GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,429
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Zae_TheCreator
» Online Users: 2,182
0 members and 2,182 guests
No Members online

Old 07-23-2003, 10:13 PM
GreekChat Member

erica,
looking at the national sites would give you a great foundation for questions. they talk about philanthropy, history, etc, so you will be well prepared.

http://www.phimu.org
http://www.npcwomen.org this will link you to the npc site. from there you could link to the national pages for chi-o and aopi. i didn't want to put them in just in case i was wrong.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-23-2003, 11:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Unforunately, my school has defered rush so when asking PNMs get to know you questions it was normally about that past semester but with this said.... I am sure that you will be asked about your high school days and Sororities love high GPA's (it is just one of the great things about them) so you can work it into the conversation about how you spent alot of time in HS studying to make the grades to achieve your goals. First and Second rounds are really times to sale yourself to the ladies, don't get bragy but do let them know that you are special in your own ways.

Best of luck and remember to go in with an open mind and let your heart lead you (not your mind, you'll be happy in the long run).
Each day has enough trouble of its own!" ~Matthew 6:34
Old 07-23-2003, 11:22 PM
GreekChat Member

the first thing is....do you want to do this? if yes...then do it. find yourself some classy outfits for the early rounds. you want to look your best. for the final event, find a cocktail dress. no prom, no major party. look for sophistication if you can. make sure you are neat, undercontrol and stand out.
you can do this....we are with you.
Old 07-29-2003, 02:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Not a Mezzo
Good luck going through recruitment! Yay for another thread with a Phi Mu chapter in it! Yeah, I'm biased, but all four of those are really fabulous groups. Have you gotten any more info recently?
Old 07-29-2003, 03:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to absolutuscchick
Good luck during recruitment!! Where did you say you were going to school again?
Old 07-29-2003, 04:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Good luck

from

another Erica
Order of the Rose recipient
Old 07-29-2003, 05:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Good Luck Erica!

You seem to be on the right track! Keep us informed of your adventure!
Old 08-12-2003, 07:52 PM
GreekChat Member

update

I got my hair highlighted yesterday, and I am getting my eyebrows done in two days. I am going to do my nails myself, because I feel so uncomfortable with fake nails. I also have most of my outfits finalized. The only things I am worried about is that two of my outfits are similar. I had a pref dress but it turns out it is the same color and same flower of one of the sororities!!! I figured that it might be weird. So now I have a dress that is a peachy, pink color. I wore it under my graduation gown. I know this is not a color of any of the sororities, I just hope it is formal enough. I took pictures around my house and got them developed because I do not think I look the same as I did in my senior picture. I will mail my registration tomorrow. Only two weeks till rush!
Old 08-12-2003, 07:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SparkliiQTMTSU Send a message via Yahoo to SparkliiQTMTSU
Awesome! I can't wait to hear your rush stories Good Luck!

Nichole
Old 08-12-2003, 08:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Yay, a thread with AOII in it. Best of luck to you during this fun time. Try to relax, recruitment can be so much fun if you let it be!
Old 08-12-2003, 09:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to Canadian AOII
Hey Erica! <br> Good luck w/ rush! Of course I've gotta rep AOII, our international website is www.alphaomicronpi.org so you can find some info there! I'm excited to hear how everything goes for you! (and I understand why you can't wear the red dress for pref, altho i am partial to the cardinal colour and the rose! )
Old 08-12-2003, 09:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I am going to do my nails myself, because I feel so uncomfortable with fake nails.
Good luck Erica!! Just an FYI, if you go in and get your nails done, they don't have to put fake ones on (in fact, I get mine done all the time & have never gotten fakes). A simple french manicure looks great, even if you have short nails. I just got mine done today, and you can never underestimate the power of a good manicure. Just a thought.

*Steppng off my soapbox.*

Good luck!!! It'll be a blast.
Old 08-12-2003, 11:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to breathesgelatin Send a message via AIM to breathesgelatin Send a message via MSN to breathesgelatin Send a message via Yahoo to breathesgelatin
Any sorority loves to pull in smarties like you!

As others have said, don't randomly bring up "Oh, I was valedictorian, and this, and that" in a conversation, but if you can weave in to a general discussion of high school milestones, definately do. Also make sure to list it on your accomplishments in your rush application!
Old 08-15-2003, 01:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Ok I think I am ready for rush now. I just want to reread all the tips on this board again to refresh my memory; it is full with great advice. Today I went shopping and my mom bought me some nice jewelry for a graduation present. Not just for rush, but just because I did not have any jewelry that was worth more the 5 bucks. I found a new preff dress, it was half off!!!. I am going to wear the pinkish peach color dress for theme night instead. The new dress is knee length and it is black. However, it has silver flowers imprinted on it. So hopefully it stands out from all the other black dresses. Well that is about it, I am so excited now, I just hope everything goes well. Rush starts the same day as classes!! It is going to be one exciting day. I am going to call the houses different reality TV shows for the theme. Let see I can have the survivor house, the bachelor house, big brother house, can anyone think of another???
Old 08-15-2003, 01:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Paradise Island, Amazing Race?