GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Fraternity Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fraternity Recruitment Recruitment event ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,172
1 members and 2,171 guests
zdaidjunioro429

Old 09-12-2009, 11:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Rush at UCLA

I am currently entering my first year at UCLA and want to rush as soon as I get there. What are some of the reputations of the fraternities (which ones have the best parties and pull the most attractive girls) and how does the whole rush process work?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-12-2009, 11:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruin27 View Post
I am currently entering my first year at UCLA and want to rush as soon as I get there. What are some of the reputations of the fraternities (which ones have the best parties and pull the most attractive girls) and how does the whole rush process work?
We don't talk about reputations here, they're too subjective. Seriously though, why would you listen to a bunch of randoms on the internet when making a decision with lifelong consequences.

In any case, it's good to know you're joining a fraternity for the right reasons...
Old 09-12-2009, 12:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusteau View Post
We don't talk about reputations here, they're too subjective. Seriously though, why would you listen to a bunch of randoms on the internet when making a decision with lifelong consequences.

In any case, it's good to know you're joining a fraternity for the right reasons...
Yeah who could possibly care about stuff like brotherhood and bonds that will last until you die. That's not as important as getting drunk and laid.
/sarcasm
Old 09-12-2009, 12:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi U MC Vito View Post
That's not as important as getting drunk and laid.
BINGO!
Old 09-12-2009, 12:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Just trying to get a little bit of a feel for the frats before i move in thats all.
Old 09-12-2009, 12:08 PM
GreekChat Member

and i'm not using this website to make any kind of decision. I want to see others opinions out of curiosity
Old 09-12-2009, 12:09 PM
GreekChat Member

So go out and meet people! Trust me, they'll be around - probably helping with freshman move-in, hosting parties, setting up information tables. You're much better off getting to know fraternity men in person.
Old 09-12-2009, 12:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Just trying to get a little bit of a feel for the frats before i move in thats all.
First off, you were right the first time. Most Fraternities hate being referred to as frats. It is a disrespectful term with many negative connotations.

Quote:
and i'm not using this website to make any kind of decision. I want to see others opinions out of curiosity
Why? We aren't the ones who would be making the oaths and swearing loyalty to these people, you are. The only opinion that matters is yours.
Old 09-12-2009, 12:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Sorry I am no expert to greek life, and once again I just want to get a feel for some of the houses before I get there.
Old 09-12-2009, 12:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Honestly, you won't be able to get a real feel until you start meeting the guys there.
Old 09-12-2009, 02:48 PM
GreekChat Member

You'll get a feel for the guys you click with. To be honest, nobody likes the rushee that is asking "so do you guys have the biggest parties," "do you guys hang out with the hottest chicks," etc. My guy friends would always laugh about those kids behind their backs because they are so obviously overcompensating for a bad high school...or they are just a douche.

My advice? Find the chapter that honestly fits your personality and rush there. If you can't pull the hottest girls already even the best fraternity won't help you. Vice versa, I know guys in "low tier" houses that got girls the rest of their fraternity wouldn't have been able to touch. It's all about the person.

Don't trick yourself into thinking your personality is necessarily going to fit the "Alpha Male party" chapter, because if you are that guy that rushes the same type of fraternity every quarter/semester until he has run out of "top chapter" options, you will be talked about and it can get ugly.
Old 09-24-2009, 03:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Rush at UCLA

Rush is a clear racist and always has been - which is why ESPN ESPN A freakin sports network fired him. Hes one of those guys you simply dont listen to if you have an IQ in the triple digits.