GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Kappa Alpha
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 2,408
3 members and 2,405 guests
No Members online
Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 01:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Interested Young Lady, Seeking Information and Guidance

Greetings,

I am an undergrad and have been interested in the sorority for some time. I am seeking resources to acquire more information about the organization. (Please note that I am not asking anyone on this board for personal information. I am merely looking for other avenues for knowledge) Of course, my search began with the national website, the university I attend chapter's website, other websites, books (not The Past is Prologue) and other things here and there.

Can anyone provide any feedback?

I also have another question...I am well aware of the inner workings of NPHC on my campus. In particular, there have been some questionable practices/procedures displayed by the chapter that I am interested in. I am very adamant about becoming a member of the sorority but am worried about regulations and guidelines not being followed correctly and my chances dissolving. (I do realize I am being very vague but I am also very aware of women's feelings toward their org. I do not want to offend anyone, but the truth of the matter is that there are some shady dealings going on here.) Should I stay in pursuit of membership here, or wait until grad school?

Any constructive assistance is greatly appreciated.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-09-2009, 03:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinResilience View Post
Greetings,

I am an undergrad and have been interested in the sorority for some time. I am seeking resources to acquire more information about the organization. (Please note that I am not asking anyone on this board for personal information. I am merely looking for other avenues for knowledge) Of course, my search began with the national website, the university I attend chapter's website, other websites, books (not The Past is Prologue) and other things here and there.

Can anyone provide any feedback?

I also have another question...I am well aware of the inner workings of NPHC on my campus. In particular, there have been some questionable practices/procedures displayed by the chapter that I am interested in. I am very adamant about becoming a member of the sorority but am worried about regulations and guidelines not being followed correctly and my chances dissolving. (I do realize I am being very vague but I am also very aware of women's feelings toward their org. I do not want to offend anyone, but the truth of the matter is that there are some shady dealings going on here.) Should I stay in pursuit of membership here, or wait until grad school?

Any constructive assistance is greatly appreciated.

QFP: Read the Pearls of Wisdom at the top of the page... We will refrain from any discussions related to your questions and please refrain from private messages to my fellow sorority sisters of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. or a request for banishment from this site will be made...

Yes, it is THAT serioussssss....

"Yo soy una mujer negra" ~Zoe Saldana

Last edited by AKA_Monet; 05-09-2009 at 03:13 AM.
Closed Thread