GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Chapter Operations

Chapter Operations Share plans, ideas, and brainstorm problems related to chapter operations. Topics also include parliamentary procedure, national programs, innovations & etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 313,818
Threads: 115,438
Welcome to our newest member, connalj

Old 09-11-2013, 10:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Greek Family System

Hello everyone, I'm currently part of a chapter that was just re-founded on my college campus and was appointed as brotherhood chair. I was looking to implement a family system to help in building the bonds between our brothers. We currently have 23 members and have recruitment in two weeks where we hope to get 15-20 new members. These members will be considered founding fathers just like the 23 of us currently are. We won't be having our first Alpha Class until January of next year. I was just wondering if anybody had any insight on how I could potentially implement a family system how our 23 current members and the new ones which we hope to get from rush this month? I'm hoping to implement the system at the end of this year so that once we get our alpha class they can be the the lil bros. If anybody could be of any help I would really appreciate it!
Old 09-11-2013, 11:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtaz View Post
Hello everyone, I'm currently part of a chapter that was just re-founded on my college campus and was appointed as brotherhood chair. I was looking to implement a family system to help in building the bonds between our brothers. We currently have 23 members and have recruitment in two weeks where we hope to get 15-20 new members. These members will be considered founding fathers just like the 23 of us currently are. We won't be having our first Alpha Class until January of next year. I was just wondering if anybody had any insight on how I could potentially implement a family system how our 23 current members and the new ones which we hope to get from rush this month? I'm hoping to implement the system at the end of this year so that once we get our alpha class they can be the the lil bros. If anybody could be of any help I would really appreciate it!
Hey man.

So I worked with an APO chapter that was in a similar situation. They had like 24 "original" chartering members who joined one semester, then they recruited another group of seven or so about a year later.

What THEY did was "twin" the original group, creating 12 family trees, and then when they did big/little pairings, the second group got bigs from the first group.

Twins (in this sense) would basically treat each other as their own little. You make a paddle for your twin, look out for your twin, etc.

If your twin takes a little, then you are like that little's uncle.

Make sense?

And with an odd number, you could have one set of triplets.

Last edited by Sen's Revenge; 09-11-2013 at 11:32 PM.
Old 09-11-2013, 11:44 PM

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
I think what Sen describes is common in NPC colonizations...everyone gets "twinned" with another member.
Old 09-12-2013, 09:14 AM
GreekChat Member

What Sean said. (Warning this may get confusing)- I pledged a sorority that had colonized the year before so I was part of the first official pledge class (or alpha class as you called it). My big sister had a "twin sister". It was really kind of "neat" because her twin's little and I were then "twin littles" if that makes sense. Our family tree branched from there. The original "twins" made each other paddles and got each other initiation gifts and basically did everything for each other that my Big did for me. In a lot of ways they were closer than a big / little relationship. My big's twin's little and I also looked out for each other in a way that a lot of established chapter pledge sisters did not. So in a lot of ways I not only got a big sister but a pledge sister that was "also family".
Old 09-12-2013, 11:33 AM
GreekChat Member

It's basically starting a tree with two branches rather than one.

Exciting times