GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Locals

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,425
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, zenjaminusasdz5
» Online Users: 2,772
1 members and 2,771 guests
Titchou

Old 12-23-2002, 03:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to AlphaXiDiva
Wink How have you measured your success??

To all the locals (or national chapters with input!) out there on greek chat, what is one of your biggest successes, or strong points, and how has your organization gone about achieving it?
I am talking whether the strength be great formals/trips, greek relations, community service, fundraising, sisterbonding... anything!
Ours this past semester has been community service. We installed a new requirement upon sisters that each must complete 10 hours or more of community service outside of scheduled group events in order to be active the following semester. As a group, we completed well over 3000 hours for the semester!
Okay, now your stories got to be better than mine, let's hear 'em!!!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 12-23-2002, 09:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Our biggest sucess is surviving right now. My local sorority was founded 2 1/2 years ago so we are just a baby still. Others thought we wouldnt make it but we are proving them wrong.
last semester we initiatied 14 girls and won powder puff (hosted by G Phi B) We aslo have really strong unity. I have noticed that there certain Sorors. that are extremely divded and the girls dont even know each other. I know all 35 girls and things like thier favrotie color to the hardships they went through. So i think this is what has made us so succsessful.
Old 12-24-2002, 12:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to chideltjen
somehow with all of the rollercoasters the house goes thru each semester, whether internally or externally, we somehow manage to come out on top of things. I know coming out of a big hole we had a few semesters ago and somehow dominating Greek Week last spring and having over 80 PNMs and a class of 24 this fall really make me proud to say i am a chi delt alum. also, knowing the ins and outs of every sister is also really good. having it be a home away from home for many sisters.
Old 02-27-2003, 02:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to MSSTCY1
Surving is also our biggest acomplishment. We will be 15 yrs old on friday and I think that it is amzing that we have stayed alive this long. There have been many times in our history where there were only two or three active sisters that somehow managed to keep everything together and actually still recruit members. Today, we have almost 20 sisters and are in competition with many nationals at our school. Being able to have national sororities come up to us and tell us that we are their biggest competition is a real pay off. We do everything that the nationals at our school do with all the freedom of being local.