GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Risk Management - Hazing & etc.

Risk Management - Hazing & etc. This forum covers Risk Management topics such as: Hazing, Alcohol Abuse/Awareness, Date Rape Awareness, Eating Disorder Prevention, Liability, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,122
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, haledarkz870
» Online Users: 1,674
3 members and 1,671 guests
Sarak24034

Old 11-08-2018, 08:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Violent physical hazing' prompts University of Michigan to remove fraternity

This fraternity chapter opted to disaffiliate from the IFC in September. The complaint against them occurred while they where an active member of the University IFC.

https://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor...n_removes.html
Old 11-08-2018, 10:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Of course, by disaffiliating from the university prior this essentially means nothing. It surprises me that the university says that violent physical hazing and forced alcohol consumption occurred, but that the chapter is still recognized by the national organization. I feel a great disconnect between those two facts.
Old 11-09-2018, 09:00 PM
Super Moderator

It's okay to call 'em Alpha Sigma Phi. Their HQ apparently condones whatever is going on or thinks they can do some sort of a treatment plan to fix a chapter with alleged violent physical hazing and forced alcohol consumption.

They are part of FIPG, so this may still be a work in process, but as news of this spreads, I would count on someone from the FIPG making a phone call to Alpha Sigma Phi's Executive Director to suggest a stronger course of action.

At least I hope so, considering my organization is in the same risk pool.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma