GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Sigma > Sigma Phi Epsilon

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 751
0 members and 751 guests
No Members online

Old 07-03-2004, 12:50 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to moe.ron
Post SigEp's News Here

Quote:
MSU fraternity, sorority leaders recognized for service

Contact: Rachael Paul, graduate adviser for the Greek community, (517) 827-2778; or Kristin K. Anderson, University Relations, (517) 353-8819, ander284@msu.edu

6/24/2004

EAST LANSING, Mich. – The Michigan State University Greek community has recognized five members for leadership and contributions to the community.

Recipients each received a plaque honoring their contributions to the Greek system for being named InterFraternity Council Greek Man of the Year, Pan-Hellenic Council Greek Woman of the Year, Greek Academic Man of the Year, Greek Academic Woman of the Year or Fourth Greek Independent Council (4GIC) Leader of the Year.

The chapters, the executive councils and advisers nominated the students. Nominees were interviewed and selected by a Greek selection committee.

“Being a member of the Greek community has many benefits,” said Rachael Paul, the graduate adviser for the Greek community. “Students receive leadership development, academic achievement and community service opportunities, as well as many friendships and a meaningful connection to MSU.”

Anthony Morabito of Dearborn, son of Michael and Rosanne Morabito, received the award for InterFraternity Council Greek Man of the Year. He is a 1998 graduate of Dearborn High School.

“I was honored to receive the award,” Morabito said. “There are a lot of very bright and dedicated members of the Greek community at MSU.”

Morabito was the president of Sigma Phi Epsilon and the MSU InterFraternity Council. He also was a student chairperson on the Union Advisory Board. He graduated in May with a degree in civil engineering with an environmental option and environmental studies and applications.

“Being a part of the Greek community at MSU has opened my eyes to many interpersonal experiences that cannot be gained in the classroom,” Morabito said. “There are an infinite number of ways to get involved in and around the community to help build character and improve leadership skills that will impact you for the rest of your life.”
Old 07-09-2004, 09:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to piphimaggie
Smile My grandfather

Hi boys,
I just wanted to let you know (because I feel it to be very special) that this year I discovered that my granfather was a member of Sigma Phi Epsilon. He initiated into DC Alpha on Feb 1st, 1924......and here I was thinking that I was the only greek member of my family! I never met him, he passed away before my birth, but from what I've heard, SigEp should be proud to have that man as part of its legacy.
Old 08-07-2004, 01:49 AM
GreekChat Member

a while back i found an old picture of my dad with a fraternity jersey on with sig ep letters, and i asked my mom about it and se didn't know if he had been in a fraternity ( they got married in their 30's and he past away 5 years ago) and today we found an engagement announcement from his first marriage and it confirmed that my dad was a Sigma Phi Epsilon at the University of Southern Mississippi!
Old 04-01-2007, 01:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to gphiangel624
The Sigma Phi Epsilon colony at the University of California, Riverside is holding their chartering ceremony on Friday, April 13 at the historic Mission Inn Hotel. I've had the pleasure of working with this incredible group of men as a Greek Advisor for the past 2.5 years (shortly after they colonized) and I am so proud that they are finally ready to charter!
Old 11-16-2008, 04:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Huge news from Nevada Alpha.

This is Brother Nate Janning and I want to inform all the active SigEps on this site that just two nights ago the Greek community on our campus held their annual "All Greek Ball." This is the event where the awards for the year are presented to the fraternities, sororities and mult-cults. Sigma Phi Epsilon received seven of the nine-ish awards, including the Most Outstanding Chapter award, which is the most coveted of all the Greek awards on my campus. This is a change from winning one award last year at the All Greek Ball. Also, we recruited 27 new members this fall, biggest class in years if not ever. Big things are happening at NV Alpha.

Brother Janning

Last edited by SigEpBrother2K8; 11-16-2008 at 04:50 AM.
Old 01-23-2009, 11:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Proud to announce that the Kentucky SEC Chapter here at Northern Kentucky University has finally chartered (once again). After having the charter taken away because of manpower in the early 90's, we returned to campus in 2003 with high hopes of receiving a charter soon. It took five long years with a lot of challenges that tried to stop everyone, but in the end like SigEp's do, we prevailed. Our chartering banquet will be held towards the beginning of April.

Exciting things here at Northern Kentucky University.
Exciting things.

VDBL/HFF,
Thomas P.
Kentucky ETA.
Old 08-12-2010, 07:54 PM
GreekChat Member

According to the SigEp fan page:

Quote:
A warm welcome to Will Scott Stefano, UC Santa Barbara '13. Will has just joined and become SigEp's 285,000th member!
Old 05-22-2012, 09:11 PM
GreekChat Member

One of my favorite Sig Eps (hint: The sun did not shine, it was too wet to play...)

http://wp.me/p20I1i-bh