GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Risk Management - Hazing & etc.

Risk Management - Hazing & etc. This forum covers Risk Management topics such as: Hazing, Alcohol Abuse/Awareness, Date Rape Awareness, Eating Disorder Prevention, Liability, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,329
1 members and 1,328 guests
JayhawkAOII

Old 11-17-2019, 01:42 PM
GreekChat Member

No 'answers' after university freshman found dead in gorge after frat party

https://abcnews.go.com/US/definitive...ll_twopack_hed

Quote:
The parents of a Cornell University student are demanding answers after their son died following an off-campus fraternity party.

Eighteen-year-old Antonio Tsialas’ body was discovered on the evening of Saturday, Oct. 26, according to a statement on the school’s website by Ryan Lombardi, Cornell's vice president for student and campus life.

"His body was recovered this evening inside the Fall Creek gorge. A full investigation of the circumstances of his death is underway; no foul play is suspected," the statement said. Fall Creek Gorge is part of a nature preserve in Ithaca, New York.

Prior to his disappearance, Tsialas had dinner with his parents, who were visiting. He then attended an off-campus party but never returned to his dorm, his parents told "Good Morning America."

"There are people that know what happened and nothing is being said,” father John Tsialas told "GMA."

@~/~~~~
Old 11-17-2019, 01:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Way premature to blame the fraternity here. Need to find out what happened and how he got there. Years ago at my school we had a girl disappear after a night of drinking. Nobody blamed the bar.
Old 11-17-2019, 03:08 PM
GreekChat Member

There are some 150 gorges in the Ithaca area. It's a big tourist destination for them. As a result, the suicide rate and accidental death rate were very high at one time. They since instituted safety measures at many of them. When I visited our chapter there they drove me around to see many of them and told me about the issues associated with them. It's a beautiful area but also has many sad situations as a result
Old 03-13-2021, 11:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Updated story from the New York Times, but still no answers.
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/13/n....co/042a7XHPVO