GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,129
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zavictoiajnr131
» Online Users: 1,328
3 members and 1,325 guests
naraht, PGD-GRAD, TLLK

Old 08-19-2013, 11:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Clemson Recruitment 2013/clemsongirl's Recruitment Story!

Hey y'all! Since I haven't seen a thread about Clemson's recruitment and it officially starts tomorrow I thought I'd combine it with my recruitment story so I don't have two dueling threads running. Clemson's recruitment schedule is as follows:

Tuesday, Aug. 20th at 8:30 PM: Pre-Recruitment Movie Social
Wednesday, Aug. 21st at 7 PM: Orientation
Thursday, Aug. 22nd and Friday, Aug. 23rd from 5-10:45 PM: Round One (Open House)
Saturday, Aug. 24th from 9 AM-2:15 PM and 5-10:15 PM: Round Two (Philanthropy)
Sunday, Aug. 25th from 9 AM-2:25 PM and 5:30-10:55 PM: Round Three (Sisterhood)
Monday, Aug. 26th and Tuesday, Aug. 27th from 5:30-11 PM: Round Four (Preference)
Wednesday, Aug. 28th at 6:15 PM: Bid Day!

Clemson's recruitment is a little different from other big recruitments in that since the chapters live in floors of Clemson-owned dorms that are spread all across campus, the rounds are held in the basketball coliseum and the student center with busing provided to get the PNMs from one party to the next should they need to change buildings. The first two rounds, as I understand it, are done in the concourse of the basketball coliseum with curtains dividing it into twelve different segments. I'm expecting the chants to be very, very loud since I'll be able to hear all twelve of them at once!

I don't know the number of girls going through recruitment this year (I asked one of the graduate assistants for Fraternity and Sorority life and she said well over 2000...I don't think she's right on that since we're not quite as large-scale as Alabama). Quota last year was 64 and the year before that it was 58. There is also an upperclassman quota but I do not know exactly how that is calculated. Registration ends tonight at midnight. Classes start on Wednesday night so the PNMs and actives are going to have a very busy first few days of school!

There are twelve NPC chapters at Clemson:
Alpha Delta Pi
Alpha Phi
Alpha Chi Omega
Gamma Phi Beta
Delta Delta Delta
Delta Zeta
Zeta Tau Alpha
Kappa Alpha Theta
Kappa Delta
Kappa Kappa Gamma
Sigma Kappa
Chi Omega

I will henceforth be referring to them (in no particular order) as:
Aries
Taurus
Gemini
Cancer
Leo
Virgo
Libra
Scorpio
Sagittarius
Capricorn
Aquarius
Pisces

I am a legacy to one chapter on campus and I do have recs for every chapter (assuming they were all sent in-there were a couple of women I just could not get a hold of for confirmation). I am an involved sophomore with a GPA well above the 2.70 minimum to go through recruitment so while I am not expecting a full schedule full of all my favorites every round I am confident that I will end up in a good home for me I feel like I could be happy in any house right now and despite being frequently asked by my friends which chapters I am "aiming for" I do not have any favorites at this point. I will do my best to post daily updates on my own recruitment.

Good luck to all the chapters and PNMs and Go Tigers!
Old 08-19-2013, 11:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Good luck! Have fun!
Old 08-19-2013, 11:49 AM
GreekChat Member

I taught at Clemson for a year and I had great students from every sorority. From what I understand there are quite a few girls that wait until Sophomore year to go through recruitment at Clemson. Good Luck and Go Tigers!
Old 08-19-2013, 11:54 AM
GreekChat Member

I hope you have a wonderful week and find your home! Keep up the great attitude!
Old 08-19-2013, 12:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsongirl View Post
I am a legacy to one chapter on campus and I do have recs for every chapter (assuming they were all sent in-there were a couple of women I just could not get a hold of for confirmation). I am an involved sophomore with a GPA well above the 2.70 minimum to go through recruitment so while I am not expecting a full schedule full of all my favorites every round I am confident that I will end up in a good home for me I feel like I could be happy in any house right now and despite being frequently asked by my friends which chapters I am "aiming for" I do not have any favorites at this point. I will do my best to post daily updates on my own recruitment.

Good luck to all the chapters and PNMs and Go Tigers!
Clemsongirl,

You have a GREAT attitude! Good Luck and have fun!
Old 08-19-2013, 12:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Wishing you a very happy recruitment! I have a dear friend's daughter who is going through as a freshman, and I helped her with recs. I am hoping she has a great recruitment as well!
Old 08-19-2013, 01:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Good luck with recruitment.

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt

Last edited by ASUADPi; 08-26-2013 at 08:16 AM.
Old 08-19-2013, 01:34 PM
Super Moderator

Yay!! Good luck!
Old 08-19-2013, 01:42 PM
GreekChat Member

I also have a PNM going through as a sophomore this year at Clemson. I wish her the best of luck.

Georgia Bulldog/Delta Delta Delta
Old 08-19-2013, 02:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sigmagirl2000
I, too, have a PNM going through . Best of luck to everyone in finding their home!

I suppose I'll start off the rooting for chapters by saying "Let's go Virgo!" since it's my sign and my birthstone color! (This might be pointless rooting if chapters haven't been assigned to colors/ signs yet)

::: waiting for someone to post in Irishpipes 2013-2014 chapter listing thread that quota was .25 ::: - ASTalumna06
Old 08-19-2013, 03:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks for the well-wishes, everyone! I actually have one question that I feel you wise women of recruitment may be able to answer for me. Pref is over two nights, so should I wear two different dresses or would it be okay to just wear the same one twice? Right now I only have one picked out but since I have a wardrobe full of dresses it would not be the end of the world for me to find another one if I need to.
Old 08-19-2013, 03:43 PM
GreekChat Member

I think you would be fine either way. It might be nice to have a back up in case something is spilled on night 1.

"Sisterhood is not about being popular, its about developing character, forming bonds, and self-discovery. If after four years you can hold you head high, then absolutely your sorority is "tops"." - H2oot
Old 08-19-2013, 03:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsongirl View Post
Thanks for the well-wishes, everyone! I actually have one question that I feel you wise women of recruitment may be able to answer for me. Pref is over two nights, so should I wear two different dresses or would it be okay to just wear the same one twice? Right now I only have one picked out but since I have a wardrobe full of dresses it would not be the end of the world for me to find another one if I need to.
I think you're safe using the same dress - it's not like you'll be revisiting the same houses in it. Exceptions for me would be if it gets sweaty the first day (never a good look the second day), if you have two dressed that you love equally and want to wear them both, or if you are looking for a handy excuse to buy yet another cute pref dress (which I will admit might be enough to sway me).

Might you end up with all of your pref parties on the same day? I assume the parties are spread over two days to accomodate the large numbers of parties each chapter must hold due to the # of PNMs, but I would be interested to hear Clemson schedule specifics from a Tiger.
Old 08-19-2013, 04:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigKapSweetie View Post
Might you end up with all of your pref parties on the same day? I assume the parties are spread over two days to accomodate the large numbers of parties each chapter must hold due to the # of PNMs, but I would be interested to hear Clemson schedule specifics from a Tiger.
It looks like it's possible to have all three on one day, since the Greek Life website says they're only an hour long. Going by the schedule each sorority could have up to five pref parties a night. I am curious to see how many girls each party will have.

Thank you everyone for the advice! I think I'm going to wear my pre-determined pref dress one night and then see how I feel for the second (if needed). Y'all are the best!
Old 08-19-2013, 04:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to DGTess
Best of luck to you.

I'm presuming my niece elected not to participate, since I've heard nada from her.