GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,425
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, zenjaminusasdz5
» Online Users: 2,216
0 members and 2,216 guests
No Members online

Old 06-24-2013, 01:34 PM
GreekChat Member

I just ran across one called model in a bottle that does the same thing.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-26-2013, 10:59 PM
GreekChat Member

What would you suggest wearing to an SEC Ice water party? I have hearn everything from nike shorts and a tshirt to a sundress. Please help!
Old 06-26-2013, 11:28 PM
GreekChat Member

^^^ Have you received your Greek Recruitment handbook or other info from Ole Miss? There should be pics and suggestions in there. Personally, I do not think nike shorts and a t-shirt sounds like a very good idea.
Old 06-27-2013, 03:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by srattyrebel View Post
...nike shorts and a tshirt...

Whoever told you that was clearly pulling your leg.

Old 06-27-2013, 04:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gee_ess View Post
Personally, I do not think nike shorts and a t-shirt sounds like a very good idea.
The only times nike shorts and a t-shirt are good ideas involve a gym or a philanthropy sporting event like volleyball or soccer.

Even if someone tells you nike shorts and a tee shirt are acceptable, will you be comfortable? Is that your best self? Even on campuses where first round involves a tee shirt, at the very least go with khaki or colored shorts that fit you well, and by fit you well, I mean appropriate length. You could even go with a cute patterned skirt (again appropriate length) and flat sandals.
Old 06-28-2013, 12:40 AM
GreekChat Member

I know that norts and a big t are fashionable for everyday, but ice waters are most likely not that a great choice. I strongly recommend what IndianaSigKap said. Perhaps a nice skirt, maybe a sundress that isn't too formal or informal? I'm not sure if that is clear, but the idea isn't a swimsuit coverup.

"Sisterhood is not about being popular, its about developing character, forming bonds, and self-discovery. If after four years you can hold you head high, then absolutely your sorority is "tops"." - H2oot
Old 07-09-2013, 11:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh my goodness y'all have me addicted to this site, I'm rushing in the Fall and I'm totally printing these out and bringing them with me to the mall when I look for (cheaper!) rush outfits. Any other tips/things to consider?

I basically only wear dresses. To me they're like the sweatpants of fashion, hahaha!
Old 07-09-2013, 11:35 PM
GreekChat Member

I really like day 2, 3, and Pref Day! I think day 4 might be a bit too green and white matchy-matchy, and I'm not sure about the hair band/bow. As for day 1, I know chevron is hot right now, but it always reminds me of Charlie Brown's shirt!
Old 07-10-2013, 01:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciencewoman View Post
I really like day 2, 3, and Pref Day! I think day 4 might be a bit too green and white matchy-matchy, and I'm not sure about the hair band/bow. As for day 1, I know chevron is hot right now, but it always reminds me of Charlie Brown's shirt!
Ah! Thank you! I knew I was matching a lot, I just get so easily carried away
Old 07-10-2013, 02:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Add a cute skinny belt to look one, preferably a colored one to the first look and I think it would be adorable. Video day is a little blah, maybe choose some different accessories to bring some life to the outfit. Maybe coral? Mixing mint and coral is big right now.
Old 07-10-2013, 02:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaSigKap View Post
Add a cute skinny belt to look one, preferably a colored one to the first look and I think it would be adorable. Video day is a little blah, maybe choose some different accessories to bring some life to the outfit. Maybe coral? Mixing mint and coral is big right now.
Great idea! They're basically my templates right now, I think I'm going to look at Ross and TJ Maxx first. I'm so excited I can barely stand it
Old 07-11-2013, 11:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by srattyrebel View Post
What would you suggest wearing to an SEC Ice water party? I have hearn everything from nike shorts and a tshirt to a sundress. Please help!
Ole Miss Ice Water Parties happen before Recruitment to let the PNMs get their feet wet before Panhellenic Regsitration Closes. The first recruitment parties at Ole Miss are Philanthropy which are Nike Shorts and the t-shirt Panhellenic gives you. In the past, for Ice Water people have worn an Ole Miss t-shirt with some cute shorts or jeans or a skirt. The key for Ice Water is that you want to be cute, comfortable and memorable! Be yourself!

Remember there are hills, long walks, high heat, humidity, and thunderstorms when choosing your outfit

Last edited by MaryPoppins; 07-13-2013 at 06:47 AM.
Old 07-12-2013, 02:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to WhiteDaisy128
Gah, someone bumps this thread and I'm sucked into Polyvore (and pretending to be 18) all over again!

Old 07-13-2013, 02:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AUAZD2001 Send a message via Yahoo to AUAZD2001

Love all these dresses.
Old 07-17-2013, 12:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Opinions?

What day do you think this dress could be worn on? It seems more job interview-y to me, but also fancy enough for recruitment. The peplum style seems popular this fall.