GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,199
3 members and 1,196 guests
Cookiez17, LaneSig

Old 10-20-2003, 02:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: In the Happy Home, with trees and flowers and chirping birds and basket weavers that sit and smile and twiddle their thumbs and toes!
Gross....

"Tonight is grilled tequila lime chicken, rice pilaf, and green beans."

Sorry, that sounds really gross... I am having SPAM!! MMMM. I will also have some whole milk.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-20-2003, 02:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: having a sit sit while lusting after Olympic swimmers
Re: Gross....

Quote:
Originally posted by krazy
"Tonight is grilled tequila lime chicken, rice pilaf, and green beans."

Sorry, that sounds really gross... I am having SPAM!! MMMM. I will also have some whole milk.
tequila lime chicken is gross (which it's not - it's actually REALLY good ) but SPAM and whole milk is good. yeech! We could never neat together - we'd gross each other out
Old 10-20-2003, 02:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: In the Happy Home, with trees and flowers and chirping birds and basket weavers that sit and smile and twiddle their thumbs and toes!
Just a joke...

Oh, c'mon... I was kidding... I am really having brown rice, shelled edamame, sesame seeds and snowpeas mixed up in a big bowl. I swear that is good!! I have been planning it today! I just might add a nice warm mug of Saki to this meal as well. Maybe...
Old 10-20-2003, 05:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Saturday night my sister asked me to join her for dinner. She was having a couple of friends over to her apartment near school and wanted to try out her dinner party skills. My job was to bring the wine and tell stories about my recent deployment. She was feeding eight people and had fleshed out her stuff with some of Mom's so the table was pretty nicely set up. We started with Sazerac cocktails and a trio of home made pate's. Duck mousse with cognac and orange, vennison terrine with scotch, and boar pate' with port and juniper berries. For the first course we had small salmon fillets topped with gulf shrimp in a lemon tarragon butter and wine sauce accompanied by baby new potatoes. I poured a Pavillion Blanc '99 to go with the fish. Then she brought out a roast leg of lamb studded with garlic and coated with rosemary sprigs. With this she had grilled asparagus and pine nut and mushroom cous-cous. For sauces she had a shallot and port bearnaise and a red current flavored marchand de vin. For this course I poured first a magnum of Chateau Palmer '91 and then one of Ch Lynch Bages '95. For dessert she served an assortment of small Austrian cream and fruit pastries and I poured Veuve Cliquot NV. After this we draged our overstuffed selves to the living area of her living - dining room and collapsed into sofa and chairs while she french dripped a pot of Union Brand Dark Roast Colombian coffee from New Orleans. We gave it about an hour and a short walk around her neighborhood before we could attack the cheese board she had prepared for a savoury. She had a wedge of Stilton, one of 60% Brie, a brick of Irish sharp Cheddar, and a Chevre-like goat's cheese with green pepper corns. This called for a Fonseca '67 that I liberated from my Grandfather's stash (he has a great collection of Fonseca and other ports both in vintage and wood port) and this one was delicious. By now it was pretty late and my sister suggested that we make it an allnighter and just talk until daylight since we weren't really in any shape to drive (in my case over 200 miles). So she broke out a bottle of Grand Marnier for the ladies and a Hine XO for the guys. I siuspect she liberated that last bottle just like I did. I was surprised that we went through a huge amount of fizzy mineral water as well: five bottles of Pellegrino and four of Gerolsteiner Sprudelwasser. The evening worked well as a dinner and conversation fest as these were classmates (all 3L's)of her's who were not paired off as couples but just a gang who got along well, and I balanced off the group by being the fourth male at table. Anyway, this was her first formal sitdown dinner (as hostess) and everyone had a seriously good time. She is already planning her next one (groan, how many laps do I need to run to work off that evening?) Conversation kept swinging from law school to Iraq. Eight for dinner, all Greek. Great fun and great dinner. Sunday morning we helped Sis clear away, clean up, and then had scrambled eggs on toast with strips of smoked salmon and capers washed down with orange juice and more New Orleans coffee. I could get used to this, and it sure beats MREs in the Iraqi Desert. When I finally got home I found that Mom had already been fully briefed on exactly how the evening played out, who liked what, and every last detail. I suppose I should not have been surprised, but...
Old 10-24-2003, 01:31 PM
GreekChat Member

it's breakfast for dinner tonight

omelets, hash browns, toast, fruit - yum!
Old 10-24-2003, 06:44 PM

homemade chicken parmigiana---my own secret recipe that to this day NO ONE who has had it, has not loved it
Old 10-24-2003, 11:11 PM
GreekChat Member

butterfly chicken, white rice, applesauce.
chinese taken out but good.
Old 10-25-2003, 12:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: New Orleans. Or pure unpenetrable evil, depending on what I feel like at the moment.
Send a message via AIM to GPhiLlama Send a message via Yahoo to GPhiLlama
Dinner? What's that?
Old 10-25-2003, 12:24 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to bsp-mich24
Chinese food -- pork fried rice and s & s chicken. Yummy!!!
Old 10-25-2003, 12:38 AM
GreekChat Member

pan fried, lemon crusted Halibut, rice and veggies. Berry cobbler for dessert. And HE paid!
Old 10-25-2003, 12:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Chili burger, with tortilla chips and fries on the side.
Old 10-25-2003, 12:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Chicken tenders
Old 10-26-2003, 10:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Last night went to my favorite Chinese restaurant... had lobster, soft shell crabs, steak, and these green vegetables we always get... delicious!
Old 10-27-2003, 09:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Tonight we had chicken parm or egplant parm with pasta and salad and sugar cookies for dessert

Old 10-27-2003, 09:44 PM
GreekChat Member

dijon salmon, asparagus, potatoes

i definitely didn't make this but it was mighty tasty