^^^
I was in that exact situation a few years ago. The replaced my really awesome boss with a Miss USA wanna be. Seriously she relocated so she could compete in the Miss USA pageant. She made my life a living hell with that same time of behavior and nothing made me happier than being able to quit and move far far away from her. Sending positive energy your way and that is so awesome you are working toward your Ph.D. :-)
Old 10-13-2014, 09:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PersistentDST View Post
It's 85 degrees INSIDE my @#$&%+! office...too bad I don't have to power to get someone's butt in here to fix the air conditioning. Y'all will be pissed if I come in here with the shorts I wear outside of work!!!
I WISH it was 85 degrees in my office! Instead, it's probably hovering around -2. That's what it feels like, at least.

@~/~~~~